News Joshua vs Ngannou Official March 8th Saudi Arabia

Solid card?

• Total voters
I know this is the UFC forum, but if you're like me you don't ever go into the boxing forum. Francis vs Joshua is this Friday in case anyone doesn't know. The open workouts are right now btw. I'm extremely excited for this fight.

Also Zhang vs Parker is a hell of a co-main.

Watching now bro, thanks for the link

<RomeroSalute>

He's so much bigger and thicker than ever now, it's crazy. Lol, the optimum weight would probably be in the 250 lb rage, he's 270 lbs plus right now. Ha
The contrast of this, compared to what has happened to Jones physique in the same time time is wild.

As Saudi Arabia enters the next phase of its mission to resurrect boxing’s past glory, the stage is set for a collision of heavyweight combat sports stars: Francis Ngannou and Anthony Joshua. The ranked heavyweight boxers are set to headline the “Knockout Chaos” event set to go down on Friday at the Kingdom Arena in Riyadh. The weight of expectation is heavy on Ngannou’s shoulders following an exemplary showcase against Tyson Fury in his maiden boxing assignment in 2023. Distinguished for his ironclad perseverance, Professional Fighters League's Ngannou will be looking forward to elevating the standard from the last effort against Fury.

Ngannou strides into the ring with an aura of invincibility and pledges in the promotional videos of the fight to test Joshua’s chin. He embraces his role as a harbinger of destruction, evident by the knockdown he landed on Fury in the previous encounter. Meanwhile, Joshua has fine-tuned his tactical skills in his last three fights and injected vigor into his career, rattling off victories over the likes of Jermaine Franklin, Robert Helenius and Otto Wallin. He approaches the upcoming clash with a singular focus: Make a resounding statement against Ngannou and lock horns with the Fury-Oleksandr Usyk winner despite a locked-in two-fight deal between them.

With the prelude laid for a battle of brute force and tactical acumen between Ngannou and Joshua, a look at some of the statistical intricacies from their individual sports that offer a more thorough preview of the impending showdown:

12: Ngannou remains tied for the seventh spot on the UFC’s heavyweight wins list with 12.

11: Ngannou still ranks third on the UFC’s heavyweight list for most finishes with 11.

10: Ngannou is second all-time in UFC heavyweight victories by knockout or technical knockout with 10.

6: He currently shares fifth place on the UFC heavyweight leaderboard for the longest winning streak, having secured victory in six consecutive bouts twice in the organization.

11: In 20 professional fights, Ngannou has a record 11 first-round finishes.

41: Ngannou also boasts a 41% striking accuracy, according to UFC stats.

27: Among his 27 professional boxing triumphs, Joshua has clinched 24 victories by way of knockout or technical knockout.

89: Joshua has demonstrated an 89% finish rate in his professional career.

22: Joshua remained undefeated in 22 fights after embarking on his professional journey. A shocking June 2019 defeat to Andy Ruiz Jr. ended his unbeaten run.

This is s great vid, even if you don't have 35 mins, you should just make 35 mins available it's worth it :)

A lot of back story, his story, current training stuff, assessment of Joshua etc as well as stuff about UFC fighters he has trained (and beef with Strickland lol).

Best interview I have seen in a long time. The whole thing genuine and entertaining as hell. If you're not a fan of Dewey Cooper by the end of it then you have real problems lol.

*do skip first 1 minute 20 seconds
*this is the first interview with True Geordie I have seen, he does well. Lets Dewey talk, engages and guides it well.

Thx for the link @Poirierfan

<RomeroSalute>

Lol, when Nate boxes it's in the UFC forum too, same with Perry, Silva, Tito etc etc.

And no, I won't suck your dick, I don't know where you live. Now get out if you're gonna keep being pissy.
I don't care about the thread and the forum it's in, but if I give you my address, will you...ehhh... you know???

Asking for a friend.
<6>

to me that's smart. his gas tank is not built for doing a lot of attacking. he has big power and decent timing which all favors a counter punching style. if he catches Joshua like he did Fury, the fight might be over.
It is sort of smart, he covered more rounds than I expected, but his output was very low. He has a tank chin and power, which is his strengths, but also could be used more if he can get in there and aggressive. If people know he's going to sit back for counters they will fly piece him up on the outside without a change in gameplan. I just don't think his level of counterpunching is there to be that much of a threat to sit back and wait.

I tend to think this is going to be the reality check.

Fury came in fat and lazy.

Joshua
A) wouldn't make that mistake, he takes his career seriously and is a more responsible human
B) saw Fury fuck up and will double down on A

Gambling folk, possible opportunity in a skewed line of people betting with their FEELINGS instead of their brains on this one.

Big cope.

Fury came in at the same exact weight he was at when he melted Wilder.

Don't build your hopes up too high

Fury is overrated since his comeback, going life and death with a limited wilder in 2 of 3 fights

Fury is also notorious for fighting down to his opponents level, Ali was quite similar in that regard

Joshua is a real professional and he won't need to impose his size and try and clinch like Fury, as that would play into Francis game

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Joshua plays it safe early, racks up the rounds and maybe goes for a stoppage late if Ngannou tires

Hopefully Ngannou can hit and hurt Aj early, to bring back the doubts he was having in recent fights. If Ngannou drops Aj hard? He can finish him

Also, just to add Joshua looks in amazing shape. He is taking it way more seriously than Fury and he punches much harder with better combinations

I'm not optimistic, but fingers crossed Francis puts it on him
When has Joshua not looked in shape though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back