Media Paige VanZant "I just wanna be paid more & that's it"

I’d agree, but you can only get by so much based on physical appearance alone. I think a few years ago she would have had more leverage as she was considered a prospect and fit the look they had for Reebok. Now on this ESPN era of the UFC she’s lacking the skills that is suppose to come with the look. If she loses this weekend, UFC won’t resign her.

Cringe all you want, it’s working for her. There are more threads on this forum about her than Petr Yan, who is fighting for a damn title this weekend.

Paige has six times the followers of Petr Yan on any platform. Face it, the UFC is a popularity contest. It is a spectacle before a sport.

And you feed into it. Ask yourself why you clicked this thread.

If UFC is a popularity contest why is Yan getting payed more than Paige? Maybe you meant to say Instagram is a popularity contest, that's where Paige's income mostly comes from.

Does PVZ deserve more? Yes I think she does. She is partly to blame why her pay is still so bad. You have to fight through your initial contract and her always being injured means she is still on her early contract. Cat Zingano had the same problem. Her contract was bad because she was so inactive. I think it is obvious Bellator will overpay for her. I mean they paid a lot of money to Rory and he never even been close to a draw. Once Rory's contract came up Coker was not going to make that mistake a second time. I always say that this is prize fighting so go to whoever pays you the most. However, that might not always turnout to be the best. Ask Sage about that.

It would be easier and more secure work. Probably more money too.

Who made the respectable, intelligent choice, the woman being paid to wear a bikini or the woman being paid to take punches to the face?
To be fair, most women take punches to the face at home for free.

I think the biggest thing with fighter pay is establishing price floors. If you are on a main PPV card, there should be a minimum, maybe 50/50K. If you are on a televised ESPN prelim, there should be a minimum, maybe 30/30K. Fightpass only, maybe 15/15K. All fighters should get to have 2 patches on their shorts, and someone like PVZ could make some good cash that way.

We have to start thinking of it more like two entertainers who are on a TV show that is broadcast worldwide that has gigantic sponsor dollars attached to it. Nobody gets upset when one of the kids from Modern Family with no talent was making hundreds of thousands per episode.

Dunno what contract she's on, but I'd figure she's on $50k/$50k already. Even if not, I think it opened the door to her deal with Reebok for a fighter who at the time, was probably on her way to being bludgeoned by Rose.

Cringe all you want, it’s working for her. There are more threads on this forum about her than Petr Yan, who is fighting for a damn title this weekend.

Paige has six times the followers of Petr Yan on any platform. Face it, the UFC is a popularity contest. It is a spectacle before a sport.

And you feed into it. Ask yourself why you clicked this thread.
I was expecting pics, a little disappointed but some people are making the thread worth a quick read.

Well I guess we have that in common.

I shave my head, so we don't have that in common, though.

well, plus you are not a fighter, hot, or popular so you don't have that in common too. Oh, and you don't donate a fucking thing to fight children's cancer so you are different in that way too.
Oh, and you whine about the successful while she just is the successful.

Well if she'd stop breaking her damn arm and actually fight and win she might have a leg to stand on to demand more pay. 6 fights in 5 years with an even record and no real top flight wins isn't exactly great leverage when all you have is insta drawing power from showing your goodies.

Get out of the MMA bubble. See where the real money is being made. See the “paid partnership” tag on that model’s post about a protein brand? She got more money from that one IG post than most of the fighters on the card this Saturday. 7.5 million people saw it. That is more than the highest UFC PPV buys.

Yes let’s be real. UFC fighters make peanuts in relation to the audience they draw, the attention they get and the sacrifices they make. It is a sucker’s deal for all except a rare few.

I do not begrudge any fighter for wanting to be paid more.

There are many legends of the sport who are broke. Financially and physically. It should be obvious by now that results as a fighter have little bearing on success in life.

The fighters are finally cluing in. Unlike you, they are looking outside the MMA bubble. They are realizing they are not getting what they are worth.
I don’t give A FUCK. Yes we need to stay in the MMA BUBBLE you genius, because this is an mma forum. We are talking about the ufc. Fuck ig, fuck twitter and all that bs. I couldn’t care less about that crap. All i am saying is that PAIGE is not a draw in fhe ufc. I gave you an example of that ig girl to show you how she is completely unknown compared to real stars.. Hell, Adam Sandler has only 2 more million followers ..... but you can bet your ass that he is way more famous. Just that. Having 5 million ig followers doesn’t mean that you are famous or a star. Jesus, what are you girl, 15?

One thing that i agree with you though is that fighters get paid CRAP.

Last edited:
Such thottery shall not be tolerated

They've really dropped the ball the last year or so promoting her. Bellator and her seem to be a good match
UFC and Paige fell out.
She's going to Bellator.
UFC know it.
They don't want her.
She hasn't fought for 1.5years, and now she wants more cash and she keeps losing.

She's being too greedy and of her last 5 fights, she lost 3.
Last 3 fights, she only won 1.

and she's going to lose Saturday and it won't be close.

If she wants to get paid for fighting maybe she should cut out the extra curricular bullshit and focus on fighting.

I can't stand that little hood rat...how someone like that can make money is beyond my understanding...she's a ghetto rat.
What the hell is a "ghetto rat"?

• Her parents are business owners
  • She brought up to be an active outdoorsmen
  • She is married
  • She is gainfully employed (She sucks at her job, but she shares that in common with lots of people)
  • She rarely curses in public
  • Seems to have no arrest record or dropped charges

Back