custom winning gear.

Green1 how come there's a seam in the middle of your headgear? Did you ask for an older model ?

Green1 how come there's a seam in the middle of your headgear? Did you ask for an older model ?

Nope, no idea.

It seems to have the current ear guard style, not really sure of the other differences? Will check the weight at some point.

They might just have multiple patterns at the factory and the dude on the floor randomly picks one or multiple machines which run at the same time. It is a LL

Thanks for that makedansure> I will try it out

Last edited:
Sorry for taking so long to review the gloves but I wanted to break them in before I did the write up.

I purchased the gloves from Steve Mitani and for being my 1st purchase through him I wish that I would have known about him earlier! I spent lots of extra money going through Winning USA for no reason. Steve was quick and the whole process was simple.

As for the gloves, they are made extremely well like any other winning product. Since they are a special color the glove is made of genuine leather so it took me a few weeks to break it in as the gloves were stiff at 1st. The padding is also very good in these gloves, I'd say just slightly less than the 8oz winning fight gloves, I would recommend still wrapping your hands as my knuckles were bruised when I used it without a wrap. What I really like about these gloves is the freedom I have with my thumbs as I am able to grasp things much easier than regular gloves. I can lift a water bottle with ease and take off the cap with no problem, this is why I initially wanted these gloves for the ease of use with my hands due to the exposed thumbs. Also, being the thumbs are exposed I accidently jammed one when throwing a hook at the bag so just be careful to make sure your thumbs are tucked in nice and tight when punching. Overall, I would recommend these as they are definitely the best bag gloves that I have used, I love the padding as most bag gloves have little to no protection. Hope this review helps!

What other bag gloves have you used? Do you think Winnings are worth their price?

I'll post pics, but I ordered from the "other" Rakuten site.

They were very, very quick with communication and very clear. They did pretty much everything that Steve has been described as doing. Even special requests....

I got a pair of blue 12 oz gloves with free screenprinting on both pairs of gloves. The ONLY complaint I had was the fact that it took a month, either because of screenprinting or because the weren't in stock.

Regardless, if you want to have customs ordered, I assume they'd take the same amount of time as Steve Mitani, and shipping was ridiculously fast. They shipped four days ago, arrived at customs the next day, cleared the next day, and came today....

They were very, very quick with communication and very clear. They did pretty much everything that Steve has been described as doing. Even special requests....

I got a pair of blue 12 oz gloves with free screenprinting on both pairs of gloves. The ONLY complaint I had was the fact that it took a month, either because of screenprinting or because the weren't in stock.

Regardless, if you want to have customs ordered, I assume they'd take the same amount of time as Steve Mitani, and shipping was ridiculously fast. They shipped four days ago, arrived at customs the next day, cleared the next day, and came today....

I also ordered from Koubudo and it's been about a month. I just got an email yesterday saying the gloves shipped so they should be here by Wednesday or Thursday. I assume it took so long because the gloves were out of stock. About a week ago I wrote them and asked if there was an ETA for the gloves and they wrote me back very quickly and said early August. I also think they're cheaper overall than America-Ya because they don't charge a handling fee.

I also ordered from Koubudo and it's been about a month. I just got an email yesterday saying the gloves shipped so they should be here by Wednesday or Thursday. I assume it took so long because the gloves were out of stock. About a week ago I wrote them and asked if there was an ETA for the gloves and they wrote me back very quickly and said early August. I also think they're cheaper overall than America-Ya because they don't charge a handling fee.

exactly my situation. The gloves came today - total 3 days to California. And that was over the weekend. No handling fee, and they were great with the service.

Did you get screenprinting?

exactly my situation. The gloves came today - total 3 days to California. And that was over the weekend. No handling fee, and they were great with the service.

Did you get screenprinting?

Yeah, I had my last name printed on there. I'm pobably going to order the FG-5000 and a cup with screen printing from them in the near future.

What other bag gloves have you used? Do you think Winnings are worth their price?

I have used several different brands from Ringside, Everlast, Lonsdale etc...I just finished 8 rounds tonight and the gloves felt extremely comfortable. These gloves actually feel better than the 12 Oz Fighting brand gloves that I used prior, the padding is great especially for an old school style bag gloves. IMO winnings are worth their weight in gold! I first learned about the brand when a professional fighter of mine had hand problems, he was heavy handed had 3 hand surgeries and winnings were the only gloves that saved his hands in competition and in training.

What is the "other" site that you are talking about?

Hi,

Ordered several pairs of gloves and mitts from Koubudo without any issues over the last year. I really like this store.

Do a search in Google and you can see (panoramic) pics of the place.

Kind rgds,
RG

Hi,

Ordered several pairs of gloves and mitts from Koubudo without any issues over the last year. I really like this store.

Do a search in Google and you can see (panoramic) pics of the place.

Kind rgds,
RG

+1 I ordered from Koubudo too, without any issues. He reply all my emails very fast.

Kind regards

Anyone here with fg2900 half dark green half black ?Would really like to see that combination.

Got my order from Koubudo the other day. They shipped on August 4th and got here(Oregon)on the 7th. I'm very happy with the service from Koubudo, I got a pair of MS-600 with screen printing all for $280 shipped.

Got my order from Koubudo the other day. They shipped on August 4th and got here(Oregon)on the 7th. I'm very happy with the service from Koubudo, I got a pair of MS-600 with screen printing all for $280 shipped.

damn thats a good price.

It is, and I just looked at my bank statement and it was even cheaper, $272.31.

Including shipping to the US?

On a side note, I just bought a white Winning groin protector from Japan for $135 shipped, though I'm guessing I'll get hit by customs.

Including shipping to the US?

On a side note, I just bought a white Winning groin protector from Japan for $135 shipped, though I'm guessing I'll get hit by customs.

where did you buy that?

Back