Andrei Arlovski apologized for using homophobic slur, UFC responds

He didn't say anything wrong. F*ck fa**ots.
<Huh2>

I’m surprised you have lasted nine years here without getting the ban hammer. That’s pretty aggressive stance there, buddy!

<escalate99>

So what he said it? I say that word all the time. I even said it on here once and got carded for it lol

It's a figurative term just as much as an actual discriminatory one. Interesting enough, there was a study awhile back that showed that even a lot of gay people used the term as a figurative insult from time to time.

Good professional move on him to catch that and smooth things over asap.

War Arlovski

the solution is to man up, sincerely apologize, and move on...which is exactly what he has done...so that should hopefully be the end of it.

The end of it? I doubt it. He will likely (hopefully) continue to say whatever he wants, just not publicly. And public figures don't "sincerely apologize" they just make business decisions. By "apologizing" he's preventing activist groups from boycotting UFC sponsors.

Must've been censored on my stream because I didn't hear any of that <Lmaoo>

It is what it is. I use that word excessively and I in no way mean it in the context of homosexuality. It's exclusively a term directed at bitches of all types. That said, it has an origin of slang and the people against which it has been directed are always going to find it offensive. The guy isn't directing board meetings, but he's on a position of public speech so some types of decorum should be expected.
I call my close friends f@gs all the time. Its not meant to insult gays. We live in a strange time where everyone is offended.

We cant even make jokes about fat people! Literally i was put in facebook jail for calling someone fat!!! 7 day ban. I mean, i wasnt aggressively going after this person either, i just said something LIKE jabba the hut wants his skin suit back, but i think it has mlre to do with the person i was insulting. The person was in fact a transgender. But i made no mention of that, just that they were fat. I think facebook has a secret database of peotected people, and any criticism their way is banned, i didnt even start the argument. I think these people hide behind their protected status to be able to do shit.

Its very similar to where i saw disabled mentally disabled people hide behind their disability in a way to get away with stealing shit or trying to molest people. .

“The organization does not condone any disparaging comments regarding race, religion and/or sexual orientation."
McGregor_Towel.jpg

It would be comical to punish him when they have violent psychopaths like Jones and Hardy fighting regularly.

Honestly better cover it with a apology before 100ppl on twitter feel triggered and costed him a job.

Yeah, its clear he didn't use the word to actually attack any members of the protected and aggressively expanding LGBTQ Cult.

Yeah... dont forget to come up with a letter that represents the “under age children cross dresses who’s parents and other adults are exploiting for their own financial gain and their twisted /deranged virtue signaling” group...

If you aren’t ok with this... you're a hateful bigot.

2726925274_54bddf4844.jpg

I wish Arlovski was the champ. Just imagine the pearls of wisdom he would grant us every now and then.

Technically Connor didnt say anything towards islam here. Ive seen muslims marry before and they didnt wear this giant thick bed sheet. It was a very tasteful thin veil. This is like super orthodox islam wedding.
hijab-bride-muslim-wedding-dress-thumb640.jpg
this is more modern islam.

That should probably be the end of it

He made an error and apologized pretty much immediately. Can't see any reason really that it needs to drag out further than that

No big deal, I know what he meant. "Fuck the haters"

Meh, before 2008-2009 or so EVERYONE fucking said it multiple times a day. Growing up it was the go-to insult for anyone. In moments of heightened emotion, it can slip out. People need to chill out.

Meh, before 2008-2009 or so EVERYONE fucking said it multiple times a day. Growing up it was the go-to insult for anyone. In moments of heightened emotion, it can slip out. People need to chill out.

That's exactly the point, make people use other insults. Also people did chill-out, Arlovski quickly apologized on his own and nothing happened to him.

Back