Did Francis Ngannou Make a Huge Mistake Not Resigning with the UFC?

Did Francis Ngannou make a mistake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is normal.

Athletes from other sports quit what they're doing for MMA too, It can't be just a one way street.

He didn't quit, he just is getting a new promoter because his current one sucked.

He already beat the best HW in the UFC, there's arguably better competition elsewhere and those promotions will likely him to box on the side, which is all he wanted.

Baddest man on the planet, looks like a comic book character, nice guy with charisma, comes from the poorest part of Africa working in a diamond mine as a child and ends up HW champ.

All this and his "promoter" can only get in a couple of mil per fight? LOL, of course he should fire that promoter and get a better one.
Salt mine I think

I am boycotting them till Dana is
No longer the face.
are-you-sure-john-cena.gif

He got greedy. Had an easiest time out of all the champs in the UFC, and already went through all his hardest matchups. Could have been ko'ing bum heavyweights in under 2 minutes, setting heavyweight records, and getting paid millions for it, but he wanted more.

I think the guy had one of the easiest jobs on the planet considering his time spent in the octagon relative to what he gets paid.

$5 million a fight is a joke! Also where did you get this number? Can you post his contact?
You want to hear a joke? Fury’s last opponent got paid $4.5M.

Tyson Fury vs. Derek Chisora 3 fight purse, prize money
Per Sports Zion, Fury will be taking home a guaranteed purse of $25 million, with Chisora taking home $4.5 million. The PPV split between the two will be 80/20 in favor of Fury, the WBC heavyweight champion.

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/amp...salaries-money-match/y0povdeganrihzzcadpyey14

You want to hear another one? Ngannou admitted he lost $7M in two UFC fights by not re-signing.

“I left a lot more on the table. Overall, I’ve been leaving a lot of money on the table even since the Stipe fight. By now, I might be down $7 million that I left on the table, but I’m still happy with my $600,000, because I still fight for what I care for. This is the thing. Freedom doesn’t work with money. You give up one for one. Whether you want freedom, whether you want money. You give up one to gain one.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...g-ufc-deal-but-freedom-doesnt-work-with-money

After reading the above quote, it’s easy math 2 fights = $7M.. or $3.5M each. His next UFC fight would have totaled $10.5M..right? So depending on what the UFC’s final offer was (we only know what it was before the Stipe rematch). But not what any final offer may have been. Ngannou will have to make at least $10.5M and possibly as much as $12.5M (It’s entirely possible the offer went up to $5M per fight) in this fantasy boxing match you’re talking about just to break even. Either way one more fight was necessary to attain these numbers, right?

NONE of this stuff is a secret.

$50 million? Who’s talking about $50 million? Win or lose though, Francis will make more money in one fight somewhere else than then he would in 5 fights in the UFC.

Your posts contain zero facts. Mine are 100% fact. It’s looking like he could actually make less in one boxing match than one UFC fight.. Let alone 5 UFC fights. $4.5M boxing.. $17.5M UFC (5 fights).. possibly $25M UFC (5 fights). $4.5M boxing.. $5M UFC.

But $3.5M for sure for one UFC fight.

There will be another bad decision or robbery for paddy or O’Malley soon and we will all get distracted and forget Francis

You want to hear a joke? Fury’s last opponent got paid $4.5M.

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/amp...salaries-money-match/y0povdeganrihzzcadpyey14

You want to hear another one? Ngannou admitted he lost $7M in two UFC fights by not re-signing.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...g-ufc-deal-but-freedom-doesnt-work-with-money

After reading the above quote, it’s easy math 2 fights = $7M.. or $3.5M each. His next UFC fight would have totaled $10.5M..right? So depending on what the UFC’s final offer was (we only know what it was before the Stipe rematch). But not what any final offer may have been. Ngannou will have to make at least $10.5M and possibly as much as $12.5M (It’s entirely possible the offer went up to $5M per fight) in this fantasy boxing match you’re talking about just to break even. Either way one more fight was necessary to attain these numbers, right?

NONE of this stuff is a secret.

Your posts contain zero facts. Mine are 100% fact. It’s looking like he could actually make less in one boxing match than one UFC fight.. Let alone 5 UFC fights. $4.5M boxing.. $17.5M UFC (5 fights).. possibly $25M UFC (5 fights). $4.5M boxing.. $5M UFC.

But $3.5M for sure for one UFC fight.
Copy of contract actually offered to Francis?

That 7 million contract was likely the same as Jones’s (apparently conor like paydays) new contract and be 8 frigging fights long with hold out, some sort of champ clause and exclusive rights plus a hot dog Brander and maybe a venum kit.

I'd rather he stayed and fought on in the UFC. But he wasn't getting an open boxing permit and likely other principals.

Props to him for standing behind his words.

Bad for the UFC, prolly a bit but in the long run it won't matter significantly. The Machine churns on...

<Neil01>

The only other person to bluff this hard was cejudo and it backfired hard. The ufc has the strategy to promote you OR bury you. What does Nganou have to do to make his bluff pay off? Will the fans follow him or bash him like we did to triple c?

I think he will step in the boxing ring and make 10m or so... I mean, boxing fury or wilder should be his goal if he wants to get paid. a move to belabor, PFL or rizen won't get him paid more than the ufc would have. neither will bare knuckle boxing

It only pays off if he fights Fury

Or he sneaks back in and KO's Jones
Agreed unless he gets a big boxing payday no one wants to see him beat up the PFL heavyweight roster which is probably like four guys.

When was the last time that a high ranking UFC fighter left the UFC to fight in another org and made LESS money?

The only other person to bluff this hard was cejudo and it backfired hard. The ufc has the strategy to promote you OR bury you. What does Nganou have to do to make his bluff pay off? Will the fans follow him or bash him like we did to triple c?

yes, 100%

It only pays off if he gets paid more than $10M to fight some boxer.

And he’s NEVER coming back. No matter what. Too much water under the bridge. Either way, good riddance.

Not true

If Fury negotiations don't work he will look for one last payday for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back