War Room Lounge v60: "Joe Biden, and no we're not joking" -America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably an odd thing to ask after my diatribe against drinking but...

Have any of you tried moonshine?

A few times, it wasn't like bathtub moonshine but it was 120 proof grain alcohol.

Tastes like chemicals and burns a bit going down. Reminds me of rubbing alcohol.

Oh what the fuck.

Ugh... the housing saga continues. Ggggrrrrr.

Buddy I was planning on living with has the 2 kids right? The 9 year old he splits custody with and the 3 year old that lives with him 100% of the time (and is a fucking terrorist).

We found a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom spot for $1650 a month in a nice neighborhood with pretty cool landlords. Ask him "how do you want to split rent" and he comes back with "I know we talked 60/40 but 50/50 would be easier for me because with the longer commute to my work and utilities I don't know if I could afford to do anything with childcare expenses and such at 60/40 (keep in mind at 60/40 he'd only be paying $900 a month now, a $300 decrease from what he's paying now)".......

So, you want to get 2 of the 3 bedrooms, one of which is the fucking MASTER bedroom with an attached full bath... and want to split the $1650 rent 50/50? Oh yeah, and stick me in a room the size of a prison cell so your two kids can share the slightly larger room....

Am I off base for really REALLY wanting to tell him to go fuck himself and find my own spot solo? I won't as he's a friend of mine but I really want to back out of this shit now. We signed the lease but haven't paid a deposit.

Like bitch, I already commute FARTHER than you do AND I'm not the one that insists on taking the 3 year old to a day care spot that is $1000 a month. PLUS, your job you COULD work from home if you really REALLY wanted to so......

No to 50/50. master bedroom pays more.

Definitely seems pretty shitty on his part especially since he's seeing a drop in rent so this is mutually beneficial move.

You're not to be a bit upset. But tbh I am sympathetic to your friend here given his concerns and needs as a single father. Perhaps you could compromise with him by agreeing to 50/50 for a certain time period then switching to 60/40 for the rest of the lease.
Just kind of combining my response to you and @PolishHeadlock2 here @Kafir-kun but I am sympathetic to his "plight" so to speak for a lack of a better word. He didn't ask for the mother of his child to die in ICU like 2 weeks after giving birth to their child but there's aspects of this that annoy me too.

For one, I wouldn't be in the master bedroom with it's own private bath. If I were I wouldn't mind splitting everything 50/50 but as it is he was talking like I'd be:
1.) In the smallest bedroom (granted he wants the kids to share a room so if it were 60/40 I wouldn't be pissed)
2.) SHARE the bathroom with guests/the kids.. which wouldn't be an issue at 60/40 either BUT the sister of his deceased wife and him are basically a "thing" now and when she helps change his 3 year olds pullups the fucking old ones just sit on the bathroom floor and no one picks them up.

I LEFT a SHITTY housing situation to pursue a better housing/job and the job is going fucking awesome (no sarcasm) but the housing situation feels worse.

Asked like mid July why it was a struggle to find anything
"Everyone wants to move this time of year"

*My brain... with University of Utah and fucking BYU there should be a ton of shit available...... that excuse doesn't make sense.

Whose name is on the lease?
Both of us.

A 3 year old terrorist?

<mma4>
He's former 82nd so he calls her Osama sometimes too.

No to 50/50. master bedroom pays more.
Agreed

Is there actually a definition for what moonshine is? I thought it was just illegally distilled liquor.
I fermented and distilled peach juice as a kid, it was filthy.
Worse than the bottles of flavouring esters from the supermarket kids used to use as "homemade sambuca".
Although as compensation, over consumption might have sterilised them.

Is there actually a definition for what moonshine is? I thought it was just illegally distilled liquor.
Worse than the bottles of flavouring esters from the supermarket kids used to use as "homemade sambuca".

Moonshine is grain alcohol with 120 proof, by definition.

You can buy it in some places in the states.

Pretty much but usually the point of it is that its higher proof than what is legally allowed.

Just kind of combining my response to you and @PolishHeadlock2 here @Kafir-kun but I am sympathetic to his "plight" so to speak for a lack of a better word. He didn't ask for the mother of his child to die in ICU like 2 weeks after giving birth to their child but there's aspects of this that annoy me too.

For one, I wouldn't be in the master bedroom with it's own private bath. If I were I wouldn't mind splitting everything 50/50 but as it is he was talking like I'd be:
1.) In the smallest bedroom (granted he wants the kids to share a room so if it were 60/40 I wouldn't be pissed)
2.) SHARE the bathroom with guests/the kids.. which wouldn't be an issue at 60/40 either BUT the sister of his deceased wife and him are basically a "thing" now and when she helps change his 3 year olds pullups the fucking old ones just sit on the bathroom floor and no one picks them up.

I LEFT a SHITTY housing situation to pursue a better housing/job and the job is going fucking awesome (no sarcasm) but the housing situation feels worse.

Asked like mid July why it was a struggle to find anything
"Everyone wants to move this time of year"

*My brain... with University of Utah and fucking BYU there should be a ton of shit available...... that excuse doesn't make sense.

Both of us.

He's former 82nd so he calls her Osama sometimes too.

Agreed
He's taking advantage of you.

Put away some money to cover a month or two in case he breaks the lease. 50/50 bait and switch from him is really ugly behavior. Hope you can convince him otherwise.

You're not wrong to be a bit upset. But tbh I am sympathetic to your friend here given his concerns and needs as a single father. Perhaps you could compromise with him by agreeing to 50/50 for a certain time period then switching to 60/40 for the rest of the lease.

Good advice there

Pretty much but usually the point of it is that its higher proof than what is legally allowed.
I have.

You know that Rogan joke about how when you get super high on weed you lose your short term memory but don't forget important shit? Like... you'll forget to call your wife/girlfriend to tell them you're ok but you won't forget how to use a phone.

Moonshine made me forget my own name for about 2 hours.

He's taking advantage of you.

Put away some money to cover a month or two in case he breaks the lease. 50/50 bait and switch from him is really ugly behavior. Hope you can convince him otherwise.
Like believe me I sympathize with how he's a single father and shit but this is a joke to spring this on me AFTER we signed the damn paperwork. ADD ON the fact that he probably COULD work from home so the fucking commute shit is a non-starter IMO.

Whose name is first?
Does that even matter?

holy fuck dude, why are you just telling us this now?

I'm sure you have some hilarious stories.

I've posted about it here before and the other subforums.

I bounced from 19 - 22 at McFadden's at Citizens Bank Park and their location in Northern Liberties.

Religion without asceticism is probably worse than drinking without religion imo. Shame is better than shameless, but it’s not enough. Self control is needed.

People use religion to justify their excesses all the time.

Wife is a Bridesmaid in a wedding next weekend. Bride is full blown Bridezilla mode.

Fired the caterer for "not respecting boundaries" (whatever the fuck that means.) Asked a friend to bartend for them for free- friend called them out on not inviting him to the wedding in the first place and only because they needed something and rightly refused. Now canceled the hair and makeup place because they were rude during practice run.

10 days away. No food. No booze. No hair or makeup artist.

Not a Bridezilla story but a few years ago we went to my buddies sister's wedding and her and the groom were cheap as fuck and very inconsiderate.

They had it in his parents backyard (destroyed the yard) and had his sister and brother in law cater it..... The Sister and brother in law worked their entire wedding for free. Who the fuck asks family to do shit like that? Who wouldn't want their family ot enjoy the wedding day.

Then my buddy and his brothers were asked to clean up the entire yard the next day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back