Stranger Things Season 3 (Premieres July 4)

This season seemed 'off.' The 1st 2 episodes had some forced humor and in your face 80s. Wasnt as clever.

Later on, i either became numb to it or there was enough fun happening that i didnt care as much.

Glad i didnt hate it like some of yas.

Ok, is that Cherry or Strawberry..?

Anyways, just finished it and my overall impression is that I liked it. They have a formula that they’re decent at presenting that works for the world they’ve created and they’re sticking to it. If you try and enjoy this show on a bit of a ‘dumb’ level it works just fine. If you continuously stop every other scene and try to figure out real world ‘why didn’t that character just do this or that’ shit then this show will aggravate you to no end and you’ll find it hard to enjoy.

Anyway, sucks that Billy died, I thought dude was hilarious trying to pound Mikes Mom and even almost had her going for it.. then to see him turn as a bad guy was pretty solid. He was a good casting and perfect D-bag 80’s character. Sucks to see him go. Dustin and Steve are the two best characters left in the show imo and are hilarious together and almost remind me of the two Lannister Bros dynamic.

Elevens at times autistic ways of talking and repeating other characters dialogue is tired at this point.. we’re on season 3 now she should be firing off lines fairly normal with only the occasional confused puppy routine.

Cherry...strawberry...its all the same to Smirnoff

Count me in the boat who liked this more than season 2. Not as good as season 1. Funny how some people hated this season. I didn’t think it was that far off the mark. I would have figured people who hated this season also hated season 2. I dunno.

I don't see how. In any way.
The lack of the shit X-Men subplot that went absolutely nowhere is enough to put it above S2. Not to mention it actually attempted to change up the story instead of repeating the exact same plot as S1.

I liked it more than season 2. I liked the shift from the demigorgon threat to a new monster.

The one thing that bithered me is why joyce didn't give hopper the 3 seconds he needed to jog back to safety. Dude wasn't a mile away, literally steps from safety and she just nuked him anyways. The time it took them to make eye contact and him to nod would have been better spent just strolling back inside.

Don't ever go near a lab if you are banging joyce.

I liked it more than season 2. I liked the shift from the demigorgon threat to a new monster.

The one thing that bithered me is why joyce didn't give hopper the 3 seconds he needed to jog back to safety. Dude wasn't a mile away, literally steps from safety and she just nuked him anyways. The time it took them to make eye contact and him to nod would have been better spent just strolling back inside.

Don't ever go near a lab if you are banging joyce.

He was trapped. There was a big electric storm thing in his way.

I'll have to rewatch it I guess, thought that was behind him. Thanks whiskey.
After killing russian terminator, the electrical field flared and created a wall

He couldve jumped over the side or into the wall to the upside down tho

After killing russian terminator, the electrical field flared and created a wall

He couldve jumped over the side or into the wall to the upside down tho

It’s pretty obvious he’s the prisoner at the end they’re referring to. Tho, I have no idea how the fuck he survived Joyce closing the gate, and if he entered the upside down world before the gate closed.. how’d the Russians get him and bring him back to Russia..? Also, how would Joyce not have seen him enter the upside down prior to closing the gate, she was looking straight st him and had a clear view of him..

Guess we’re gonna have to suspend logic quite a bit for this show..

It’s pretty obvious he’s the prisoner at the end they’re referring to. Tho, I have no idea how the fuck he survived Joyce closing the gate, and if he entered the upside down world before the gate closed.. how’d the Russians get him and bring him back to Russia..? Also, how would Joyce not have seen him enter the upside down prior to closing the gate, she was looking straight st him and had a clear view of him..

Well the Russians have a demogorgon so they must have some kind of access.

She closed her eyes when she started turning the key. My guess would be to not see someone she cared about get boliterated in front of her.

Someome on twitter said its matt modine but he got bottle gifed by the demogorgon in S1 lol

Glad i posted in here. Not only did that rewatch confirm the electrical forcefield it also mafe me realise that I stopped it when the credits popped up.
Dum da dum dum dummmmb

great season so far im like 3 episodes in the sound also seems to be better than in previous seasons.

Count me in the boat who liked this more than season 2. Not as good as season 1. Funny how some people hated this season. I didn’t think it was that far off the mark. I would have figured people who hated this season also hated season 2. I dunno.

The story of season three was better than season two. Show took a massive turn tonely in season three. It became a childrens comedy with a science fiction backdrop. Unlike prior two season that were a science fiction drama/thriller with comedic undertones.

Well the Russians have a demogorgon so they must have some kind of access.

They got the Demigorgon from Hawkins.. remember when Erica and Dustin are snooping around in the facility and Erica sees the giant cage and asks Dustin how big the Demigorgon was?

They couldn’t access the gate in Russia, that’s why they went to Hawkins because the gate was already opened there.. Smirnov brings that up during the translation scene.

The story of season three was better than season two. Show took a massive turn tonely in season three. It became a childrens comedy with a science fiction backdrop. Unlike prior two season that were a science fiction drama/thriller with comedic undertones.

Theres truth to this.. but I have to admit I was laughing at the scene where Suzy makes Dustin sing ‘The Never Ending Story’ with her before coughing up the numbers they needed lol. I liked the unexpected timing of it, and it fit the 80’s theme they were going for too.. I was a kid in the 80’s myself so a lot of this stuff hits home just enough to make me appreciate what they are going for in a lot of these scenes. There’s a lot of call backs that people who were born later may not catch, but not so severe that it should eject anyone that doesn’t get the references, it’s just Easter eggs for those of us that do.

Last edited:
I enjoyed season 3. I like Stranger Things a lot. Its incredibly easy to watch.

Has anyone called Murray's phone number (Hopper gave up his number when he called the military)? I just called it and I suggest you do as well.
618-625-8313

fuck man, i binge watch this with some whisky yesterday and i really enjoyed, got hooked on the after credit scene, i think bringing out the russians in the whole 80's thing was great, the dude that looked like the terminator, it was solid for me at least but i cant stand that fucking kid with the speech impediment, its not the way he talks i just think he is a little shit

Back