Social WR Lounge v262: Pansy Division

What mini power do you choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
today is the 28 year anniversary of the west memphis three murders.

Just read up on that. Aside from the crime itself (holy shit), it was interesting for me to learn about the Alford plea.

What is the general sentiment? Are they the ones or is there another perp?

@PolishHeadlock2 Do you say "phil-uh-delph-ee-uh" like the rest of the country or "phil-uh-delph-ee-eh"...?

Or do you say "Felfia" like my 1 year old?

a-1349522385-.jpg

Just read up on that. Aside from the crime itself (holy shit), it was interesting for me to learn about the Alford plea.

What is the general sentiment? Are they the ones or is there another perp?
I would say opinion is probably split 75-25 with innocence in the 75 camp.

British humour generally does better for me, although it's pretty rare for TV series to remain funny for me for more than a couple of episodes. Might be because I didn't grow up watching TV.
Monty Python's Flying Circus, Black Books, DAAS Kapital, The Young Ones, Black Adder and Red Dwarf stayed funnier for longer than I'd expect.
In terms of books it's more satire like Jennifer Government, Halting State, Rule 34, Noir or Surface Detail.

There's an Amazon Prime show here which has been the funniest stuff I have seen in at least 20 years. It is called Last One Laughing (LOL). I think they did it in Australia, too. Familiar?

Might be because of the people involved, but it is really insanely funny. I am not a comedy guy really but the concept of the show (lock up 10 comedians for six hours, they must not laugh or even grin) killed me.

I stayed up for the past 2 hours typing up a heavy message to my siblings, asking that we all promise to give back to our mama mia, & make life for her the best it can possibly be while we have still her. I'm sleeping over at my mom's right now, as I made the commitment to do so every week - it makes her happy. so I hit send in our sibling Insta group chat, & poof. the message is now gone. I forgot the wifi here does this every so often. right when I was behooved & passionately so after a heavy discussion with my mother about 'tomorrow'. how we know to value time, but end up doing so inappropriately.

the fuck man.

I stayed up for the past 2 hours typing up a heavy message to my siblings, asking that we all promise to give back to our mama mia, & make life for her the best it can possibly be while we have still her. I'm sleeping over at my mom's right now, as I made the commitment to do so every week - it makes her happy. so I hit send in our sibling Insta group chat, & poof. the message is now gone. I forgot the wifi here does this every so often. right when I was behooved & passionately so after a heavy discussion with my mother about 'tomorrow'. how we know to value time, but end up doing so inappropriately.

the fuck man.
I'm sorry the message got lost, it's a really important one and I can tell written with a lot of feeling. I have such bad patience that when something like that happens I usually rewrite my message with no tact and just cut to the point.

I'm sorry the message got lost, it's a really important one and I can tell written with a lot of feeling. I have such bad patience that when something like that happens I usually rewrite my message with no tact and just cut to the point.

it's all good, thanks though I appreciate it. & yeah, I'm actually feeling that right now, I'm fighting the urge to rewrite. I'll probably sleep on it & be more collected in the morning, so I'll wait till then.

The only thing worse is when standup comedians host a show together or do a podcast. It's always terrible.
Stand up comedians think that their lives are a lot more interesting than they actually are, especially the more degenerate ones. I'm sure you guys had tons of fun banging hookers while completely funked up on some cocktail of drugs but its really not that interesting to the rest of us.

Stand up comedians think that their lives are a lot more interesting than they actually are, especially the more degenerate ones. I'm sure you guys had tons of fun banging hookers while completely funked up on some cocktail of drugs but its really not that interesting to the rest of us.
Good Lord could you imagine if someone like that posted here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back