Media Paige VanZant "I just wanna be paid more & that's it"

people can quote the reported athletic commission payout all they want

everyone has seen the proof from court documents that fighters get paid substantially more
Some fighters got paid more. Some. Got paid. Past tense.

18% max revenue share says a lot more.
she's gonna test free agency during covid when UFC is the only one even putting on events? not sure how well it will work
UFC isn’t the only game in town anymore.

Some fighters got paid more. Some. Got paid. Past tense.

18% max revenue share says a lot more.

UFC isn’t the only game in town anymore.
Fighters continue to make more than what is listed, I dont believe for one second that Conor only got 3 million in January

omgfg shave your head paige wtf

She's used up UFC gave her many chances many cans many main event spot hoping she would break through but her fighting ablilty never improved she not even top 15 in a weak division that barely have anyone in it how much you expected to be paid ? Her last fight ufc going to promote Ribas an up and coming fighter who actually has fighting talent and potential.

don't we fucking all.....
difference is maybe if she wasn't fighting once a year and didn't take year long layoffs she'd actually have a case
I love posts like these, let me know who doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
Well if she'd stop breaking her damn arm and actually fight and win she might have a leg to stand on to demand more pay. 6 fights in 5 years with an even record and no real top flight wins isn't exactly great leverage when all you have is insta drawing power from showing your goodies.
“If she’d stop breaking her arm.” I’m sure she’s doing it on purpose.
Fighters continue to make more than what is listed, I dont believe for one second that Conor only got 3 million in January
So you’re using an exceptional person to paint the rule?

She seems salty and bitter at this point...definitely not as overly enthusiastic as she's been in prior fights. The problem with PVZ is she's overvalued herself to the point of entitlement. She probably thinks she deserves a spot in the main card and was hoping for a lesser opponent so she can showcase her Dancing with the Stars scissor kick. The fact that the UFC matched her up with a prettier, more talented star in the making is all the writing on the wall she needs to see.

Not a needle mover? She has more followers than any of the people fighting for a title this weekend. Sports Illustrated, Dancing With the Stars, her autobiography by a major publisher. No one else on the card has had the media profile and opportunities she has had.

All that and she can't make more money?
$2.6m followers on the gram. If she can't monetize them she definitely needs help.

Last edited:
Maybe win some fights and grow a dick. Sure way to make more money in MMA.

Not a needle mover? She has more followers than any of the people fighting for a title this weekend. Sports Illustrated, Dancing With the Stars, her autobiography by a major publisher. No one else on the card has had the media profile and opportunities she has had.
yea but those people aren't going to shell out money to watch her FIGHT
they just want ass and titties, which are all over insta

she doesnt' move the needle for the company

She still gets under 50k to show and is definitely a draw, her fight with Waterson averaged 4.9m viewers. 4.9m viewers and she got 43k to show, you might not like her but something isn't right with those numbers.

Or maybe they were tuning in for the karate hottie. I mean its not even close...

She has more people tune in to watch her fight than many others who have a higher base pay. Her base pay sounds way low compared to her general popularity/fame.

Welcome to an exclusive club called fucking everyone.

This "pay me more" shit
I completely understand it from fighters like Masvidal who are on a winning streak and are spectacular and KO guys and are more popular than the average fighter

But Paige is 2-3 in her last 5 fights
We are talking about WMMA here

Back