Has anybody ever officially retired another fighter in the UFC?

What happened to that Jeremy Bullock guy? Was he paralyzed or something...and I have to ask but do you know by any chance if he's related to Sandra Bullock?

He got better and went back to teaching TKD and presumably watching the fights on television.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f6...y-bullock-after-he-got-slammed-fulton-423192/

When Travis "part time Nazi" Fulton feels bad and refuses to GNP you, despite the fact you just tried to humiliate him, you know you are pretty fucked up.

What happened to that Jeremy Bullock guy? Was he paralyzed or something...and I have to ask but do you know by any chance if he's related to Sandra Bullock?

He was fine, actually challenged Fulton to a rematch.

But would you really call.that retirement? In those days most fighters careers consisted of like 1-3 fights. Is that really something you van retire from? I mean in that case Royce "retired" lots of guys in the early UFC's.

Yeah but he could have, and he had many fights scheduled but kept getting injured in training. His retirement was unrelated to that fight.

I heard he stopped training altogether after that fight. He didn't fight again after all, so technically he did retire after that fight.

Hughes retired Renzo. had a six fight UFC contract, never took another offered fight after that TKO lost

Kos/Hughes. You could tell Matt still wanted to compete but age had really caught up to him at that point. Not to mention the fighters had become more well rounded since his time.

He was fine, actually challenged Fulton to a rematch.

But would you really call.that retirement? In those days most fighters careers consisted of like 1-3 fights. Is that really something you van retire from? I mean in that case Royce "retired" lots of guys in the early UFC's.

I believe he suffered 2 fractured vertebrae but his spinal cord wasn't severed. If it had been he'd have not even been able to write around or lift his arms after the slam. Broken vertebrae does not mean permanently being crippled. He likely had spinal fusion surgery to repair the damage which would mean limited flexion in his back and in turn disqualify him from being able to compete in MMA.

Sounds legit. Its the best account ive found on it anyways.

I didnt know he challenged Fulton to a rematch. Fulton gets a lot of shit, but i truly respect him for saying no to that one.

(Not going to relink it...)

Dude im no mod, but theres a difference between seemingly getting your back broken after coming in like charlie big spuds, and actually dying in the cage.

Dropping the handful of fatalities of real people in MMAs recent history, into a trivial thread seems a bit off.

Thats just how i see it, but there you go.

Sounds legit. Its the best account ive found on it anyways.

I didnt know he challenged Fulton to a rematch. Fulton gets a lot of shit, but i truly respect him for saying no to that one.

He didn't say no. He just kind of laughed. The promoters never took the challenge seriously. There are plenty of fighters with losing record that Travis has beaten multiple times.

He didn't say no. He just kind of laughed. The promoters never took the challenge seriously. There are plenty of fighters with losing record that Travis has beaten multiple times.

there's a few on his record where he beats a dude with a losing record, then fights him 2-3 more times in the next 6 months.. Fulton has the craziest MMA record ever.

Nick said "No Mas" after Georges thoroughly routed him.

Mitrione retired two fighters in his first two UFC fights.

Back