• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is your pick for ‘best that never was’?

Cain dethroned Brock, was the guy who made us all finally admit Nog was past it, put two hellacious beatings on prime JDS and prime Bigfoot. He went 3-2 in UFC title fights, in perhaps the most competitive HW division the UFC has ever seen. “Never was” is not the correct term for him IMO.

Ngannou. thought he would reign for years, then some guy named Gane came along.

Roger Huerta. The guy looked amazing right up until he didn't.

Pedro Rizzo
Igor Vovchanchyn (although I think he won a weird championship - USA vs Russia - could be wrong)

Aleks.

"Who's that guy over there?"

"Him? Oh you know the greatest fighter in MMA history? Well that's his bigger, younger, meaner brother."

Aleks was always a weird one to me. He seemed to be a born fighter like Fedor but never got his shit together.

Josh Barnett is mine. The guy was legit good but never really got to the top. Some of it I think was politics.

Cain for sure, I feel at his brief peak he would have beaten anyone in history.

Aleks was always a weird one to me. He seemed to be a born fighter like Fedor but never got his shit together.

Josh Barnett is mine. The guy was legit good but never really got to the top. Some of it I think was politics.

Politics of failing drug tests when hardly anyone did?

Bigg rigg.beat gsp but look different after 2nd lawler fight

Machida. Not that he isn’t great, but he could’ve became the greatest.

Back