Locked PWD 1159: Story Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wut da hell??? I never knew that!
@Pliny Pete
I got my start in live events and all that from my dad, it was his side business back in the day. He always took me along to whatever he had booked that weekend and at one his events he had booked Big Dust for autographs. Dusty lived close by and was probably a pretty cheap booking fee to just take pics with fans. I can't remember where we were exactly but I was in some little office with a tv and I had turned on Saturday night cause it was 6:05, baybay! About half way through the show, the door opens and the man himself, The American Dream, the Son of A Plumber, babbeh, sticks his head in the door.
"Excuse me, young fellah, but is Mr. Roll around heryah somewhereah?"
I stare in shock and just point in the direction I last saw my dad power walk off too. He thanked me and headed that way.

Now if you remember, Dusty was the color commentator for Saturday Night at the time. I'm 7 years old so I have no idea that this show is taped in advanced so I'm watching Dusty on TV and then Dusty walks into the very room I'm in! So there was a moment in time where I thought Dusty Rhodes was magic and could be in two places at one time.

I got my picture with him later and he signed an 8 x 10 for me. I have no memory of that part so I can't say if it was a cool experience or not. I've just seen the pic.

I honestly don't know why I haven't thought about that memory till yesterday and why it's never occurred to me to share. I guess because it was so brief. As I thought about it, I could remember how loud he was. That one sentence echoed in the office as if he was cutting a promo. He was naturally just that boisterous.

Last edited:
GK-SXkhWoAAD9lY

Sfill a goddesss

@Pliny Pete
I got my start in live events and all that from my dad, it was his side business back in the day. He always took me alone to whatever he had booked that weekend and at one his events he had booked Big Dust for autographs. Dusty lived close by and was probably a pretty cheap booking fee to just take pics with fans. I can't remember where we were exactly but I was in some little office with a tv and I had turned on Saturday night cause it was 6:05, baybay! About half way through the show, the door opens and the man himself, The American Dream, the Son of A Plumber, babbeh, sticks his head in the door.
"Excuse me, young fellah, but is Mr. Roll around heryah somewhereah?"
I stare in shock and just point in the direction I last saw my dad power walk off too. He thanked me and headed that way.

Now if you remember, Dusty was the color commentator for Saturday Night at the time. I'm 7 years old so I have no idea that this show is taped in advanced so I'm watching Dusty on TV and then Dusty walks into the very room I'm in! So there was a moment in time where I thought Dusty Rhodes was magic and could be in two places at one time.

I got my picture with him later and he signed an 8 x 10 for me. I have no memory of that part so I can't say if it was a cool experience or not. I've just seen the pic.

I honestly don't know why I haven't thought about that memory till yesterday and why it's never occurred to me to share. I guess because it was so brief. As I thought about it, I could remember how loud he was. That one sentence echoed in the office as if he was cutting a promo. He was naturally just that boisterous.

u been holdin out on us for over 10 yrs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back