Media Best angle - definitive proof.

Askren fucked up when he called up Dana on the mic after the fight, you might want to turn the page but I'm sure Dana will make the rematch, just for the laugh

FatDisfiguredIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

1- Before Herb drops to his knees, Robbie is moving the “limp” arm. How can his arm be limp yet moving at the same time?

2- When Herb picks his arm up, the arm does not drop back to the ground but rather it remains elevated and Robbie even gives a thumbs-up before returning his hand to the canvas.

3- Robbie is immediately alert, aware, composed and justifiably pissed off AF after Herb intervenes.

I am totally unbiased in this.

You will find quotes from me speculating that Askren is a contender for WW GOAT and you will also find quotes from me stating my love and appreciation for Robbie - The type of man who makes this the greatest show in the world.

You will not find quotes from me predicting the result of this fight or claiming one superior over the other.

What’s right is right and Robbie doesn’t deserve to have an L on his record for this. IMO this is one of the very few instances where the result should actually be overturned to a No-Contest.
Is anyone even arguing the opposite? Even Herb kinda looked like "ah shit, my bad Robbie".

I'm surprised there is much controversy about whether he was out. It was pretty clear Herb made a mistake. It's understandable to the extent we all saw how his arm went limp, but Robbie wasn't out.

I don't think that was even a thumb up, that was just Robbie reaching for Askren. Just because you see his thumb doesn't mean he was giving a thumb up, it was just the shape of his hand. Still idk why Herb stopped it after Robbie showed motion with his hand. I think he panicked from the way Robbie's arm originally went limp.

Should at least threw some body punches or at least attempt to fight the hand instead of laying there like a limp dick

Is anyone even arguing the opposite? Even Herb kinda looked like "ah shit, my bad Robbie".

OP: "definitive proof"
goes on to prove nothing...

Also notice how Ben releases pressure when Herb steps in his face, then lets go 2 seconds later.

Robbie woke up while ben was holding his neck before letting go.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/lawler-was-out-gif-inside.3922137/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/here-is-how-robbie-went-out.3922283/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/debate-over-goat-says-ben-won-robbie-went-limp.3922351/

Really wish this would be switched to a NC and run back.

How can that honestly be a Loss on your record...

Terrible lr reffing

A matter of opinion - but in my book it was a fuck up by the ref. :(

Robbie was definitely conscious right before the stoppage.

The way his arm dropped very much gave the impression he was out though.

However, and I'm not a grappler here so maybe jujitsu bros can shed some light, even if he could come back to consciousness that quickly after being choked, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that he could do so whilst still in the choke that apparently put him out.

He couldn't. If he was truly unconscious, his body would have slumped limply to the canvas. Most likely while still in the bulldog.

It was a bullshit stoppage.

That gif starts to late, it doesnt show Robbie's arm/hand dropping from behind Ben's head.

That doesn't matter. The point is before Herb makes the call to stop it Robbie's arm is responding and he even gives a thumbs up. That is a terrible stoppage.

Great post.

I am also wanting to see other angles of when it looked like Askren went limp for a second (then woken up my another strike) during the GNP
If it had of been stopped while he appeared to go limp (askrin) it would of been fair imo

Best angle = The angle that doesn't show him going limp.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

You guys are so desperate it's beyond pathetic.

Back