International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just what the world needs right now, more war.

Hopefully Israel shuts this shit down real quick. Also hoping the Palestine population doesn't suffer too greatly in the days after the war, as Israel tends to go a bit extreme sometimes.

They would need to enter Gaza which will not happen and if it will you will see lots of civilians dead. Shitty situation idd.

wow just saw it's 5000 rockets

Biden funded surprise attack*

wait ... if Israel declared war on Palestine is this a civil war?

It's idiotic. Reminds me of the Omagh bombing and how the IRA lost any support that was remaining at that time. They just fuced over their own people.

Hamas will solidfy their support in a war climate or their own people will want rid of them

The Omagh bombing was a dissident group (although the CIRA and the RIRA who did it would argue the provos were the real dissidents) and took place after peace was agreed. It’s a bad case to use given the UK authorities had every opportunity to stop it given the supplier of the car used was an informant and allegedly even had a tracker on it. Probably a good point actually given the mass protests during the last year of Israelis against the current government

Interesting point. I mean, when a bulldozer comes in and demolishes a street and uproots Palestinians with Jewish "settlers", it's not exactly newsworthy outside of maybe bits and pieces that people may read and say "oh well". So it's like a slow boil of the frog except it's kind of like not hopes that the frog doesn't realize it's boiling, it's so that the rest of the world doesn't realize it's boiling.

Better to fight on your feet than die on your knees

I've spent time in both Israel and Palestine. Let's just say I'll add it to my list of places I've been where I'm glad I went when I did. Ukraine probably being the next biggest shining example....

That being said, I was really surprised with Palestine. I think my expectation was so low, I thought it was going to be a complete dump with camps and shit. It's actually way nicer and more developed than I thought it would be. Jerusalem is perhaps the holiest city in the world, with three major religions sharing it. In peace time, it's truly a remarkable and wonderful place.

shush. Don’t tell anybody.

cant wait for the ukraine-style social media propaganda about which side is definitely winning and which side is definitely more barbaric.

Same shit every year. Boring and a huge shame for the country.

That being said, the people flying the Palestine flags and typing the hashtags out are pathetic sheep so I’d rather Israel just end this one day.

Yup, but now more overt and with more bombs.

And much more Israeli losses and Hamas and Palestinian resistance looking stronger than ever and Israelis paying a higher price for their arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back