Elections Jon Stewart to return to ‘The Daily Show’ as a host and executive producer

Don't think it's the presentation, I just rarely find American talk shows by comedians funny, and it's not my sort of political humour.
For that matter even local equivalents like "Planet America" aren't something I find funny, although generally more informative.
my political comedy is more Yes Minister, Utopia or The Thick of It. Plenty of cynicism and irony.

they need to get rid of that automated laughing shit that plays after every sentence he says. i never really understood why they always do that, not just for him but for basically every comedian.
If you’re talking about Stewart then it’s not automated. It’s the audience. The show is filmed in front of a live audience

that's always been a critisim of him though. He has always been accused of taking shot at both sides. Some people think he encourages nihilism toward the democratic process.

But it's like that Douche v Turd jokes from South Park anyway.
It was never even though before. The reboot appears much more fair and balanced.

It was never even though before. The reboot appears much more fair and balanced.
I'd argue both candidates are as easily rippable this time.

and in fairness he has always encouraged the voices of both sides

Last edited:
Why do you guys think Trump will win?
Well, he's currently up in the polls, for one, and is building support with demographics that are traditionally Democrat. Biden is also the least popular President of all time at this point, which I think is a big blind spot for Dems who are saying that Trump can't win because he's so hated. Kind of ignoring the current guy's popularity, and issues he's facing right now. The Israel/Palestine shit alone could fuck him, let alone the issues he's facing on the homeland, like immigration and the economy.

Of course this is all based on polling data, which can be highly inaccurate, but it's all we got to go on, and they currently don't look very good for Biden at the moment.

Well, he's currently up in the polls, for one, and is building support with demographics that are traditionally Democrat. Biden is also the least popular President of all time at this point, which I think is a big blind spot for Dems who are saying that Trump can't win because he's so hated. Kind of ignoring the current guy's popularity, and issues he's facing right now. The Israel/Palestine shit alone could fuck him, let alone the issues he's facing on the homeland, like immigration and the economy.

Of course this is all based on polling data, which can be highly inaccurate, but it's all we got to go on, and they currently don't look very good for Biden at the moment.
This isn't aimed at you because I don't know what you feel about the last election, but there are lots of people who think the Democrats either influenced or outright stole the election. It's just that if someone feels that way I don't know why they think the Dems wouldn't do it again.

the politicians aren't going to do shit unless the people make them, and the dumb American people don't know what to think unless someone spells it out for them?
<PlusJuan> "Politicians will give us the solutions!" *Politicians procede with status quo, offering no solutions*

"Fuck it, vote ____ no matter who"

"Thank you Jon Stewart, you lead the way"

I thought it was good.

As others have said, maybe a little too drawn out and too many dumb jokes.. but I liked the message and the points he made.

Unfortunately, Tucker obfuscated a lot of that "tour" he gave his viewers - he did a good job of breaking some of that down.

What's the solution to a hopelessly broken political system that provides Donald Trump and Joe Biden as a binary choice for voters? Twice, I might add.
Guillotine? Tea party? Third party write in? Trucker convoy? I dunno literally anything. Jon Stewart is not nobody.

This isn't aimed at you because I don't know what you feel about the last election, but there are lots of people who think the Democrats either influenced or outright stole the election. It's just that if someone feels that way I don't know why they think the Dems wouldn't do it again.
That guy bet that Trump would win in 2020 even though he was way behind in the polls right before the election. I think it's clear that he isn't really grounded in reality.

Guillotine? Tea party? Third party write in? Trucker convoy? I dunno literally anything. Jon Stewart is not nobody.
The first idea from authoritarians about how to address not liking the results of an election is murder.

The first idea from authoritarians about how to address not liking the results of an election is murder.
Only one of the things I listed was murder, they weren't listed in order, I'd prefer a peaceful revolution but a lot of idiots like you stand in the way telling everyone things are great. So there's lots of work to do.

But I wasn't suggesting anything, I was suggesting Jon Stewart suggest solutions and demonstrating how quickly it can be done by someone who doesn't get paid what he does. So.... that's everything then.

That guy bet that Trump would win in 2020 even though he was way behind in the polls right before the election. I think it's clear that he isn't really grounded in reality.
This guy bet that inflation wouldn't rise above 5%. I think it's clear that he isn't really grounded in reality.

Only one of the things I listed was murder, they weren't listed in order, I'd prefer a peaceful revolution but a lot of idiots like you stand in the way telling everyone things are great. So there's lots of work to do.

But I wasn't suggesting anything, I was suggesting Jon Stewart suggest solutions and demonstrating how quickly it can be done by someone who doesn't get paid what he does. So.... that's everything then.
What do you think is so bad about your life that murder is a defensible solution?

<mma4><36>

Back