1,000 sick with Norovirus at 32 schools in northern California's Yolo County

Man, I had Norovirus before and it sucks, when you fart diarrhea comes out, you basically shit yourself.

I had a horrible indigestion after eating some fresh veggies I bought at the grocery. I didn't feel well like 4 or 5 hours later, I couldn't burp and I felt bloated, I woke up and felt nausea sat on the toilet and nothing would come out but I felt like going, So I drank some cold Soda and I burped and felt better, than a minute or two I threw up the food I ate, I ran to the toilet and took a dump and felt relieved.

I went back to bed after taking a shower.

an hour later I had to turn to the restroom again and took another dump, went back to bed felt weak and dehydrated like my muscles were so sore, and I farted and I shat myself had to change my undies.

My folks had to buy me electrolyte drinks because I needed fluid since the runs made me dehydrated and Adult diapers I was in bed for at least 4-5 days and lost 10 pounds, I couldn't eat, I had to force myself to eat soup and some crackers.

When you have have norwalk virus, do not eat anything solid. You just sip gatorade. Gatorade has the electrolites, and sugar you need for your immune. You will be fine in three days or day depending on how alpha you are.

Also the virus starts out in stomach, and symptoms start there as well before moving into intestines. In the early stages it is possible to vomit out much of the virus. That can actually shorten the duration of the symptoms. Usually you get it from something you eat. So as soon as you feel queasy, go vomit. You may expel much of the virus that way.

Had it once as well. Absolutely awful. I remember standing up to take a piss while in the hospital and just shitting all over myself.

It does not have to be that bad. I have had the stomach flu several times in my life, never once did I shit myself. Avoid solid foods for a day or two.

Well I guess its time for me to stay inside. I'm in east Sacramento but that's still too close for me.

Uneducated fools too dumb to wash their hands with soap.

I had some kind of virus last year. It was some of the worst stomach cramps ever, vomited 12 times in one night, shit was the worst.

Man, I had Norovirus before and it sucks, when you fart diarrhea comes out, you basically shit yourself.

I had a horrible indigestion after eating some fresh veggies I bought at the grocery. I didn't feel well like 4 or 5 hours later, I couldn't burp and I felt bloated, I woke up and felt nausea sat on the toilet and nothing would come out but I felt like going, So I drank some cold Soda and I burped and felt better, than a minute or two I threw up the food I ate, I ran to the toilet and took a dump and felt relieved.

I went back to bed after taking a shower.

an hour later I had to turn to the restroom again and took another dump, went back to bed felt weak and dehydrated like my muscles were so sore, and I farted and I shat myself had to change my undies.

My folks had to buy me electrolyte drinks because I needed fluid since the runs made me dehydrated and Adult diapers I was in bed for at least 4-5 days and lost 10 pounds, I couldn't eat, I had to force myself to eat soup and some crackers.
cdb2cd78cf4763e9fdd00764f89c3f21_simpsons-meme-haha-memesuper-nelson-simpsons-haha-meme_400-373.jpeg

Man, that sounds horrible.

Norwalk fucking sucks.

I have only had it once, but I lost 18 pounds or so in 8 hours and had to go on IV. I only know that because they weighed me after IV and asked how much I normally weigh.

It sucked. 7PM, not feeling right so I lie down. 8PM Run to the toilet and barf. 8:05PM, sit on toilet and projectile blast liquid from my ass. Feel better for about 10 minutes after I vomit, try to lie down and sleep. Repeat. Over and over and over.
It was around 3AM when i was getting delirious. And I am not kidding. i mean throwing up and having the squirts almost on the clock every 20 minutes.

At which point my fiancee drove me to emerg and they gave me a "Dissolve under your tongue for Chemo patients" antinausea med. At one point, my diarrhea was all blood towards the 3AM mark.

By this point, i was in baaaad shape. They shoved me on IV.

I was not throwing up after that day, but I was in shit shape for at least 3-4 days and then my kids got seriously ill and I had to forget I was sick and stay with them in kids emerg for 5 days. At the time, my twins were 1 year old and that was the scariest worst week of my life because of how sick they were. As it turned out, they had RSV, not norwalk like me, but they were having trouble breathing and were on oxygen and alarms would go off when their oxygen levels dropped below the limit.

