• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

10am local time cards in Vegas reminding us this a bush league

Imagine being so clueless as to not understand that a business has international viewers, or that American fighters fighting in Dubai, Europe, Japan, etc., are "on at weird times". SMH -_-
Again: this card isn't catering to those timezones lol

i think its perfect for me at least, i got a music show at 8 P.M Eastern time. so it fits well.

Again: this card isn't catering to those timezones lol
Nothing funny about it. UFC knows they aren´t going to compete with a shit card in the US, so they put it at a non-competitive time in the US, and get more views from their international community. Hilarious, right? And the main-event has an "up-and-comer" Spivak (who is boring as all hell) from EXACTLY the timezone that would benefit most. SO FUNNY LOL ROFL OMG

I’m pissed because I missed the first two fights, not knowing how early they started

What was the point of this?
Imagine being a cage fighter and having to show up at 7am for warmups and hand taping as part of the "top league in the world", where your audience is like 100 company employees at their corporate office, plus a few hardcores watching on a streaming site.
Yeah why the fuck does the NFL have games so early? Completely bush league

Is there a 50% chance that when you show up for your job, that if it's not a great day you'll be fired and have to find a new profession?

No... obviously not. Still not sure how that refutes anything however. Question should be does waking up that early effect my ability to perform at my job and the answer is still no. I'm no professional fighter so I don't know shit really, but I don't know how I would be different for them. If you think otherwise, I'd love to hear why.

Nothing funny about it. UFC knows they aren´t going to compete with a shit card in the US, so they put it at a non-competitive time in the US, and get more views from their international community. Hilarious, right? And the main-event has an "up-and-comer" Spivak (who is boring as all hell) from EXACTLY the timezone that would benefit most. SO FUNNY LOL ROFL OMG
Sergei Spivak is going to fight at 1am Moldovan time lol
Tell me how that is primetime there.
Sped math.

Wrestling tournament weigh-ins were bright and early back in the day and started early as well, so this feels normal to me.
I remember getting on the bus at like 5am traveling and weighing in at like 7am and wrestling 3 or more matches that day and being done at like 8pm. Didn't bother me it was fun.

Thanks for the reminder, time to tune in for some low level MMA.

What was the point of this?
Imagine being a cage fighter and having to show up at 7am for warmups and hand taping as part of the "top league in the world", where your audience is like 100 company employees at their corporate office, plus a few hardcores watching on a streaming site.

Are you retarded?
I am talking about the athletes. Nobody on this card is catering to a primetime european audience.

Oh I don't mean the fat oafs tuning in at 11am
I'm talking about making pro fighters wake up at 5am for a bout that will determine their entire career trajectory for shitty pay.

Is there a 50% chance that when you show up for your job, that if it's not a great day you'll be fired and have to find a new profession?

Sergei Spivak is going to fight at 1am Moldovan time lol
Tell me how that is primetime there.
Sped math.

the NFL games at 10am PST do not start at 10am local time.

Is there a retard convention this morning?

You're an angry little bitch aren't ya?

Shit take, OP.

NFL starts at 1 pm eastern.

Big fail, bro.

Fifa, world cup are mostly early/midday games.

BIG FAIL

I remember getting on the bus at like 5am traveling and weighing in at like 7am and wrestling 3 or more matches that day and being done at like 8pm. Didn't bother me it was fun.
Yes ammy wrestling and the top pro mma league are the same thing.

I used to play hockey games at 7am growing up and had a blast. Mostly because it was an amateur hobby and if I lost, I still got taken for ice cream afterwards and my income wasn't affected. I would find it retarded and unprofessional if the NHL made teams do it.

Yup, loved the atmosphere, the smell of the gym and the mats. The butterflies/excited feeling. The bus rides with all your teammates cutting up. Even the times we'd get hotel rooms and we'd all end up in the same room just having a blast the night before the state meet. I cherish those days, so many good memories.

Last edited:
Yes ammy wrestling and the top pro mma league are the same thing.

I used to play hockey games at 7am growing up and had a blast. Mostly because it was an amateur hobby and if I lost, I still got taken for ice cream afterwards and my income wasn't affected. I would find it retarded and unprofessional if the NHL made teams do it.
You worrying out other men is what's retarded. Have any of them complained about it? You are a bizarre person and making a mountain out of a molehill for no reason and attacking ppl who aren't agreeing with you.

I like when the cards take place during my morning but I certainly think it's an odd time for the fighters. Very strange.

Back