Will Colby talk his way into another title shot?

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The UFC has sneakily moved him up a spot in the rankings to no 4 due to Burns losing. Usman's at middleweight now so it's really no 3. Let's say he fights and beats Wonderboy and sits out a year again. If Belal or Shavkat beat Leon he's right there and will start building heat with whoever the champion is.

Welterweight was a bit stagnant, but you now have so many people lining up for title shots now before Colby:
- Belal
- JDM
- Ian Garry
- MVP
- Shavkat
- Chimaev
- Makhachev

Could all look like worthy contenders by the end of 2024, if some haven't already fought for the belt by then

I think not he's had so many kicks at the can time to fight real contenders in his division.

Welterweight was a bit stagnant, but you now have so many people lining up for title shots now before Colby:
- Belal
- JDM
- Ian Garry
- MVP
- Shavkat
- Chimaev
- Makhachev

Could all look like worthy contenders by the end of 2024, if some haven't already fought for the belt by then
Colby deserves it more than all those guys. Let’s be fair here

If Shavkat fights and loses to JDM, obviously bump Colby up to #3 and give him a shot. Why should he bother fighting! It just makes sense.

I don't think so unless it's a last minute call up and Colby doesn't seem to jump at those opportunities in the past.

No way, 3 chances is all his talk can get him. Maybe if he takes out title contenders and other title contenders get out of the running.

The UFC has sneakily moved him up a spot in the rankings to no 4 due to Burns losing. Usman's at middleweight now so it's really no 3. Let's say he fights and beats Wonderboy and sits out a year again. If Belal or Shavkat beat Leon he's right there and will start building heat with whoever the champion is.
I mean, sure... But not without at least another win or two

We can reasonably expect (due to prior Colby precedent) that he'd get a title shot if he beats Ian Machado Garry, JDM, or even MVP (don't @ me, I believe that they'd use that as justification.
If Shavkat fights and loses to JDM, obviously bump Colby up to #3 and give him a shot. Why should he bother fighting! It just makes sense.
Again, due to prior precedent, I wouldn't be surprised.

Cant imagine it with how Dana criticized his last title shot performance

Once he said that, I knew Colbys days in title contention were over

His best shot would be a last mintue, last ditch effort to save a card by filling in for someone

Colby fights at ww when alot of people bigger than him fight at lightweight. I respect him for that. AND FLORIDA BROS REPRESENT UH UH......well except sucker punchers.

Back