Man you giving me flashbacks, its one of the worst.

same symptoms as me man, except I didnt go to get an IV, The part people dont understand is the lack of thirst, thats what causes the nausea all that puking and shitting causes your body to lose nutrients quickly they just pass thru you and you get fluid loss and start getting weak and dizzy, but you cant even drink fluids because you wind up puking it out.

I knew it was not your regular cramping from bad food or indigestion because usually after you take a dump you are relieved and sleep like a baby after, but this stuff only gives you temp relief and a good 30 minutes later you have to go again, or you puke, thta lasts for the first day or two, the recovery stage you start sleeping in and are really week, and tired, you can sip liquids but the wet farts are still there, you fart and liquid dump comes out so you have to constantly change your undies or sleep with adult diapers on which I did.

I lost around 10 to 15 pounds as well, my face looked worn out baggy eyes and purple lips.

But man once you recover your appetite goes through the roof and you start eating everything, thats what happened with me. But it took around 7 days to really get over it, also it takes a while until you can form a solid dump, couple weeks to get regular again.

cdb2cd78cf4763e9fdd00764f89c3f21_simpsons-meme-haha-memesuper-nelson-simpsons-haha-meme_400-373.jpeg

Man, that sounds horrible.

lol you wouldn't be laughing if it happens to you thats for sure, I don't wish it on anyone it was horrible and my family got sick too, its contagious.

lol you wouldn't be laughing if it happens to you thats for sure, I don't wish it on anyone it was horrible and my family got sick too, its contagious.

Yeah, I'm sure it was horrible. And nothing you could do about it, huh? Just hang in there until your body sorted it out.

Yeah, I'm sure it was horrible. And nothing you could do about it, huh? Just hang in there until your body sorted it out.

watery diarrhea after every single Fart , its highly contagious it also scared me off from eating Raw veggies, to this day I only eat steamed or cooked greens and veggies.

I was on a raw food diet when it happened, I stopped doing that vegan diet.

Its weird how often ive gotten sick from eating salads. I think its because you cant really kill the germs on salads, compared to fish and meats where you can cook them at high heat and most of the germs die in the process.

I also had Salmonella from handling raw chicken. Salmonella is also bad, your head is aching, your entire back is sore, you cant get out of bed, you feel like puking, its almost like flu like symptoms too, but its mostly body pains, it lasts for 4 or 5 days.

They are trying to use Salmonella to kill Cancer apparently
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/07/a-probiotic-with-a-built-in-timer/492116/

If you have norovirus, and feel the nausea, try to vomit as much as possible. You want to expel all contents from stomach. That is were the virus is hiding.

Once I ate a hawt dawg from 7/11, and that is how I got it. I stayed near toilet until I could expel all the hawt dawg. At first it was just water, so I knew I did not get rid of it. I just kept going. I forced myself to vomit until, I saw food in the toilet bowl.

YOu know when you get rid of all of it. The feeling you get has no descriptors. You instantly feel this relief. For me the virus and accompanying symptoms lasted maybe four hours. I was still a little weak, but overall I did not feel that bad.

watery diarrhea after every single Fart , its highly contagious it also scared me off from eating Raw veggies, to this day I only eat steamed or cooked greens and veggies.

Its weird how often ive gotten sick from eating salads. I think its because you cant really kill the germs on salads, compared to fish and meats where you can cook them at high heat and most of the germs die in the process.

I also had Salmonella from handling raw chicken. Salmonella is also bad, your head is aching, your entire back is sore, you cant get out of bed, you feel like puking, its almost like flu like symptoms too, but its mostly body pains, it lasts for 4 or 5 days.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/07/a-probiotic-with-a-built-in-timer/492116/
This almost sounds like the intro to "I am legend" the will Smith version.

If you have norovirus, and feel the nausea, try to vomit as much as possible. You want to expel all contents from stomach. That is were the virus is hiding.

Once I ate a hawt dawg from 7/11, and that is how I got it. I stayed near toilet until I could expel all the hawt dawg. At first it was just water, so I knew I did not get rid of it. I just kept going. I forced myself to vomit until, I saw food in the toilet bowl.

