• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Konesuke Takeshita vs Willie Mack
Jeff Cobb vs Tracy Williams
Stu Grayson vs Slim J
Miranda Alize vs Willow Nightingale

ZERO HOUR

So Wade Keller did another podcast on the Punk situation, and here's a transcript of it.

If you don't want to read all of it then here's the basic gist:

Only 2 or 3 AEW wrestlers really want Punk back.
He's lost the support of almost the entirety of the locker room.
There's a perception that Punk plays the victim all the time.
Even Punk's defenders admit he's a bit of a dick.
Tony Khan still wants him back but the feeling is that it'll completely upset the locker room and top stars if he does.
There's a viewpoint that AEW built on "oasis" of wrestling and that some people (Punk included) have walked in with big egos and chipped away at what they've built.
Some wrestlers like Jericho and The Elite even believe that these said wrestlers are ungrateful as they built them this place to come to in the first place.
Even non wrestlers in the company like coaches or producers don't like the idea of Punk returning.
There's a viewpoint that Punk may be good for ratings short term, but he'd do more harm in the long run, and it's possibly exaggerated how much of a draw he actually is.

So basically FTR wants Punk make and nobody else does. Fucking idiot

Wasn't it Wade Keller who reported all the backstage fight stories and it was all Punks fault that quickly unraveled within the following weeks?

I think everyone involved are spoiled children, but you can clearly see how rasslin "media" is running with their own narrative and are clearly taking sides in this whole thing.

Wasn't it Wade Keller who reported all the backstage fight stories and it was all Punks fault that quickly unraveled within the following weeks?

I think everyone involved are spoiled children, but you can clearly see how rasslin "media" is running with their own narrative and are clearly taking sides in this whole thing.
The wrestling media was there live during the Brawl Out press conference and not only were they not asking questions - they were actively trying to change the topic of conversation. That tells you all you need to know.

Observer regarding Punk incident last week: “This came while sides were working on a reconciliation that was at least in principle agreed to, per the decision of Khan who wanted him back. That would also seem to be behind the story that broke of an attempt to book the United Center for All Out this year, rather than the NOW Arena. Where things stand at this moment are unknown. There are tons of complicated issues involved and differences of opinions on the subject,”

What if the tweet and delete was a work?

Wade Keller has been a worse version of Meltzer his whole career.

God that is a sad life.

BLOOD AND GUTS, LETS GET WILD

JON MOXLEY
BRYAN DANIELSON
CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI
WHEELER YUTA
TIMOTHY THATCHER
MINORU SUZUKI

VS

KENNY OMEGA
HANGMAN PAGE
NICK JACKSON
KOTA IBUSHI
KATSUYORI SHIBATA
EDDIE KINGSTON

Just seen the horrible Dante injury. Jesus. Nasty, Sid-esque. Hopefully someone will get a clue soon rather than later. A Canadian Destroyer off a ladder to the outside through tables. How on Earth was he supposed to be protected there? Lucky he's not crippled or dead.

Jericho on Punk

“You know, I’m not, but I wasn’t on Scott Hall’s Christmas card list, or I wasn’t on Eric Bischoff’s Christmas card list. You don’t have to be best friends to coexist, so, to me, that’s not really my wheelhouse. I’m not in charge of that. I’m sure there will be some answers to that pretty quickly, I would assume, either way. But to us, AEW’s gonna thrive and survive with or without him, so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.”

He knows Tony is bringing Punk back no matter what Jericho thinks <45>

So Wade Keller did another podcast on the Punk situation, and here's a transcript of it.

If you don't want to read all of it then here's the basic gist:

Only 2 or 3 AEW wrestlers really want Punk back.
He's lost the support of almost the entirety of the locker room.
There's a perception that Punk plays the victim all the time.
Even Punk's defenders admit he's a bit of a dick.
Tony Khan still wants him back but the feeling is that it'll completely upset the locker room and top stars if he does.
There's a viewpoint that AEW built on "oasis" of wrestling and that some people (Punk included) have walked in with big egos and chipped away at what they've built.
Some wrestlers like Jericho and The Elite even believe that these said wrestlers are ungrateful as they built them this place to come to in the first place.
Even non wrestlers in the company like coaches or producers don't like the idea of Punk returning.
There's a viewpoint that Punk may be good for ratings short term, but he'd do more harm in the long run, and it's possibly exaggerated how much of a draw he actually is.

AEW can’t draw worth a shit, if they had anyone over there with a set of balls they would see how many massive potential blurring the lines storylines they had on their hands with Punk back.

But of course if Punk was to come back, instead of feuding with Elite/Jericho/Mox/Hangman, they would have him randomly having matches with El Hijo del Whomever Jr. on Rampage every other week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back