• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Old school punk culture...

Punk culture here is a joke and I'm living in fucking punk rock "Shangri-La" in germany. Leipzig Connewitz and Berlin Rigaer Str.

People are against any systems, created their own and, stick to those rules and are afraid to step outisden and be in any conflict with that system theycreated and their social circle.

Lame, boring, german. I prefer fucking jazz people from eastern block. That's real punkrock/freedom. No buttoned and patched up leather jackets needed.

God I always hated blatz. That chick is so shrill.
For me the band was chaotic and very anti-establishment. Thats what I wanted to hear at the time!
There were no rules and no one cared if a woman was blasting out lyric's vs a guy .

Real old school punk rock. Before my time. I liked the music though

Not sure if I remember this correctly. But I grew up in London in the 90s and as a kid I remember the punk culture.

They would hang out by the arcade corners, they had dumbbells and wrist curls and other exercise equipments.

They were either skinny or built. Now ideally the punk culture had lots of drug users but I always heard there was a subculture within that exercised and coveted toughness and survival by knowing how to fight.

The only thing I remember 8 years old in the mid 90s was this tall dude with orange mohawk ans looked like Lee Maurry in a sense or being imposing. He was the leader of the group. But the group would literally train outside in the alleys. I can't tell if this was real or not but felt like a different world.
Whoa.. so you met Dan Hardy?

dan-hardy-from-nottingham-uk-ufc-120-ultimate-fighting-championships-D0CMC8.jpg

Anyone remember the wholesome Mosh Pits?
When you got trucked by someone twice your size and were 10 years older than you and picked you up and hugged you and sent you on your way.

Anyone remember the wholesome Mosh Pits?
When you got trucked by someone twice your size and were 10 years older than you and picked you up and hugged you and sent you on your way.

I remember mosh pits, but they weren't what I would call wholesome. They were fun, and they were a bit violent.

Not sure if I remember this correctly. But I grew up in London in the 90s and as a kid I remember the punk culture.

They would hang out by the arcade corners, they had dumbbells and wrist curls and other exercise equipments.

They were either skinny or built. Now ideally the punk culture had lots of drug users but I always heard there was a subculture within that exercised and coveted toughness and survival by knowing how to fight.

The only thing I remember 8 years old in the mid 90s was this tall dude with orange mohawk ans looked like Lee Maurry in a sense or being imposing. He was the leader of the group. But the group would literally train outside in the alleys. I can't tell if this was real or not but felt like a different world.
Could've sworn old school punk was from the 70's. 90's is like decade 3 of punk.

Punk culture is kinda mainstream now.
To the point where the dumb woke new punk folks criticize old school punk as bad because of their freedom of speech and saying anything they wanted.

Chick from paramour coming out 15 years later and calling Fat Mike sexist was comedy to me.

The fact that folks want political correctness in punk now is peak humor

In the Bay Area it was the Punks vs the Metal Heads in the early days. I was too young for that scene, but have always been a Metal Head. Nowadays that rivalry is gone and they both respect each other and there is a good amount of crossover.
There is a huge Mexican metal scene where Im at (we used to call them satanic Hispanics). While we never hung with them, if they had a problem we would help them out and vice versa. Respect

To TS local shows and that scene are like Disneyland compared to the level of violence of how it used to be in the 90’s. Even back in the day hippy/crusty/vegen punx would throw down because they had no choice, now they probably all pee sitting down.

Punk culture is kinda mainstream now.
To the point where the dumb woke new punk folks criticize old school punk as bad because of their freedom of speech and saying anything they wanted.

Chick from paramour coming out 15 years later and calling Fat Mike sexist was comedy to me.

The fact that folks want political correctness in punk now is peak humor
Complaining about punk being a woke us like complaining x-men is woke you have always missed the point

Gonna find you hits different as an adult ...lol.

That album was my first true love and it had a huge impact on my tastes. I still to this day listen to a lot of old classic punk ska in my playlist. I don't think a day goes by where I don't hear some op ivy.
Like your AV and like your taste in old school pop punk.
I for sure laid on my back listening to Operation Ivy contemplating my existence.

Complaining about punk being a woke us like complaining x-men is woke you have always missed the point
The point of punk always was anti mainstream, anti establishment. Saying whatever you wanted and not giving a fuck. Non conformity to pressure to fall in line with majority morality.

These idiots claiming mosh pits are sexist and ableist because they prevent more fragile girls and disabled people from being front and center at shows, demanding pits be moved to the back corners are fucking retards

The point of punk always was anti mainstream, anti establishment. Saying whatever you wanted and not giving a fuck. Non conformity to pressure to fall in line with majority morality.

These idiots claiming mosh pits are sexist and ableist because they prevent more fragile girls and disabled people from being front and center at shows, demanding pits be moved to the back corners are fucking retards
Point of punk was to to think outside the mainstream not be anti mainstream just for the point of being anti mainstream.

And who cares about mosh pits? Certain punk bands have complained about mosh pits from the get go.

Actually trying to put a definition on punk is anti punk.
So you’re already at a losing battle when you do that.

Back