- 2014 NBA offseason thread, v1: The LeTears Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the deal with super buddies how come lebron and wade chose chris bosh as #3 over melon back when they decided to team up?

I always though Bern and melon were closer friends going back further

Melon wasn't a free agent

Sixers have to take Exum.

He can play the 2. Gotta take the bpa.

Melon wasn't a free agent

Apparently they were planning this going way way back

They all came into the league at the same time so all could have contracts done similarly

At some point they diverged and bosh wade and Bern came together to plan to be free agents at the same time and left melon out

Melon is a affa male.

Can't be the third wheel. Boosh was perfect for the role.

Apparently they were planning this going way way back

They all came into the league at the same time so all could have contracts done similarly

At some point they diverged and bosh wade and Bern came together to plan to be free agents at the same time and left melon out

when they took deals in 2006 or 07 that allowed them to be free agents in 2010, they actually had declined an extra year of around 20 mill. Melo publicly said he was intrigued by possibly being a free agent at the same time as the other guys but having not come from a lot, he just didnt have it in him to turn down that extra guaranteed year thus he signed a deal that carried him to 2011.

Sixers have to take Exum.

He can play the 2. Gotta take the bpa.

If they take him they're gonna put MCW on the block and they have already put the word out there for his availability.

Im still on the fence about Exum. The more i read about him the less impressed i get. He had less than stellar numbers at the Combine. The German can on the Hawks, Dennis Schr

Lebron opted out this morning.

Lebron opted out this morning.

Where will Lebron and his mercenary fans for hire land next? If he returned to Cleveland(long shot) it will be hilarious to see everyone who talked shit about the Cavs since 2010 come crawling back.

Where will Lebron and his mercenary fans for hire land next? If he returned to Cleveland(long shot) it will be hilarious to see everyone who talked shit about the Cavs since 2010 come crawling back.

I don't think he's going anywhere. People have been speculating for a while that he might opt out and urge the Heat to bring in more talent while taking a pay cut. Also expect to Wade and Bosh to opt out soon as well, for the same reason.

Of course, I could be way off, and we'll get another rendition of "The Decision".

People talk shit about Cleveland because they're a shit franchise with a horrible crybaby owner.

I'd like Bern with the Lakers just to max over-rust Faust

I don't think he's going anywhere. People have been speculating for a while that he might opt out and urge the Heat to bring in more talent while taking a pay cut. Also expect to Wade and Bosh to opt out soon as well, for the same reason.

Of course, I could be way off, and we'll get another rendition of "The Decision".

The story on ESPN makes it sound like James is definitely going elsewhere, and not opting out to re-structure his contract to help bring in more assets for the Heat.

The story on ESPN makes it sound like James is definitely going elsewhere, and not opting out to re-structure his contract to help bring in more assets for the Heat.

picard-facepalm-o.gif

Written by none other than Chris "infinite sources" Brousorry

Take it with a truckload of salt

Written by none other than Chris "infinite sources" Brousorry

Take it with a truckload of salt
Maintain context. Chris's shame hasn't been that he is a poor basketball analyst (he's simply one of the best on ESPN), or that he has a habit of reporting inaccurate news...the tarnish on his reputation is that he steals breaking news and re-tweets or blogs it without crediting the news source. He acts as if he broke it using his own sources when, in fact, his source is almost certainly another reporter (or sometimes the player himself on social media).

ESPN doesn't punish him because the same cloud circles them as a media source, generally. In fact, former ESPN reporters have spoken about this culture at ESPN, and how it's just considered acceptable there when everywhere else it is regarded as a major journalistic ethical breach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back