Your Most Awkward Jiu-Jitsu Situation

this thread makes me laugh, then cry... then laugh again, please let it never end.

Ray Elbe's (he is the owner of Tiger Muay Thai in Thailand) most awkward moment was caught on camera :)

Ray Elbe's (he is the owner of Tiger Muay Thai in Thailand) most awkward moment was caught on camera :)

oh is that the one where he throws up on the guy's head? i seen that its funny

It didn't happen to me but I did see it with my own eyes. At a local tournament one guy caught the other guy in a straight ankle lock, the guy taps out. Immediately after tapping he runs over to the score keeping table and throws up in the garbage bag they had there. The winner of the match goes over to help his opponent and holds the bag for him. The puking is too much for him and he begins to puke in the garbage bag too. I backed up and had images of the eating contest from "Stand By Me".

I was rolling with this chick and we were practicing technique and we were in north south position. I would rate the girl like a 6. Well, while i was on the bottom, she had her cooch on my face. She was wearing really loose shorts so her panties would show. But the worst part about it, it smelled unbelievable horrible. I had to hold me breath dude, it was disgusting. Smelled worse than most guys i train with.

My awkward moment just happened yesterday. This new guy came in our gym and it was his first class. I respect that he wants to learn and try all these things so I try to get him to work on the basics (Guard passing, holding side mount etc..). Well while I was rolling with him he was giggling his ass off like a little girl and kept saying this is so much fun. The so much fun part didn't disturb me, it was the fact that he kept giggling the whole time we were rolling me and he said that "this was fun" about 20 times. Very very weirded out by this kid.

I was rolling with this chick and we were practicing technique and we were in north south position. I would rate the girl like a 6. Well, while i was on the bottom, she had her cooch on my face. She was wearing really loose shorts so her panties would show. But the worst part about it, it smelled unbelievable horrible. I had to hold me breath dude, it was disgusting. Smelled worse than most guys i train with.

HAhahaha can't stop laughing.

i can see that being a little awkward. i actually help train some students who are full functioning autistic and i always see people initially get uncomfortable rolling with them at first but when you realize that (imo) all bjj should be about helping each other, you think less about how it would reflect on you and more about how to help the other person improve their game. that and some of these kids are brutally strong.
how do autistics do bjj? I believe they don't like being touched

I would've heal hooked the shit out of her like it was 1999! Just roll with her normal and go with the flow

My most awkward moment was letting out the most fowl protein fart every, after my training partner clinched too hard from double under pass. The funny thing about it was it was silent. It took just a couple of seconds and he instantly let go and walked away with a dissapointed look. It was the first fart I had every smelled that made me run away from myself, yea needless to say I won't be drinking anymore soy protein, fruit and spinach smoothies any time soon.

how do autistics do bjj? I believe they don't like being touched

lol, I think you watched too much "there's something about mary." My gf has an autistic cousin who wrestles and plays football. Then again, he's also pretty much outgrown autism. He's graduating high school and drives a truck and everything.

I posted this one a few weeks ago on here. It happened to another guy in our class, but it's been pretty awkward around this new kid ever since...

Anyhow, about a month ago we had a new kid start training with us. He's not very big, about 5'6" ish and probably 145 lbs. I'd guess that he's about 18 years old. I've rolled with him a few times and he's kinda spaztic, especially when he's pinned on the bottom, you can see him panic a little. We didn't think much of it since he was new and everyone was trying to help talk him through escapes and such while he rolled. So on Monday, we were working side control escapes. The last half of class we always drill what we've learned and then do some open mat rolling. When we went to rolling, this kid pairs up with another kid about his size, and they start to roll. The other kid, being more experienced relatively quickly passes his guard and mounts him. The new kid struggles for a few seconds, and then out of the blue reaches his head up and bites the other kid square on the nipple. We're talking about a full on intentional latching on to his nipple so hard that it left teeth marks from his bottom teeth. The other kid who is about as nice as they come screams and immediately stops rolling. The new kid says that it was an accident and that he did it on instinct. Anyhow, the whole ordeal was really awkward for everyone after the fact because no one wants to roll with him now. Then again the other day, two other guys were rolling and the new kid starts encouraging the guy on bottom to bite the guy on top and for the life of us, we couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

I posted this one a few weeks ago on here. It happened to another guy in our class, but it's been pretty awkward around this new kid ever since...

Anyhow, about a month ago we had a new kid start training with us. He's not very big, about 5'6" ish and probably 145 lbs. I'd guess that he's about 18 years old. I've rolled with him a few times and he's kinda spaztic, especially when he's pinned on the bottom, you can see him panic a little. We didn't think much of it since he was new and everyone was trying to help talk him through escapes and such while he rolled. So on Monday, we were working side control escapes. The last half of class we always drill what we've learned and then do some open mat rolling. When we went to rolling, this kid pairs up with another kid about his size, and they start to roll. The other kid, being more experienced relatively quickly passes his guard and mounts him. The new kid struggles for a few seconds, and then out of the blue reaches his head up and bites the other kid square on the nipple. We're talking about a full on intentional latching on to his nipple so hard that it left teeth marks from his bottom teeth. The other kid who is about as nice as they come screams and immediately stops rolling. The new kid says that it was an accident and that he did it on instinct. Anyhow, the whole ordeal was really awkward for everyone after the fact because no one wants to roll with him now. Then again the other day, two other guys were rolling and the new kid starts encouraging the guy on bottom to bite the guy on top and for the life of us, we couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

Yikes

The other day I was rolling with a guy who tends to sweat more than the average person. We're drilling a technique from the mount when all of a sudden a giant bead of sweat falls from his forhead directly in my eyeball.

I asked him to hold on a second, got up and wiped my eye but it really didn't matter, it went directly into my eyeball. It was pretty gross.

I rolled with a guy who was the hairiest guy I have ever seen a few years back. He had long greasy hair to go with it. When I took his back, he flipped over and I had head hair and neck hair in my face / mouth.

After the match I had back hair in my mouth piece.

I gagged a little.

HAHAHAHA, yeah. Its funny that every gym no matter what city still has the same guys.

1. Protein fart guy
2. Sweaty guy
4. Bad breath guy
5. Wait till everyones tired before you start rolling guy
6. 15 min late guy
7 Pre excuse guy

the list goes on and on and they are everywhere :p

Hahahaha Im the sweaty guy:redface:

during my MMA Class I took this guys back standing and I felt a fart coming on but I didn't know how bad it would be until I dropped down to his waist and lifted him.
It was probably the most LOUDEST fart in history.
It sounded like a machine gun if said machine gun had a squirrel voice.
Right after it happens everyone turns and looks at me and my partner just breaks out laughing.
and what was my response to such a mortifying experience?
"I got brain damage."
ALSO
i was rolling and me n my training partner both pull guard at the same time and almost knee eachother in the balls.

Last edited:
Back