YOu know when you get rid of all of it. The feeling you get has no descriptors. You instantly feel this relief. For me the virus and accompanying symptoms lasted maybe four hours. I was still a little weak, but overall I did not feel that bad.
Congratz. You just confused Norovirus with food poisoning

If you get Norovirus, you won't be ejecting it in 4 hours. You have days of misery ahead, beyond even the puking. Your whole body will be misery even after you stop puking.

And for the record, yes handwashing is important. But the most common way people get this virus is to do something stupid like rub their eyes in public.

NEVER touch your eyes in public. that's basically the #1 way, above even airborne contamination, to get sick with anything. People think "Don't put hands in mouth till washing" and conveniently forget touching their eyes, nose, etc is the exact same thing. Touching something like a doorknob or an elevator button and then rubbing an eye because of a crumb.

Last edited:
Congratz. You just confused Norovirus with food poisoning

If you get Norovirus, you won't be ejecting it in 4 hours. You have days of misery ahead, beyond even the puking. Your whole body will be misery even after you stop puking.

Norovirus is a form of food poisoning. It is the most common form.

I have had other kinds of food poisoning that had no nausea. My insides were burning, but I did not feel urge to go to bathroom. It was just burning.

Never heard this thing with the eyes, never

Last edited:
I used to live in Toluca, Mexico while doing an engineering program down there at Delphi. During my stay I had something very similar and it lasted 3 weeks. It took me 6 months to adjust to the water, shit sucked.

lol you're killing me here, bro! Comedy = tragedy + time.

Norovirus is a form of food poisoning. It is the most common form.

I have had other kinds of food poisoning that had no nausea. My insides were burning, but I did not feel urge to go to bathroom. It was just burning.

Never heard this thing with the eyes, never
Norovirus, is a virus. It can be considered food poisoning if certain criteria apply. Food poisoning of food contaminated with Bacteria or Bacteria Toxins, Parasites, virus. Unless you mean catching it from someone infected with norovirus preparing your food, then I guess you can call it food poisoning.

But Noroviruses do not need food as a vector. Its a highly contagious virus that needs very little viral particles to be absorbed for someone to catch it. If someone sick with it has contaminated hands(Which happens a lot when people puke, cough, get spit on their hands and then just rince it when they are sick instead of doing the full soap wash)presses an elevator button and you press that same button and rub your eyes(or eat a mint before washing your hands), you are probably going to catch it. It stays on surfaces for a long time.

One thing is 100% sure. If you got over it in 4 hours, you did not have Norovirus, you had mild food poisoning or a mild stomach bug. no matter how strong your constitution, you do not get over Norwalk in 4 hours. You don't just vomit it out like a bad hotdog. its not a toxin you can purge from your body(Which sounds like what you are describing). Once you have the virus, it saturates your body. And you will be contagious to others weeks after you feel better.

Norovirus, is a virus. It can be considered food poisoning if certain criteria apply. Food poisoning of food contaminated with Bacteria or Bacteria Toxins, Parasites, virus. Unless you mean catching it from someone infected with norovirus preparing your food, then I guess you can call it food poisoning.

But Noroviruses do not need food as a vector. Its a highly contagious virus that needs very little viral particles to be absorbed for someone to catch it. If someone sick with it has contaminated hands(Which happens a lot when people puke, cough, get spit on their hands and then just rince it when they are sick instead of doing the full soap wash)presses an elevator button and you press that same button and rub your eyes(or eat a mint before washing your hands), you are probably going to catch it. It stays on surfaces for a long time.

One thing is 100% sure. If you got over it in 4 hours, you did not have Norovirus, you had mild food poisoning or a mild stomach bug. no matter how strong your constitution, you do not get over Norwalk in 4 hours. You don't just vomit it out like a bad hotdog. its not a toxin you can purge from your body(Which sounds like what you are describing). Once you have the virus, it saturates your body. And you will be contagious to others weeks after you feel better.

The only way to settle this is to get a doctor in here.

Come to think of it, from what many of you are describing, I dont think you people had norwalk virus. I have been diagnosed by doctor as having norovirus before. Never have I shat my own pants.

Norovirus is the most common "stomach bug".

Back