Official Women's MMA Discussion Thread #6

Go make the Official UFC wmma thread in the heavies. No one in this sub forum cares about zuffa.

Did you use this thread to talk about ultimate fighter? No because there is a separate sub forum for that. Just like you have a whole forum to discuss all ZUFFA wmma you want.

People like different things and when someone comes to Worldwide they dont want to read about ZUFFA non-stop.

But you're right I will stop coming. I will stop coming anywhere you post. Because I've never once read one of your retarded posts and learned anything.

does your bitching have no end?? lol

these threads have been getting made since before the UFC had a womens division, so posters still discuss UFC WMMA fighters. as I said earlier, just quit bitching and actually contribute.... or just dont visit these threads? choice is yours

Go make the Official UFC wmma thread in the heavies. No one in this sub forum cares about zuffa.

Did you use this thread to talk about ultimate fighter? No because there is a separate sub forum for that. Just like you have a whole forum to discuss all ZUFFA wmma you want.

People like different things and when someone comes to Worldwide they dont want to read about ZUFFA non-stop.

But you're right I will stop coming. I will stop coming anywhere you post. Because I've never once read one of your retarded posts and learned anything.

Ronda and the UFC's women's divisions are relevant to WMMA as a whole, not just within Zuffa itself. As seen by how successful the ratings were for women on TUF, that directly impacted topics in the worldwide WMMA discussion as it had the UFC move forward and sign Invicta's 115lb division.

Not to mention that this thread, in my opinion, has been one of the best places on the forum for intelligent conversation of WMMA as a whole.

You're kidding right?

You're posting in a WMMA thread after a major event that had a WMMA championship fight.

OF COURSE we'll be talking about Ronda/Meisha...

Have you looked at the other dozens of pages before this one? Non stop Invicta and other smaller org WMMA fights are covered.

You seem to be the only one crying about it (and ignoring all the pages recently about Lena losing, debating weight classes, news about JAG's next fight, the Jungle Fight KO and more)

Who the frack is cybernetics and why is he barging in here, barking loudly as if he represents people who have actually contributed to this thread?!

Just STFU and GTFO, you R-tard!

The UFC women's division still gets discussed here because

1) It pertains to WMMA as a whole, which is the thread topic.
2) Sometimes its nice to have an intelligent discussion about WMMA (including in the UFC) instead of fending off trolls which every thread in the heavies about WMMA inevitably turns into.

Funny how someone who hasn't even been here for two months is telling everyone else whose been posting here for much longer how these threads work.

i like checking things out in here. lots of good posters, and interesting information.

Who the frack is cybernetics and why is he barging in here, barking loudly as if he represents people who have actually contributed to this thread?!

I assume he is one of those retards from Global-MMA who ardently believe that Zuffa really is the 'evil empire' and have made it their mission in life to tilt against that particular windmill.

415: The number of pro WMMA fights this year. This number is up from 285 from last year; a 69% increase. In terms of who had the most, Invicta had a total of 45 fighters leading the pack, followed by DEEP-JEWELS/DEEP/JEWELS with 30. Of the other major promotions, UFC had 13, Cage Warriors 10, Storm Damage 7 (they held a one night tournament), and XFC 6.

181: Number of pro debuters this year. Only 41% won their first fight as a professional, with 31 of the fights with both fighters debuting.

163: Number of first round finishes. The number by itself beats out the number of unanimous decision (123) and split decisions (22) combined. Round 2 had the second most finishes with 59, and the third round saw 30.

112: The number of flyweight matches this year, the most of any division. We rounded up for all the catchweight matches. The strawweights are second at 97, with bantamweight taking the third spot with 93. The rest of the weights

Thanks Leek.

My favorite numbers:

163: Number of first round finishes. The number by itself beats out the number of unanimous decision (123) and split decisions (22) combined. Round 2 had the second most finishes with 59, and the third round saw 30.
I love it.

Even outside of the finishes, I can guarantee a large portion of those fights that went to a decision were barn burners, if not just overall fairly entertaining. (read: Leslie Smith-esque)

181: Number of pro debuters this year. Only 41% won their first fight as a professional, with 31 of the fights with both fighters debuting.
IMO, this is my absolute favorite stat.

That's a lot of pro women fighters debuting, which means more women are getting interested, which means a bigger talent pool, which means better fights.

Great set of stats, Leek.

And I agree with everything Taichou has added here...except he seems to be a fan of Lena "The Dirty Streetfighter" Ovchynnikova.:)

I just got back from my vacation and haven`t checked in on Sherdog for 10 days or so. I thought there would be more buzz on this thread about: A) WSOF going all out to make a women`s division and signing fighters that should have signed with Invicta! B)Why don`t we know anything about Invicta 8 yet? C) The two awesome women`s bouts (finally) added to the UFC schedule D) The recent re-emergence of Sara McMann.

Jarl

Thanks for the stats!

112: The number of flyweight matches this year, the most of any division. We rounded up for all the catchweight matches. The strawweights are second at 97, with bantamweight taking the third spot with 93. The rest of the weights – featherweight (60), atomweight (43), lightweight (5), middleweight (3), heavyweight (2), and welterweight (1).

Interesting stuff. Only 43 atomweight fights...

Last edited:
112: The number of flyweight matches this year, the most of any division. We rounded up for all the catchweight matches. The strawweights are second at 97, with bantamweight taking the third spot with 93. The rest of the weights – featherweight (60), atomweight (43), lightweight (5), middleweight (3), heavyweight (2), and welterweight (1).

Ironically, flyweight has been the opposite in terms of fights for Invicta. Invicta FC had 3 flyweight (125) matches at IFC 7 to bring flyweight up to tie for last in number of matches (12) with Featherweight (145).

Last edited:
I'm tempted to go to the Heavies with that stat on finishes.
Great set of stats, Leek.

And I agree with everything Taichou has added here...except he seems to be a fan of Lena "The Dirty Streetfighter" Ovchynnikova.:)
Honestly, I really only like her because she's hot.

If she looked ogreish, I would look at her as nothing but a can crushing stepping stone for my real favorite, Jojo Calderwood.

Ironically, flyweight has been the opposite in terms of fights for Invicta. Invicta FC had 3 flyweight (125) matches at IFC 7 to bring flyweight up to tie for last in number of matches (12) with Featherweight (145).
Yeah, I think that's what threw me off.

Since I only watch Invicta for my WMMA fix, it seemed to me that SW had FLW beat in terms of fights.

Honestly, I really only like her because she's hot.

If she looked ogreish, I would look at her as nothing but a can crushing stepping stone for my real favorite, Jojo Calderwood.
That leads to the question: What if Jojo looked ogreish?

Back