Media Paige VanZant "I just wanna be paid more & that's it"

don't we fucking all.....
difference is maybe if she wasn't fighting once a year and didn't take year long layoffs she'd actually have a case

Paige is young, cute as hell , obviously athletic and if I'm her manager - I'm gonna put her out for some casting calls. She seems well spoken so I'm sure she can handle a script and some acting coaching.PVZ has got the world by her short hairs and I don't know if she realizes.

Funny when a male fighter complains about money y'all on their side but when she does it y'all shit on her lol.

Regardless of how she preforms or how good she it or her skill that fact that she makes more money on instagram(which I'm sure we all believe it to be true) then her fighting career for the number one fight promotion in the world is pretty sad!

You are talking about her ig, though. That doesn’t necessarily mean that she is a superstar lol.

https://www.instagram.com/katyaelisehenry/?hl=es
This girl has 3 times more the ig followers and nobody knows who the fuck she is lol.

Right. We are talking IG.

Your example of that model: “Nobody knows who the fuck she is” .... but she has 7.5 MILLION followers on IG. Do you realize how stupid you sound?

Get out of the MMA bubble. See where the real money is being made. See the “paid partnership” tag on that model’s post about a protein brand? She got more money from that one IG post than most of the fighters on the card this Saturday. 7.5 million people saw it. That is more than the highest UFC PPV buys.

Paige Vanzant is NOT a star. She is not brock or cm punk. She cannot carry a card and pull 1 milion ppvs. I love the fact that she is making money outside of fighting, its a brutal sport and fighters should always pursue something else so they can retire comfortably. But lets be real here.

Yes let’s be real. UFC fighters make peanuts in relation to the audience they draw, the attention they get and the sacrifices they make. It is a sucker’s deal for all except a rare few.

I do not begrudge any fighter for wanting to be paid more.

One more important thing that is worth saying is that as famous as you can be as a fighter, you need RESULTS. You need to be good and win fights consistently, otherwise you will be forgotten.

There are many legends of the sport who are broke. Financially and physically. It should be obvious by now that results as a fighter have little bearing on success in life.

The fighters are finally cluing in. Unlike you, they are looking outside the MMA bubble. They are realizing they are not getting what they are worth.

Do people buy PPVs to watch PVZ?

prob more than they do for the large majority of the roster.

But that's not a good question for Sherdog, literally 9 people on this site buy PPVs, the rest of us live in our mothers basement and stream it via illegal methods obv.

She still gets under 50k to show and is definitely a draw, her fight with Waterson averaged 4.9m viewers. 4.9m viewers and she got 43k to show, you might not like her but something isn't right with those numbers.
dude she is a d level fighter, imagine paying every d level fighter huge sums of money. pretty sure the sage northcutt method clearly doesnt work. let this woman go to bellator she might get paid there and might actually pick up wins vs the other d level fighters

prob more than they do for the large majority of the roster.

But that's not a good question for Sherdog, literally 9 people on this site buy PPVs, the rest of us live in our mothers basement and stream it via illegal methods obv.

What are you talking about? Sherdoggers are all 6’5 260lbs ripped with million dollar bank accounts bro.

Brazzers is hiring right now... @PaigeVanZant

Funny when a male fighter complains about money y'all on their side but when she does it y'all shit on her lol.

Regardless of how she preforms or how good she it or her skill that fact that she makes more money on instagram(which I'm sure we all believe it to be true) then her fighting career for the number one fight promotion in the world is pretty sad!

She's shit though....why should she get paid more than she currently does?

We all do. PvZ ain't special in that respect.

Great that she's managed to take the platform and make more money, but if the UFC ain't getting a couple more PPV points because she's on the card (and even that's debatable if she's not the main) then she gets what she gets. If she's parlayed her fighting career into something else that makes her more money, she has to decide if she wants to keep fighting.

Fighter pay is a issue. Even if pay gets increased should it go to PvZ first or should it go to say, a Cowboy Cerrone (picking random name of fighter who has main events but is not a champion) who has main events and is driving sales. Are people saying "I'm going to get this PPV because of PVZ or I'll get this PPV, it's a bonus that PvZ is on the card"

She really should just be doing modeling, dancing and instagram ads.

Her arm is seriously messed up from all the surgeries.

We all do. PvZ ain't special in that respect.

Great that she's managed to take the platform and make more money, but if the UFC ain't getting a couple more PPV points because she's on the card (and even that's debatable if she's not the main) then she gets what she gets. If she's parlayed her fighting career into something else that makes her more money, she has to decide if she wants to keep fighting.

Fighter pay is a issue. Even if pay gets increased should it go to PvZ first or should it go to say, a Cowboy Cerrone (picking random name of fighter who has main events but is not a champion) who has main events and is driving sales. Are people saying "I'm going to get this PPV because of PVZ or I'll get this PPV, it's a bonus that PvZ is on the card"

I think the biggest thing with fighter pay is establishing price floors. If you are on a main PPV card, there should be a minimum, maybe 50/50K. If you are on a televised ESPN prelim, there should be a minimum, maybe 30/30K. Fightpass only, maybe 15/15K. All fighters should get to have 2 patches on their shorts, and someone like PVZ could make some good cash that way.

We have to start thinking of it more like two entertainers who are on a TV show that is broadcast worldwide that has gigantic sponsor dollars attached to it. Nobody gets upset when one of the kids from Modern Family with no talent was making hundreds of thousands per episode.

It is beyond my understanding too, but it is the reality of the world today. It is not about how things ought to be, it is about how things are.

The way things are is that Paige is more popular than anyone else on the card, regardless of merit. She can make more money on social media than her current UFC contract. That is why she is angling for more pay. She is right.
Paige Van Zant is not more popular than Masvidal lol

Why are people pissed off if she wants more money?

If you dont like her,and she doesnt get her money,she might leave,as she is already popular,and she can probably go fight elsewhere.

If she does get it,and you have a problem with that,you are a hater,plain and simple.

Her saying or doing anything,always makes threads in here. She is a commodity.

Shes good looking and is tough. But shes lost every big fight she had. Everyone wants more money. Get on a win streak or stfu.

Back