Shevchenko most improved fighter

otizik**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Odd nobody talks about the fantastic skillset on display by Valentina yesterday. Improved grappling with repeated trips and amazing strenght against powerful opponent. Very impressed by the post fight dance as well. Valentina is a beast.

That's because half of Sherdog was predicting that Andrade would ragdoll her

Not true. Most people were predicting that this wouldn’t even be competitive in the slightest. The gap in terms of skill between both fighters was just too significant for Andrade to overcome. She should never have been in the ring with Valentina.

Valentina is the greatest female talent of all time. Is she the goat though? No. It’s still Amanda. She’s just had better competition and much bigger names on her resume.

That doesn’t change the fact that just using the eye test, Valentina is on an island by herself
In terms of overall skill.

Not true. Most people were predicting that this wouldn’t even be competitive in the slightest. The gap in terms of skill between both fighters was just too significant for Andrade to overcome. She should never have been in the ring with Valentina.

Valentina is the greatest female talent of all time. Is she the goat though? No. It’s still Amanda. She’s just had better competition and much bigger names on her resume.

That doesn’t change the fact that just using the eye test, Valentina is on an island by herself
In terms of overall skill.
I think Valentina won the second fight. It was very close so it wasn't like it was highway robbery. I think Valentina wins the third fight more convincingly. I don't think Dana or Amanda wants a third fight. I know Valentina wants it but I understand why Amanda wants no part of it.

Odd nobody talks about the fantastic skillset on display by Valentina yesterday. Improved grappling with repeated trips and amazing strenght against powerful opponent. Very impressed by the post fight dance as well. Valentina is a beast.

"Nobody talks about" - nobody except everybody. That's why everyone agreed about why that the fight was lower than the strawweight fight on the event card- because she's that much better than anyone else. Everyone knew she'd win that fight via however the hell she felt like winning it.

Brazilians like to suffer from nationalistic delusion, so anything they were saying about Andrade pulling off a shocking upset was regarded as delusion. No one seriously thought anything else was going to happen.

She's always been good with the grappling tho. She could've done this to Andrade years ago

I think Valentina won the second fight. It was very close so it wasn't like it was highway robbery. I think Valentina wins the third fight more convincingly. I don't think Dana or Amanda wants a third fight. I know Valentina wants it but I understand why Amanda wants no part of it.

People can say this all they want but it really was a fight that could've gone either way. Nunes is the only one with a definitive win between the two. Even if you treated it as 1-1, Nunes simply has the better resume overall. She got to fight Cyborg, Ronda, Holly, Tate, de Randamie, and demolished them.

I don't see how Valentina could catch up to her with the lack of talent at 125. She would have to either cut to 115 and dominate that division or go up to 135 and definitively beat Nunes multiple times.

People can say this all they want but it really was a fight that could've gone either way. Nunes is the only one with a definitive win between the two. Even if you treated it as 1-1, Nunes simply has the better resume overall. She got to fight Cyborg, Ronda, Holly, Tate, de Randamie, and demolished them.

I don't see how Valentina could catch up to her with the lack of talent at 125. She would have to either cut to 115 and dominate that division or go up to 135 and definitively beat Nunes multiple times.
Amanda does have the better resume. There's no question in my mind about that. I think Valentina beats her if they fight again. I don't think it would be that close either.

She looked amazing. She annihilated a former champ with ease using her “weakness”. Valentina is one of my fav fighters. The event had so much going on that her flawless performance got overlooked. Not that long ago Andrade was dumping thug rose on her head to win the title.

I have never understood why grappling was considered Val's weakness. Master of Sport in Judo and has used a very clinch heavy game in MT and KB. I think some people just assumed because she came from MT she was not a good grappler.

Most improved fighter is Rose. She get her ass handed to her by Carla and Karolina back in he day

Rose to me has always been a frustrating case. Skilled/talented enough to beat anyone. Inconsistent enough to lose to anyone. When Rose is on her game, she’s just a beautiful representation of what MMA is all about.

I was laughing pretty hard when sherbros were saying that Val looked "tired" and "older".

She then proceeded to beat the ever-loving fuck out of the other girl. God she was so indignant about it too, like she was almost saying "this is what you get for even hoping you had a chance"

After this weekend I'm never dismissing WMMA again, at least not the likes of Rose and Shevchenko. Most insane card I've seen in a while

Amanda does have the better resume. There's no question in my mind about that. I think Valentina beats her if they fight again. I don't think it would be that close either.

To say it wouldn’t be close, is really disrespecting Amanda. While I do feel Valentina won the second fight and would win the third....to say it would be easy is a bit crazy to me.

Amanda has grown into a whole new level of power as her career has progressed physically...and that’s not even mentioning her cardio improving and the fantastic overall skill set she brings to the table.

Again, I think Valentina would win. But these two will always be a tough task for each other.

Formidable performance, but hey here on sherdog retards whine about how WMMA doesn't belong in the UFC lol..
Or how Rose "was done" and "going to be destroyed".. Probably the same incels crying about a full venue without the bs masks..
Which btw was a truly refreshing and amazing sight.

Back