Francis going southpaw cost him the Joshua fight and lead to the KO. Why did he do it? Francis gifted Joshua the win

Styles make fights and Joshua has legitimate KO power. Fury could not stop Francis like that.

Joshua and his power should have been respected look what Joshua did to the dude before Francis.
Fury didn’t really land power punches. If he did Francis would’ve been knocked out too, look how fury slept wilder

He was not fully recovered he got dropped like a sack of potatoes and it ruined his confidence he stopped feints and changing levels.
He was. His legs were under him fully and his head was clear. Go back and actually watch the fight. You're just looking for excuses here. Francis would've been KO'd whether he ever switched southpaw or not. He doesn't even move his head, is highly predictable, and AJ is levels above him in skill with the athleticism to match. Did you see Francis opening his mouth whenever a punch would come in? That's how you get knocked out.

Will boxing fans be on suicide watch
few-moments-later-vector-text-illustration-set-background-sponge-cartoon_675400-140.jpg

Facts. Joshua got lucky

{<jordan}

I also picked Joshua but Francis got destroyed so early because he went southpaw.
He got destroyed because he was fighting a boxer who wanted to wreck him rather than carry him. Francis was never going to win that fight. If Tyson rematches him and doesn't show up looking like the broodmother from Dragon Age, Francis won't win that one either.

And it doesn't matter because his career in boxing is over. His career as a whole might be over too. People do not understand how much that fight cost him. If he goes back in any sooner than a year he'll go out the next time someone taps his forehead. By the time he's healthy enough to fight he'll be close to 40 and he will still be an amateur in boxing.

This is why some people didn't want him to do this. It's not because we hate him, it's because we wanted to see him shine. He could have had an epic trilogy with Stipe, or go against Jones. Or hell even if you want to stick it to Dana, which I'd understand, he could have fought in the PFL and been HW Champ there easily.

But he didn't do any of that. And now people are just taking their pot shots at him. And it's kind of because of this:
Ngonenow.png

He got destroyed because he was fighting a boxer who wanted to wreck him rather than carry him. Francis was never going to win that fight. If Tyson rematches him and doesn't show up looking like the broodmother from Dragon Age, Francis won't win that one either.

And it doesn't matter because his career in boxing is over. His career as a whole might be over too. People do not understand how much that fight cost him. If he goes back in any sooner than a year he'll go out the next time someone taps his forehead. By the time he's healthy enough to fight he'll be close to 40 and he will still be an amateur in boxing.

This is why some people didn't want him to do this. It's not because we hate him, it's because we wanted to see him shine. He could have had an epic trilogy with Stipe, or go against Jones. Or hell even if you want to stick it to Dana, which I'd understand, he could have fought in the PFL and been HW Champ there easily.

But he didn't do any of that. And now people are just taking their pot shots at him. And it's kind of because of this:
View attachment 1034203
It always could've been worse.
1.gif

I mentioned that, why did he do it? It looks cool, same reason a lot of guys do it and they get their asses handed to them. Lomachenko was it? who was doing a lot of that in the last few years? Whoever it was, to do it well is a rarity and not everyone can do it, and like I said in the other thread, Marvelous Marvin Hagler, the best switch hitter ever, warned people that it's something that he spent a lot of time in the gym practicing, he didn't just decide to do it midfight. It's stupid, some fighters can do it well but they are very few, they say Duran and Tyson would switch to southpaw, we know about Hagler but not too many do it well, if you can't do it, don't try it.

fury can fight pretty well out of a southpaw stance. He fought whole fights southpaw and boxed really well. I can’t think of any other current HWs that Regularly switch and fight in they’d opposite stance. Dillian Whyte decided to fight southpaw against fury, which imo was a fuckin stupid Game Plan. I couldn’t believe what I eas watching! He took away his best offensive tools (jab and short left hook) so how was he gonna win the fight.

As you say very few fighters can fight well out of their opposite stance. You can’t get to that level of competency in a training camp or 2, it takes year’s at least

Last edited:
fury can fight pretty well out of a southpaw stance. He fought whole fights southpaw and boxed really well. I can’t think of any other current HWs that Regularly switch and fight in they’d opposite stance. Dillian Whyte decided to fight southpaw against fury, which imo was a fuckin stupid Game Plan. I couldn’t believe what I eas watching! He took away his best offensive tools (jab and short left hook) so how was he gonna win the fight.

As you say very few fighters can fight well out of their opposite stance. You can’t get to that level of competency in a training camp or 2, it takes year’s at least
Fury can switch hit fairly well for a heavyweight. The two best active fighters I've seen regularly do it are probably Bud Crawford & Boots Ennis.

Okay, just let’s say that’s true, it’s really just another way of saying he lost because he has the fight IQ of pond life.

