- 2014 NBA offseason thread, v1: The LeTears Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.
10357173_791940200845493_5550976967613328514_n.jpg

If LeBron goes to the Rockets, Houston will succeed in being the most naturally unlikeable team in NBA history.

Chris Webber recently said that Tobe and D.Wade would never average 20 points or more in a season again. Agree or Disagree?

Disagree. I'd love to know who the Lakers are going to get as a coach that will have the balls to slow Kobe's run for Kareem's record that much. Who is going to take those shots if not Kobe anyway?

I just realized something.

I understand that Miami is still a possibility, but one has to wonder how much money Lebron expects them to throw down. Typically, salaries increase over the duration of the contract, and often balloon towards the tail end. Lebron was due to be paid $20.6m if he opted in. If he intends to stay with Miami, then he's definitely looking for that Kobe "Anderson Silva" Bryant money.

This wouldn't be so significant except for the new salary cap tax rules. I mean, what sort of max (5+ year contract), under the new CBA rules, will pay more than $20.6 million in the first year? That contract would be bonkers for any team to undertake. Remember, he could play this year for Miami, and still be an unrestricted free agent next season. Thus, if he intended to stay in Miami, then the only reason he opted out was to get paid more; even if it was to create a bidding war, with the contingency that Miami could bid the most, then the end goal within the context of his strategy towards Miami would be the same: to get more money for the coming season.

Of course, maybe I'm not considering timing. His agent probably realizes that Miami is thirsty for a third title- at least one more title- and they can smell it right now. Another season with old man Wade and Bosh a year older, and maybe it won't seem so realistic, and Miami's wallets won't be so loose.

The only other reason that occurs to me that he would be hustling for this money is maybe that he wants to FORCE Miami to make a decision they otherwise wouldn't make: get rid of Wade or Bosh (my guess is obviously Wade), but Wade is signed through 2016, and I don't believe Miami can excise his contract this year.

Deep thoughts with Mick Handy.

If LeBron goes to the Rockets, Houston will succeed in being the most naturally unlikeable team in NBA history.
Yeah, but they'd be like, "Who cares?" Hire Yao to coach- even if only as a figurehead- and they'll literally have 90% of China following them on Twitter.

Disagree. I'd love to know who the Lakers are going to get as a coach that will have the balls to slow Kobe's run for Kareem's record that much. Who is going to take those shots if not Kobe anyway?

Mr. I G G Y

LeBron to Cleveland so he and Manziel can can it up together.

If Lelbron is opting out, and D-Cline opts in, Lelbron is gone.

BTW, if one of our regulars is ready to start the next version of this thread, it will be the Draft edition.

By doing this you are accepting responsibility for editing and updating the OP with the draft results. We're looking for a regular with a clear schedule.
He can opt in this year, and next year.

Both are Player Options.
Goddamn, how long have they been doing that? Did that change with the new CBA? I thought allowing only the final year to be the player-option was a standard.

Kooby can average 20 points shooting 27% from the field

Koobs probably will. Wade won't, but he could. He seems to be focused on efficiency in less minutes these days. I say he averages around 15-17 points on 50%+ from the field. 28-32 minutes per game.

Lebron is leaving Miami. Honestly, I don't get why people get so upset at this. It's not he's demanding to leave. He's doing it on his own terms. People switch companies all the time, why can't athletes do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back