Media “There’s a reason they didn’t give me Ilia Topuria” ~ Max Holloway

Who would win a potential fight?

• Total voters
It's a great fight to make for sure. If Max beats Justin he probably gets it, if he doesn't then he's likely behind a Volk rematch and Movsar in the queue.

Probably because Max is 5-4 in his last 9 and wasn’t sniffing a title shot… Maybe Max shouldn’t get skunked in his last 3 title shots and he might have gotten Topuria.
The 2nd Volk fight was a split decision.

Max's career can depend on how you wanna spin the narrative.

You could also say Max is 4-1 in his last 5.
What should a former champ to to redeem those lost title shots?
Most people say "go out there and win fights against contenders" and that's what he's done.

Not a ton of more fights besides Topuria that makes sense for Max at FW, given how a 4th Volk fight is not interesting and Max has beaten guys still ranked 3-8 like Yair, Ortega, Allen, Kattar

Last edited:
Max is getting knocked out when he fights Tuporia.

Max is very hittable by crappier boxers and Tuporia has 1 punch KO power at 145.

428415692_933343595023269_694869415967882661_n.jpg

I want to see max vs ilia. That’s the fight to make at 145 right now.

But I fear this matchup against gaethje may finally push max over the proverbial cliff edge.

After that performance there’s no way I’d pick Max over Topuria. He may not get the KO, but I see him hurting Max multiple times during the fight.

Max winning the title would be insane. But he's not young and eventually he will have that Volk moment. It happens to everyone eventually. I think he's probably overdue for it, unfortunately. But if he manages to win the belt now - I will be very impressed. He deserves to shoot his last shot, at the very least.

After that performance there’s no way I’d pick Max over Topuria.

what if max puts gaethje away? Then the hype for max vs. Topuria would be insane. I'm kind of hoping for this outcome.

what if max puts gaethje away? Then the hype for max vs. Topuria would be insane. I'm kind of hoping for this outcome.
Im definitely down to see them fight. I have no clue how Max vs Justin is going go though. I could easily see it being a one sided beat down like how Dustin vs Max looked early on, or Max could weather an early storm and turn it on late like he did against Dustin. He was definitely struggling with Dustin’s size and power early on though, and he’ll likely have the same issues with Justin.

Im definitely down to see them fight. I have no clue how Max vs Justin is going go though. I could easily see it being a one sided beat down like how Dustin vs Max looked early on, or Max could weather an early storm and turn it on late like he did against Dustin. He was definitely struggling with Dustin’s size and power early on though, and he’ll likely have the same issues with Justin.

He's had about 3 times amount of time to prepare for this one, so hopefully max used it wisely, and I think Max's defense has improved some. We'll see how it goes

Id really love to see this fight. Max has a lot of wear on him, but this would be a great fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back