“Rock ‘n’ Roll” HOF is a sham

Have they inducted Nicki Minaj yet? She’s kinda a big deal yanno
I’ve visited and was ok with it until they started inducting rappers. Pretty soon I wouldn’t be surprised if they inducted Nicki Minaj because rock music isn’t as big in the public eye anymore. And they’re not gonna slow down their inductions because $$$. Which you could argue goes against whole spirit of rock and roll. Johnny Rotten called the place a piss stain and I might agree with him now

I only learned about Roxy Music when 10,000 Maniacs covered More Than This. Really cool song. The crime here is Def Leppard not being there being basically the anthem band of 80's pop rock.

Roxy Music should be in even if the only song they ever did was Mother of Pearl.

I dont even like def leppard at all and concede they should've been in like 20 years ago.

Roxy Music should be in even if the only song they ever did was Mother of Pearl.

I dont even like def leppard at all and concede they should've been in like 20 years ago.
Roxy Music should be in because like Bowie, they were the godfathers of post punk and new wave. They had a big influence on the Smiths, Cure, Depeche Mode, U2, Duran Duran etc. Even Def Leppard had paid homage to the two on their Rocket video

https://www.rockhall.com/rock-roll-hall-fame-announces-nominees-2019-induction

• Def Leppard
  • Devo
  • Janet Jackson
  • John Prine
  • Kraftwerk
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • Radiohead
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Roxy Music
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Stevie Nicks
  • The Cure
  • The Zombies
  • Todd Rundgren

I'm guessing these 5 will get in on the next ceremony
Radiohead, Janet Jackson, Def Leppard, The Zombies, and LL Cool J
Def Leppard will probably get in because it will win the fan voting contest. Zombies because its one of the oldest act on the list and the voting committee wants to remove the backlog by getting the oldest acts in

Once again The Cure and Roxy Music will get passed over

Def Leopard
Rage
The Cure

They should all get in.

https://www.rockhall.com/rock-roll-hall-fame-announces-nominees-2019-induction

• Def Leppard
  • Devo
  • Janet Jackson
  • John Prine
  • Kraftwerk
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • Radiohead
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Roxy Music
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Stevie Nicks
  • The Cure
  • The Zombies
  • Todd Rundgren

I'm guessing these 5 will get in on the next ceremony
Radiohead, Janet Jackson, Def Leppard, The Zombies, and LL Cool J
Def Leppard will probably get in because it will win the fan voting contest. Zombies because its one of the oldest act on the list and the voting committee wants to remove the backlog by getting the oldest acts in

Once again The Cure and Roxy Music will get passed over

Rundgren, Nicks, and the Cure should already be in there.

Is iron maiden in the rock n roll Hall of Fame? If not then yeah, it's probably a sham.

The WWE Hall of Fame is legit.

WWE Hall of Fame Inductees -

Drew Carey
Kid Rock
Mike Tyson
Donald Trump

(I know your post was sarcastic, just adding some facts to add to the ridiculousness)

Bit of trivia for you guys. Without googling. Who’s the only artist to be inducted into the RnR HOF three separate times?

Eric Clapton.

Was thinking it was that one Beatle who went solo, but then I remembered Clapton.

Fuck the RRHOF for making Rush wait for a million years to be inducted.

Fuck the RRHOF for making Rush wait for a million years to be inducted.
and they made Yes wait even longer to the point Chris Squire passed away and Geddy Lee set in with them for Roundabout.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roxy Music has so many amazing songs. You could play some of their earlier stuff today and many people would have not idea it was written in the 70s. It is almost criminal they are not well known today.

This classic is from 1972. What I miss about hearing Roxy Music's songs for the first time was that you just never know what direction their songs are going to take. They start out sounding like a standard song and then suddenly drift off into the beautifully bizarre.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know there was a rock and roll hof. Is Billy Idol in it?

Eddie Trunk has been railing against RnRHoF for years. I remember when one of the original members of Deep Purple died, he went on a rant about how a band responsible for great songs (including one of the best known opening riffs of all time) was eventually going in but this guy wasn't going to get to enjoy it. Meanwhile, they crowbar some real questionable acts in there.

The fact that they don't have Link Wray in there speaks for itself. If one man is responsible for the birth of rock and roll, it's him.

It's a joke just like the Oscars.

You'd never see Metallica going into the Rap Hall of Fame and rightfully so. And not to single out just rap, I like Radiohead and the Cure but they don't belong either.

They've tried to justify it by saying these groups have the spirit of Rock 'N' Roll but come on. It has as much credibility as the WWE Hall of Fame.

Roxy Music has so many amazing songs. You could play some of their earlier stuff today and many people would have not idea it was written in the 70s. It is almost criminal they are not well known today.

This classic is from 1972. What I miss about hearing Roxy Music's songs for the first time was that you just never know what direction their songs are going to take. They start out sounding like a standard song and then suddenly drift off into the beautifully bizarre.

Completely agree, nobody before or since has really written like them, Roxy Music is truly one of the biggest hidden treasures in all of music.

Back