‘Super racist’ pool safety poster prompts Red Cross apology

The kid diving is "not cool" because he's diving too close to someone already in the water instead of waiting for her to get out of the way.

Not sure about the other kid, unless he's swimming too soon after eating and that face is him cramping up.

I guess I can see that, would be clearer if they were a bit closer together.

Eh it looks 50 years old anyway.

Also wtf is with the not cool for diving from a diving board or the kid with the weird facial expression doing nothing?

I'm assuming they need to wait for the person to get out if the area before jumping in.

The other looks like he is possibly dunking soneone.

Words mean something. Saying something is "super racist," when it is at worst, unfortunate or somewhat insensitive, is the type of exaggerating that distracts from real racism. The word "racist" has lost so much of its bite. Being accused of racism is literally one of the worst things someone can be accused of, yet it is so commonplace, and is so often erroneously shouted that it has almost no meaning anymore.

Last edited:
Eh it looks 50 years old anyway.

Also wtf is with the not cool for diving from a diving board or the kid with the weird facial expression doing nothing?

You're not supposed to dive head first into a public pool. They don't trust that you know what you're doing and won't end up crippling yourself, given the depth of public pools is usually 6 feet or so at best. They're for you to do cannonballs off of.

I'm assuming they need to wait for the person to get out if the area before jumping in.

That's possible, too. Though at the few pools in the area I grew up in, we weren't allowed to do legit dives.

We Real Cool

Who measured the distance from the planets
Right down to your big blue spinning world
And heartbeats and tears and nervous laughter

Be coo'. Don't push peoples in da poo'.

Land of the sensitive and home of the offended:rolleyes: Talk about stupid. I don't know what is worse, the fact that this is actually news, or that there are people that are actually offended by this.

RED%20CROSS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...pool-safety-poster-prompts-red-cross-apology/
I'm shocked no one's up in arms about the following Progressive Insurance TV commerical...a black man being dragged by a vehicle...

maybe the real racists are those who noticed something wrong with the poster?

When I see "super racist" I'm reminded of Hitler from Wolfenstein 3d and his dual miniguns.

Possibly, seems like a stretch though.

You're not supposed to dive head first into a public pool. They don't trust that you know what you're doing and won't end up crippling yourself, given the depth of public pools is usually 6 feet or so at best. They're for you to do cannonballs off of.

That's possible, too. Though at the few pools in the area I grew up in, we weren't allowed to do legit dives.

I worked as a lifeguard at a pool and they didn't allow diving from the blocks because of this bs. 1.8m pool.

We actually got rid of the blocks because people would take apart the signs we had on them and dive off them. Fucking stupid entitled public.

I'm going to be honest, I looked at the pic first before reading the OP, and struggled to find what was wrong for a few seconds before giving up and reading the OP.

From the title, I was expecting something like segregated sides of the pool.

It was purposely made to make minorities look bad...perhaps it was subconscious but that poster is 100%, insensitive.

Kids are really, really impressionable. They will see this poster, on top of their parts cost rants and think that minorities are bad since this poster shows that this validating all the racist rhetoric they hear from their parents,media,utube comments,forums.

So I'm glad they took it off, just because it doesn't fool us, that doesn't mean it won't make kid get racist thoughts.

You are seriously becoming the worst poster on this board.

Words mean something. Saying something is "super racist," when it is at worst, unfortunate or somewhat insensitive, is the type of exaggerating that distracts from real racism. The word "racist" has lost so much of its bite. Being accused of racism is literally one of the worst things someone can be accused of, yet it is so commonplace, and is so often erroneously shouted that it has almost no meaning anymore.
I got called a racist once, and everyone will get a kick out of this, for throwing a black dude out of a bar, after he tried to punch me... Seriously, he called me a "racist ass *insertChineseslurhere* (I'm half Japanese and look Samoan almost) *englishslangforcigarette* fucker."

My response 5-6 years ago would have been to beat him senseless, that night "your point?". No one cares anymore if they're called racist because you could be at a cookout with friends and happen to offer a friend of a friend of a friend who happens to be black a piece of fried chicken (because guess what, that's what was the main course) and they'll call you racist...

Back