When did beards get popular all of a sudden?

They are extremely popular among bald man, my guess to make up for the lack of hair they can't grow upstairs.

I've been rocking a beard the last few months, it's so good to not have to shave every morning. I'm not in love with it but convenience wise it's awesome.

its not that bad of a trend unless its the guys that swirl their mustaches and braid the beard.. I prefer a VanDyke with stuble everywhere else

I work outside so I grow a beard for the winter and shave it in the spring. I can't imagine keeping it in the summer time tho, sweat, sawdust and a beard seem like a terrible combination

You're probably seeing a lot of carry over from no shave November. Hopefully their family beard shames them over the holidays and they clean that shit up by the beginning of the new year.

Beards have and will continue to be popular as long as hair grows on faces

I have been reading this trend of head hair is growing and also pubic hair is gaining some sweat I mean steam

I know beards have historically been a biological (and social) sign of masculinity, and a secondary sexual characteristic probably indicative of testosterone value.

It seems in modern times, beards for a while weren't too popular. People ditched them, to instead go for a clean-cut, freshly shaven look.

It seems, about 5 or so years back, there emerged some huge desire in beards. Women started becoming obsessed with bearded, lumberjack men... In some cases, even guys looking a bit homeless (read hipsterish). Naturally, guys became obsessed with beards too. Started trends like #beardgamestrong and #beardgang.

With everything equal, I feel like a woman in the 90s would've snatched up a shaven man without hesitation, and a modern woman would snatch up a bearded dude.

When did this happen?

Why did this happen?

How did this happen?

men-looks-beards-flannels-lumbersexuals.jpg
No Idea. I've worn one for the better part of a decade.

Beards have always been popular, there was just a strange time from the mid 80s to the early 2000's where they went out of style.

Never, beards are gross and full of soup and crumbs.

I know beards have historically been a biological (and social) sign of masculinity, and a secondary sexual characteristic probably indicative of testosterone value.

It seems in modern times, beards for a while weren't too popular. People ditched them, to instead go for a clean-cut, freshly shaven look.

It seems, about 5 or so years back, there emerged some huge desire in beards. Women started becoming obsessed with bearded, lumberjack men... In some cases, even guys looking a bit homeless (read hipsterish). Naturally, guys became obsessed with beards too. Started trends like #beardgamestrong and #beardgang.

With everything equal, I feel like a woman in the 90s would've snatched up a shaven man without hesitation, and a modern woman would snatch up a bearded dude.

When did this happen?

Why did this happen?

How did this happen?

men-looks-beards-flannels-lumbersexuals.jpg

basically its the new small penis syndrome for hipster. Not saying everyone who grows a beard is a douche, but the ones who did it prior to the douche bags adopting it are fine in my book.
its the ones who constantly chant, "your more manly with a beard" non sense make me laugh.

its the same with manbuns, any dude who has those is probably less manly then anything ive ever seen.

Just because more people have them doesn't make them popular :)

They're still dumb, except for the lumberjack style (with overalls)

Beards are for ugly people and bald people.
If you are an actual mountain man or do some type of manual labor, then its fine to wear one.

Back