Some people say Belal deserves a title shot…

He’s extremely boring to watch or listen to speak. He probably had a little luck on his side in the last fight. He’s probably the guy I’m least exited to see fight for a title or fight in general @170lb. But he absolutely should be the guy to get a shot next. He and Dariush both should be in a a title fight.

Tim Duncan was boring as hell to watch, should the NBA have blocked him from competing for the championship? The UFC did a lot to legitimize mma as a sport, they now have an obligation to give guys like belal a title shot.

So he should fight in a style which gives his opponent a better chance of winning to appease a few wwe fans?
Something tells me even if he threw caution to the wind and get into 50/50 slugfests he'd still have a large amount of detractors.
Speaking for myself, I want to see the best fight the best, wins and losses determines that. He deserves his title shot.

I disagree. Sure he’s been stinking out fights with an ultra tactical approach, throwing one strike per minute, but that doesn’t a champion make. Look at these other guys with “boring” styles, no where near as boring as Belal mind you, who then had to go out and literally create a character to get fan interest, like Colby. Colby’s fight style isn’t the most exciting in the world, but he apologises for it by playing a character. Belal is unapologetic for employing a fight style that’s completely bereft of any entertainment value, and for this he doesn’t deserve to be champion, especially when you have fighters who actually come forward throwing combinations looking to get finishes. These guys are hindering their own chances of victory to be more entertaining for the viewer - and that’s how it HAS to be.

Honestly I'm more surprised at how many people think Beneil deserves a title shot

Tim Duncan was boring as hell to watch, should the NBA have blocked him from competing for the championship? The UFC did a lot to legitimize mma as a sport, they now have an obligation to give guys like belal a title shot.

I mean if the NBA and other leagues could get away with only letting big market teams be in their sport's championships, they would

He’s extremely boring to watch or listen to speak. He probably had a little luck on his side in the last fight. He’s probably the guy I’m least exited to see fight for a title or fight in general @170lb. But he absolutely should be the guy to get a shot next. He and Dariush both should be in a a title fight.
This luck he has seems to be lasting through 9 fights total. I think its about time people admit that he is a good fighter,and he is difficult to beat. Even if you do not want him to win,you should want to see his skills pair up against the top fighter in the division,instead of make excuses.

Nah that arab supremacist deserve it more than anyone in that division

Edwards made him cry in the first fight, I don't really need to see that again.

I am not a fan of him, his fights, or his fighting-style. But "Remember the Decision" is on a 9 fight win-streak and deserves his shot next. With that said... God help us all!

belal-muhammad-bullyb.gif

Reactions: HHJ
in this scenario, the way you do the job is actually a substantive aspect of the job itself. fight promoting is not like filing papers or moving units of merchandise; if people don’t want to see you fight, then you really haven’t been doing a great job.

That sets a bad precedent considering that the whole point is showing up on weight, fighting and winning. Trying to be exciting and also trying to win against elite level fighters is easier said than done. Not many people like his style which they're entitled to feel but he shouldn't get punished for that when he's busting his ass in the gym and consistently winning.

I disagree. Sure he’s been stinking out fights with an ultra tactical approach, throwing one strike per minute, but that doesn’t a champion make. Look at these other guys with “boring” styles, no where near as boring as Belal mind you, who then had to go out and literally create a character to get fan interest, like Colby. Colby’s fight style isn’t the most exciting in the world, but he apologises for it by playing a character. Belal is unapologetic for employing a fight style that’s completely bereft of any entertainment value, and for this he doesn’t deserve to be champion, especially when you have fighters who actually come forward throwing combinations looking to get finishes. These guys are hindering their own chances of victory to be more entertaining for the viewer - and that’s how it HAS to be.

Pure manure. Please list all the UFC WW's that actually deserve a TS ahead of Belal. You should just go watch WWE.

It's supposed to be a sport. The UFC is the promoter. And they are taking the lions share of the money. It's their job to get us excited about the fights and the fighters. Belal is doing his job. The UFC is not doing theirs.

Belal is 9-0-1 in his last 10 and beat Luque, Thompson, Brady and Burns. 4 straight top 10 opponents. I don't care what anyone thinks, I don't care if all his opponents lost from slipping on banana peels like its Mario Kart. Belal deserves, earned, is warranted, due, acquired, claimed or whatever other word a title shot, Belal deserves his title shot.

He does deserve to finally get smashed by a better fighter, albeit fighting for the belt. :)

Youve obviously never competed in anything if you can’t even comprehend what I’m getting at.

Name one other legitimate sport where 'entertainment value' is the primary driver of whether the best people/teams compete for the championships. There are none. It boils down completely to their ability to win.

If you had a football team with an invincible running back that got 3.4 yards every single time he ran the ball no matter what, and the team just ran the 40 second down clock down before handing it off to him on every play, that would be the most boring game and team ever, and that team would be the super bowl champions every single year.

Last edited:
Unfortunately he deserves it. Hopefully Leon/Colby don't enter the fight one armed/one legged because that would be super annoying.

As far as his chances against a functional top 5, they are zero and Burns fight has solidified Belal as a top 10 gatekeeper in my eyes.

This is pretty damn stupid considering the guy who is supposedly next in line for the title shot hasn't legitimately finished a fight since 2016.

I guess Belal just needs a shitty WWE gimmick and he'll get his shot in no time.

This luck he has seems to be lasting through 9 fights total. I think its about time people admit that he is a good fighter,and he is difficult to beat. Even if you do not want him to win,you should want to see his skills pair up against the top fighter in the division,instead of make excuses.

I said luck in his last fight. He got to play keep away with an impaired dangerous opponent. I said nothing about the 8 fights prior. But Gilbert is a legit fight and he definitely was a shell of himself against Belal. So yes exactly what you quoted me saying and that is “a little luck in his last fight” and nothing about the 8 other fights you shoehorned in.

I said luck in his last fight. He got to play keep away with an impaired dangerous opponent. I said nothing about the 8 fights prior. But Gilbert is a legit fight and he definitely was a shell of himself against Belal. So yes exactly what you quoted me saying and that is “a little luck in his last fight” and nothing about the 8 other fights you shoehorned in.
Lol @ having to "shoehorn in" 8 fights.

The guy wins, Deal with it.

belal-muhammad-belal-mafia.gif

Back