Francis Ngannou: First PFL Opponent to Receive $2 Million Guarantee

Francis Ngannou wasn’t looking out for only himself when he signed with Professional Fighters League.

The former UFC heavyweight champion took to YouTube to go over some of the details of his deal, which was initially announced early Tuesday morning. While Ngannou isn’t expected to fight for PFL until 2024, one of the most interesting aspects of the contract was the money it appears to have secured for his first opponent.

“This is the best business decision that I have ever done,” Ngannou said in the video. “At the beginning of my free agency I didn’t know that I could have a deal structure where I could have all this in one deal. I have myself a good guarantee, which is more important. And most importantly, I was even able to have a guarantee of $2 million for my opponent, [so] whomever I’m going to fight next is going to make money too.”

As previously reported, Ngannou will compete in PFL’s pay-per-view superfight division, which is expected to pay fighters a 50% revenue share from those events. He’ll also be chairman of the forthcoming PFL Africa and serve on an advisory board representing fighter interests.

Read Full Article Here

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/F...onent-to-Receive-362-Million-Guarantee-190005

Sherdog Article on Ngannou signing with PFL

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/francis-ngannou-signs-with-pfl-debut-expected-in-2024.4292036/

585b70fd65d537a140e33b3bcac622d7.png

I can't see a PFL PPV getting over 100k buys. You can't even really use the jake Paul, Logan Paul connection to bring in the kids because Prime is contracted to the UFC
Jake Paul is signed to the PFL... He also owns equity in that company LOL.

He will make more from PFL, boxing and his chairman position, if everything is true... I was a doubter too, but we were wrong. <WhatItIs>
You have no evidence that’s true. You think he’s getting bank to be “chairman” of pfl Africa? We’ll see. I hope he does well.

Reactions: lsa
The haters were claiming he was asking for too much money and that he wasn't really trying to help other fighters and advocate for others. The deal he signed disproves all the haters wrong that it was just all about money. Not sure how you missed that you're on here enough to have not missed it.

Tons of people were claiming he was just greedy and his claims that it wasn't about the money but other conditions have all been proven wrong.

You do realize that $2M is less than they paid Jones, right?

PFL is paying Ngannou's opponent less than the UFC paid. And the UFC paid in 2023, not 2024.

He negotiated a worse contract for his opponent than if he'd just stayed in the UFC.

why is it crazy? You know how much boxing pays out?
Not sure yet, but this alone is crazy from a business stand point

Ngannou will compete in PFL’s pay-per-view superfight division, which is expected to pay fighters a 50% revenue share from those events.

They offered Ngannou $8million to fight Jones, how much do you think he dererves?

All of these guys, like kowboy, on Sherdog will say it's crazy because most of them are UFC shills or just plain hacks who don't understand the fight game. The fight game IS NOT THE UFC, it is making the most money to prove yourself while putting your body on the line. If the UFC won't pay you what you want and another promotion will, then you go to that promotion.

The UFC has always claimed to have the 'BEST FIGHTERS IN THE WORLD" but we saw that it wasn't true when they absorbed Strikeforce. All of the Strikeforce fighters quickly became champs or consistently kicked UFC fighters' asses. After they aquired them they made the claim "starting now" that they had all of the best fighters in the world. Well, they have lost the lineal UFC HW champ and jones holding a piece of paper calling him the champ doesn't really count anymore, does it. The Baddest Man On the Planet does not belong to the UFC despite what kowboy and the rest of his buddies will try to tell you.

Instead of being happy for a fighter you get moronical posts aobut how "crazy" a business model it is... Since when does Sherdog "care" about the business? Aren't we supposed to all be TRUE FIGHT FANS?

Just wait, Frank's opponent... the bigger the name, the more money they are gonna want. This will open the floodgates.

They are gonna end up paying a can $2mil to get tkfo on a ppv that will do 120k buys.

PFL will file chapter 11 by end of 2025. You heard it here first.

Lol the PFL probably already had a fighter in mind that cost $2 million... sure we will pay them $2 million for you frank for you.

Just wait, Frank's opponent... the bigger the name, the more money they are gonna want. This will open the floodgates.

They are gonna end up paying a can $2mil to get tkfo on a ppv that will do 120k buys.

PFL will file chapter 11 by end of 2025. You heard it here first.

LOL I think you're probably right, still gotta give Francis credit for pulling this off.

Affliction strategy is interesting. Who could even be close to what 2 million would be somewhat worth? Bader? Lol. Really no idea what the longevity of a deal like this. There isn't a prime Fedor or Arlovski that could somewhat be valued 2 million for him. Maybe Slim? That's stretching it.

Affliction strategy is interesting. Who could even be close to what 2 million would be somewhat worth? Bader? Lol. Really no idea what the longevity of a deal like this. There isn't a prime Fedor or Arlovski that could somewhat be valued 2 million for him. Maybe Slim? That's stretching it.

Not to mention the fight is in 2024...more time to have any aging name grow older

Bro....you're not allowed to ask that or you are called a UFC shill!

So it will be at least 2 full years since he has fought and hasn't gotten paid anything.

Unless he is sitting on a boatload of cash, throwing away 2 years of your prime doesn't seem like a very good idea.

I'm sorry I provided you information pertaining to the topic that can help you develop an informed opinion. I'll know better for the future what kind of relationship you have with knowledge.
I was actually hoping that you can extrapolate the mma promotion earnings for me, based on the data you provided about the wrestlers fighters pay. Thank you.

he took stipes soul when they last fought lmao
Lol that’s why he dishonourably squirmed out of a rematch. I’ll never understand so called mma fans who are satisfied with a one one. Suppose you’re the type who thinks Izzy has bested Alex. Fricken millennials.

Lol that’s why he dishonourably squirmed out of a rematch. I’ll never understand so called mma fans who are satisfied with a one one. Suppose you’re the type who thinks Izzy has bested Alex. Fricken millennials.
I guess you're the type that wants to see Serra/GSP 3?

What crow? All people said, was that he was not gonna get a premiere boxing match with a Top 5 HW for tens of millions of dollars, and he would likely sign with an MMA B-league.

What were the "haters" wrong about?
Well, there were ones who claimed he will go broke. Some even mentioned him going back to salt mines. There are levels to the moron game as well.

Can someone who's knowledgeable on the situation explain PFL's finances? Who backs them? How can they afford to give out these contracts, do they have a lucrative TV deal? Not hating I just want to understand

PFL officially overtakes UFC as the baddest promotion on the planet

would be interesting to see what happens if he does lose. anything can happen in MMA like a DQ, eye poke, injury. The guy who just got 2M is probably going to ask for even more with the rematch since they know how much francis is worth. Probably asks for 4-5M for the rematch, threatening to vacate the belt and walk to bellator as 'the guy who beat francis' if his demands aren't met.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duelbits
Back