I don’t want to be that guy but....

Justin was not going for a takedown lol. He ducks down heavily in all his fights, such as in the last Poirier fight or against Chandler. Max landed a lot of uppercuts too. Honestly surprised it's not capitalised on more often.

But yeh he was a little unlucky there. That was the first spinning kick Max threw and it was the only one that got him on the nose. It would have interesting to see Justin with better aerobic capacity. He was struggling to find Max and maybe he could have forced something if he could've breathed better. Whittman told him not to throw more than two or three punches at at time, but idk if that was because he knew his fighter's nose was busted or because that was always the gameplan (if the latter, the broken nose matters less).

it does suck that Justin was the deserving #1 contender and didn't get a shot. Great for the fans to see Max vs Jusin and great he got to fight Max, but he should have had a title shot. If Islam was more active (like Poatan or Volk) he could still maybe wait and get a title shot after Islam's next fight, but now he's gonna need a win. If they're giving Poirier a shot off a loss, I think Justin can get one within a year too.

I do think it would’ve been a different fight if Gaethje didn’t break his nose, that fight was over as soon as that happened. But Max fought a great fight despite that

That Holloway vs Gaethje fight was complete bs. This is coming from someone who loves both fighters, they true BMFs and legends of the sport already. I do think Holloway is still a bit too small for 155 and that fight didn't change much imo, somebody has to say it, with people going around calling it the greatest knock out of all time, sorry but no.

The fight was over at end of first round. Was watching with a few friends also and what happened in last second of that round literally ended that fight right there to be honest, we all knew it. Gaethjes nose was broken from an super unlucky collision. Last second of the round, Holloway threw that spinning back kick to body, and at same time he was throwing kick, gaethje was going for takedown and Holloways kick ended up colliding with gaethjes nose straight on full force. It was super unlucky, bad mistake from Gaethje sure, but super lucky for Holloway to be honest. Its not as if he threw a head kick that broke his nose intentionally, he literally threw a back kick that gaethje ended up running straight into, and boom broken nose.

Broken nose in a fight is probably the worst thing that can happen. Aside from obvious pain, you can't breathe through your nose anymore, all breathing through mouth, and you can imagine how that would be in high intensity fight, where cardio and breathing is everything.

It just sucks that we didn't get to see a proper fight, Gaethje was in survival mode just looking for big shots rest of fight, while Holloway just pot shotting him at distance running around, I think its crazy that Holloway couldn't even finish him after first round, he only finished him because he baited him into a 5 second brawl where all odds in his favour to be honest, Gaethje had no choice either and obviously he got knocked out. Hes warrior for sticking it through all the way.

That wasn't a BMF fight and worst part is because of that one moment and broken nose, Gaethje got screwed and hes not getting near title anymore either. After watching a handicapped Gaethje fight Holloway like that, I think 9 times out of 10, Gaethje gonna whoop his ass to be honest, I still love Max but hes a 145er, Poirier second fight showed it as well. If anything, Holloway truly blessed and he got lucky he didn't take more of a beating against guy like Gaethje, and just enough of it being called greatest knockout too, somebody gotta call out these things, no offense to nobody. Both BMFs still for sure, but damn, Gaethje got screwed.
So, basically what you're saying is gaethje lost in the end of the first round, right? "He broke his nose" maybe that's part of game. If Alex wouldn't hit Jamal I think jam would have won, right?

a bunch of washouts pointing to the ground and pretending to bang. zzz.

The biggest BMF in UFC history was
CM Punk
So bad, not good

You think Gaethje was trying panic wrestle right at the buzzer?

"Unlucky collision" with someone's foot that is threw a kick at you is quite a euphemism. He landed it more than once, and it's not even the first person he's landed it on. The "unlucky collision" with Max's fist at the end of the fight seemed to do more damage than the kick.

That Holloway vs Gaethje fight was complete bs. This is coming from someone who loves both fighters, they true BMFs and legends of the sport already. I do think Holloway is still a bit too small for 155 and that fight didn't change much imo, somebody has to say it, with people going around calling it the greatest knock out of all time, sorry but no.

The fight was over at end of first round. Was watching with a few friends also and what happened in last second of that round literally ended that fight right there to be honest, we all knew it. Gaethjes nose was broken from an super unlucky collision. Last second of the round, Holloway threw that spinning back kick to body, and at same time he was throwing kick, gaethje was going for takedown and Holloways kick ended up colliding with gaethjes nose straight on full force. It was super unlucky, bad mistake from Gaethje sure, but super lucky for Holloway to be honest. Its not as if he threw a head kick that broke his nose intentionally, he literally threw a back kick that gaethje ended up running straight into, and boom broken nose.

Broken nose in a fight is probably the worst thing that can happen. Aside from obvious pain, you can't breathe through your nose anymore, all breathing through mouth, and you can imagine how that would be in high intensity fight, where cardio and breathing is everything.

It just sucks that we didn't get to see a proper fight, Gaethje was in survival mode just looking for big shots rest of fight, while Holloway just pot shotting him at distance running around, I think its crazy that Holloway couldn't even finish him after first round, he only finished him because he baited him into a 5 second brawl where all odds in his favour to be honest, Gaethje had no choice either and obviously he got knocked out. Hes warrior for sticking it through all the way.

That wasn't a BMF fight and worst part is because of that one moment and broken nose, Gaethje got screwed and hes not getting near title anymore either. After watching a handicapped Gaethje fight Holloway like that, I think 9 times out of 10, Gaethje gonna whoop his ass to be honest, I still love Max but hes a 145er, Poirier second fight showed it as well. If anything, Holloway truly blessed and he got lucky he didn't take more of a beating against guy like Gaethje, and just enough of it being called greatest knockout too, somebody gotta call out these things, no offense to nobody. Both BMFs still for sure, but damn, Gaethje got screwed.
Sounds like everything you hate about this fight are things that happen in a fuckin fight LOL really? Mad at a broken nose? What the hell did you expect, a tea party? Jeez you must be the life of any party you go to LOL

Gaethje wasn't shooting a takedown, he was dipping while looking to land his right hand like he has a habit of doing and did it about 1 second prior to doing it again into the kick. Not saying Max was planning to hit his head, but he's thrown that kick his whole career and said after the fight he was onto Gaethje dipping down, so take that for w/e it's worth

You're right but its not as if Holloway threw kick to face that landed. He threw body kick that ended up landing straight to nose through circumstances. A bit of luck there no?

Then Justin shouldn't have fuckin ducked into ffs.
You guys' logic is ridiculous tbh.

Gaethje wasn't shooting a takedown, he was dipping while looking to land his right hand like he has a habit of doing and did it about 1 second prior to doing it again into the kick. Not saying Max was planning to hit his head, but he's thrown that kick his whole career and said after the fight he was onto Gaethje dipping down, so take that for w/e it's worth

Exactly sir, well stated.

Max threw the same kick multiple times in the fight and it was close to landing Everytime

I think it's something he studied and planned for

Obviously not to break his nose, but he knew Justin would be susceptible to it

Back