Opinion It is not bigoted to want a homogenized American culture.

TS,
is this fair:
race%20whiteeeb3%20(2).jpeg
lol

Most immigrants assimilate to the culture pretty well. As always, liberals prioritize the ones that don't.
“Assimilation,” for lack of a better term, takes time. Trump’s white nationalist lackey Stephen Miller basically made the same comment you did: that we should be prioritizing immigrants that speak English, assimilate, and so forth.
Genealogy showed that his immigrant great grandparents never learned English. Same with conservative pundit Tomi Lahren, who shared the same anti-immigrant viewpoints despite her immigrant ancestors being here for 41 years and never learning English.
The “liberals prioritize immigrants who won’t assimilate” argument is pure bullshit, it’s been proven time and time again.
I'm from your neck of the woods. I also am a Brown man and a child of immigrants. I'm also not a Christian. So now that your two big BS claims are dead on arrival, what's your next tactic to race bait ?
Look at what you’re advocating for. You finally got around to defining this culture you wanted, which would be
patriarchal, rigid in demands to allegiance to the country and Constitution, very nuclear family based, and very unaccommodating to cultures which were antithetical to the standard.
Where did the patriarchal aspect come from? In the West, it came by way of Judaism and Christianity (which in turn has roots in the Sumerian culture of the Fertile Crescent which also became patriarchal as agriculture developed). The nuclear family was likewise generally a development of Eurpoean (often English) societies heavily influenced by the Church, that became economically viable with the advent of the Industrial Revolution.

You may not be a white, Christian, European immigrant to America, but what you are advocating for is exactly what I claimed you were advocating for, is it not?

The problem with White Americans is they have been beaten down by our media and academia over the last decades to hate themselves and to be ashamed for their race. It's strange for me to see. My stepson one told me he was ashamed of being White because of the destruction of Native American society and the slavery of Black Americans by European colonizers. I told him to not be ashamed because the Native Americans were killing each other for thousands of years before the Europeans arrived. I also told him that the Brown Ottomans had taken millions of White Europeans as slaves. Yet, to this day he feels ashamed. It's tragic stuff.
lol

That ship sailed a long time ago in the US. In fact it never was a consideration considering this country's roots.

There's plusses and minuses when it comes to a homogenized culture. It is pretty boring and can restrict different points of view and reduce levels of acceptance within a society. There's also a lot pressure to confirm and you may even be cast out of you don't.

However, in countries like Japan it seems to work overall for them. People can make all of the bigot, Storm front jokes they want but I don't see people shitting on the Japanese. It is extremely safe in Japan and they operate like a well oiled machine over there. People have respect for one another and live with honor.

It's no surprise that you don't see public freak out videos originate from Japan.

That ship sailed a long time ago in the US.

There's plusses and minuses when it comes to a homogenized culture. It is pretty boring and can restrict different points of view and reduce levels of acceptance within a society. There's also a lot pressure to confirm and you may even be cast out of you don't.

However, in countries like Japan it seems to work overall for them. People can make all of the bigot, Storm front jokes they want but I don't see people shitting on the Japanese. It is extremely safe in Japan and they operate like a well oiled machine over there. People have respect for one another and live with honor.

It's no surprise that you don't see public freak out videos originate from Japan.
You don't see people shitting on the Japanese? How many mentions do you suppose I can find on Sherdog of how racist the Japanese are? Think it's under 100?

I think we’ll have to find a substitute for the apple pie

Try that in a small town, lad.

Amelia Simmons’ American Cookery, the first cookbook written by an American and published in America featured pumpkin pie in a form that we would recognize today. It's more American than apple pie and it's from a small town.

You don't see people shitting on the Japanese? How many mentions do you suppose I can find on Sherdog of how racist the Japanese are? Think it's under 100?
I haven't seen it in this thread, or in real life, otherwise I don't post enough in the War Room to even know. Thankfully.

Either way, my point still stands.

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better, there's already a homogenisation of global culture caused by a globalised market, global consumerism, global communications and global transportation.
Watch what happens as machine translation becomes accurate and instantaneous.
The printing press is given a lot of credit for the formation of modern nation-states, so what trajectory do you imagine for the information age?

The republicans are called bigots for wanting this, but I kind of agree with them on this matter despite having liberal views on other issues.

We can be a country of many races, but if those races don't unify towards a strong foundational culture and ethic, it will lead to Balkanization. This is how every large empire ultimately falls; they over expand and have too many conflicting cultures and ideas within it and eventually population and resources will begin dividing the people into various ethnic groups most often based on language and culture.

For this reason, there is nothing wrong with demanding every citizen of this country assimilate into a generic American culture.

It's not how all major empires fall. This is just a Romanised fantasy.

It's more important to have an overarching "umbrella" culture, but society has always had subgroups, subsections, and subcultures living happily beside one another.

The nature and visibility of that umbrella culture is an interesting debate, though.

The problem with White Americans is they have been beaten down by our media and academia over the last decades to hate themselves and to be ashamed for their race. It's strange for me to see. My stepson one told me he was ashamed of being White because of the destruction of Native American society and the slavery of Black Americans by European colonizers. I told him to not be ashamed because the Native Americans were killing each other for thousands of years before the Europeans arrived. I also told him that the Brown Ottomans had taken millions of White Europeans as slaves. Yet, to this day he feels ashamed. It's tragic stuff.

This is a fake story.

lol i love white nationalist fan fiction

how would you self govern to force conformity without violating the constitution?

Fair point. I just want us to be more united than we currently are. I don't see how that happens when you have conflicting cultures, languages, and loyalties living in the same area.

The republicans are called bigots for wanting this, but I kind of agree with them on this matter despite having liberal views on other issues?

We can be a country of many races, but if those races don't unify towards a strong foundational culture and ethic, it will lead to Balkanization. This is how every large empire ultimately falls; they over expand and have too many conflicting cultures and ideas within it and eventually population and resources will begin dividing the people into various ethnic groups most often based on language and culture.

For this reason, there is nothing wrong with demanding every citizen of this country assimilate into a generic American culture.
Which version of American culture?

Are you going to a common national standard and narrative included in all schools? Will you rename buildings and monuments to whatever fits your version? Are you going to cancel and ban anyone with a different idea than you?

I'm a conservative republican and a proud American. I believe in smaller government and local choices. What you suggest would be against everything I value. Because people should be proud to be america, but decide on on their own. It's the price of freedom.

Last edited:
The idea of assimilation is a four letter word these days.

My grandfather was a first generation citizen.
His mother came to the United States in the 30’s from Mexico. They had to speak English in the household, my great grandmother would not allow them to speak Spanish because “they weren’t in Mexico anymore.”

Although, I don’t think it’s necessary to quit speaking your native language. Their generation wanted to assimilate and were proud to be Americans and today the desire to assimilate isn’t there.

You can try and acclimate to the country you go to but there is only so much you can do if the people aren't able to accept your differences .

My family came from Italy , to work contribute and make an honest living. They weren't even aloud to walk down the street together , cops would stop them and make them separate . They'd get beat up, harassed , told to go back home. They weren't trying to make Canada Italy , outside of their own home, but were still met with hostility .

What your suggesting would be fantastic but 1 ) generally people are hostile to those who are different and 2) were bringing in people by the 10s of thousands that are so culturally different and don't want to accimilate.

Back