View attachment 1034203
While I agree with you about the boxing match and the resulting outcome (it was pretty much a certainty Joshua was getting the W) I don't necessarily think this is a career ender, or was even a bad move on Ngannou's part.

He was a successful mixed martial artist who rolled the dice on himself and won. He put up a good showing against Fury, and parlayed that into an even bigger boxing payday. If the Joshua match was a career ender, he went out on the biggest payday of his career. To be a boxing novice and land back to back fights against boxing's HW elite can not be considered a failure.

In my opinion, it wasn't even an embarrassment towards MMA in general. Anyone who knows boxing knew Joshua was going to come into this 100% prepared and wasn't going to use the match as a publicity push like Fury did. Put a boxer in the cage where he has to worry about takedowns, leg kicks and grappling, and I doubt it goes past the first round (in the MMA artist's favour). It is what it is. Did James Toney embarrass boxing when Couture schooled him? Fuck no he didn't.

I doubt Ngannou will want to go out like this, and I think this Joshua match will be taken as a serious eye-opener for Big Frank. If anything, this will push him back into the cage, and I could see him going for one or two more MMA fights before calling it quits.

While I agree with you about the boxing match and the resulting outcome (it was pretty much a certainty Joshua was getting the W) I don't necessarily think this is a career ender, or was even a bad move on Ngannou's part.

He was a successful mixed martial artist who rolled the dice on himself and won. He put up a good showing against Fury, and parlayed that into an even bigger boxing payday. If the Joshua match was a career ender, he went out on the biggest payday of his career. To be a boxing novice and land back to back fights against boxing's HW elite can not be considered a failure.

In my opinion, it wasn't even an embarrassment towards MMA in general. Anyone who knows boxing knew Joshua was going to come into this 100% prepared and wasn't going to use the match as a publicity push like Fury did. Put a boxer in the cage where he has to worry about takedowns, leg kicks and grappling, and I doubt it goes past the first round (in the MMA artist's favour). It is what it is. Did James Toney embarrass boxing when Couture schooled him? Fuck no he didn't.

I doubt Ngannou will want to go out like this, and I think this Joshua match will be taken as a serious eye-opener for Big Frank. If anything, this will push him back into the cage, and I could see him going for one or two more MMA fights before calling it quits.
I'd love to be wrong, I'm genuinely not concern trolling.

No no no…
Francis started to do bad after he stopped shifting.

Popularized by GGG, shifting is essentially the boxing form of alchemy. If you can pull it off chances are you will not be beaten.

Francis was shifting for all of the first round… and AJ couldn’t touch him.
Some unskilled, unathletic, clumsy mma guy with a hint of shifting could not be touched.

2nd round comes and he stops….. and his fate was determined

Oh' yeah, that was definitely it. Had absolutely nothing to do with stepping into the ring with an elite boxer, while possessing amateur skills. No Sir! If only Ngannou hadn't switched stances...

He switched to southpaw because he couldn't deal with Joshua's range and his dipping down the constant biting on everything was getting painful to watch(probably for him too)

Idk if you saw second knockdown sequence, but joshua twice went up down and stepped and did nothing and both times ngannou threw out a meaningless jab. If u watch replay on that knockdown joshua let the punch hit him like Mayweather did too mcgregor.

He really didn't have a chance to last in any stance. Chin not sturdy enough by boxing standards.

He switched to southpaw because he couldn't deal with Joshua's range and his dipping down the constant biting on everything was getting painful to watch(probably for him too)

Idk if you saw second knockdown sequence, but joshua twice went up down and stepped and did nothing and both times ngannou threw out a meaningless jab. If u watch replay on that knockdown joshua let the punch hit him like Mayweather did too mcgregor.

He really didn't have a chance to last in any stance. Chin not sturdy enough by boxing standards.

Joshua was throwing that right hand full power before Francis had even fully extended the jab (which he fell short on). He set him up and timed him perfectly.

should also say, doubt it "costed him the win" he should have lost like that at some point in the fight (but that was true with Fury too) but switching southpaw tells the other guy that he wants to eat a straight right. I've seen guys switch a lot of times over the years, usually with no clear reason, maybe they're bored, maybe they just think it looks cool, whatever. It usually doesn't help, sometimes it seems to work for a moment and usually, the results aren't this disasterous but a guy with limited experience doing something that top guys can't do? Not a good idea.

Look at the greatest fighters to ever fight, most of them, I can't think of a single instance where Leonard, Ali, Robinson Louis switched stances. Some others like Duran was said to do the "fitzimmon's shift" and tyson apparently imitated it but those are still the exceptions. But gosh, don't it look cool? Like I told my buddy's kid who was hanging around some local euros who probably saw their hero doing it, I just told him it's not a good idea.

Back