2018 CFB Championship Week SEC SEC SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If UCF played in the ACC,SEC,BIG10
Would they be undefeated HELL NO
So STFU

UCF is a good team, but unless you are a UCF fan or just hate the SEC, that game is a nothing burger.

Now that there is a playoff, the bowls are meaningless. As an Alabama fan, if it's not the playoffs, it's a shoulder shrug.

Time to rebuild for next season.

The whole point is they should have made the playoffs but didn't. UCF beat competition comparable to Alabama. Alabama got rolled by Auburn while scoring a pedestrian 14 points. UCF beat Auburn while putting up 34. You favor the system simply because it meritlessly elevates teams like Alabama while making it impossible for 60% of college teams from being eligible for the playoff.

The whole point is they should have made the playoffs but didn't. UCF beat competition comparable to Alabama. Alabama got rolled by Auburn while scoring a pedestrian 14 points. UCF beat Auburn while putting up 34. You favor the system simply because it meritlessly elevates teams like Alabama while making it impossible for 60% of college teams from being eligible for the playoff.

FIU
East Carolina
Cincinnati
Austin peay
UCONN
SMU
Temple
Maine

Is not a comparable schedule

If UCF played in the ACC,SEC,BIG10
Would they be undefeated HELL NO
So STFU

And here's someone who thought UCF would get rolled by Auburn. Surprised you guys can still yap so much with all that crow in there.

You all would be more impressed if they lost to Syracuse or Iowa. It's glaringly obvious you don't watch AAC football, because if you did you'd realize the conference isn't as bad as you imagine it is. They had a winning record in bowl games this year. Their SoS is deflated because of bias against AAC teams. USF and Memphis should have been ranked for most of the year but weren't due to Power 5 nonsense.

And here's someone who thought UCF would get rolled by Auburn. Surprised you guys can still yap so much with all that crow in there.

You all would be more impressed if they lost to Syracuse or Iowa. It's glaringly obvious you don't watch AAC football, because if you did you'd realize the conference isn't as bad as you imagine it is. They had a winning record in bowl games this year. Their SoS is deflated because of bias against AAC teams. USF and Memphis should have been ranked for most of the year but weren't due to Power 5 nonsense.
No
I thought and hoped they beat the barners.

Please don’t compare AAC competition with power 5 just embarrassing yourself

FIU
East Carolina
Cincinnati
Austin peay
UCONN
SMU
Temple
Maine

Is not a comparable schedule

They didn't play Maine. You deliberately left out the good teams they played like Memphis (2X), USF, Navy, and SMU.

Bama played:

Fresno
Colorado State
Arkansas
Mercer
A&M
Tennessee

The best teams they played were Miss. State, LSU and Auburn and they lost the Auburn game. They had two good wins. That's it.

They didn't play Maine. You deliberately left out the good teams they played like Memphis (2X), USF, Navy, and SMU.

Bama played:

Fresno
Colorado State
Arkansas
Mercer
A&M
Tennessee

The best teams they played were Miss. State, LSU and Auburn and they lost the Auburn game. They had two good wins. That's it.
Do you honestly think they would have gone undefeated playing in the ACC, SEC, BIG10, BIG12?

Do you honestly think they would have gone undefeated playing in the ACC, SEC, BIG10, BIG12?

I think they were good enough to, yes. It's impossible to predict though.

Here's how 'Power' 5 teams have fared in bowl games this year:

B1G: 7-1
Big 12: 5-3
SEC: 4-5
ACC: 4-6
Pac-12: 1-8

That's 21-23. Obviously some of those are P5 v. P5, but you'd expect a better record if P5 was so superior to non P5.

They wouldn't have to be. Alabama got in the tourney with 2 ranked wins (neither above #16), purely because they were ranked highly preseason. They got bottled by the Auburn team UCF handled and still got in.

UCF beat UMD in UMD's stadium worse than Ohio St. beat them in Ohio. They beat Auburn worse than Clemson did.

I have no affiliation with or attachment to UCF and I don't care about the SEC one way or the other. I just think UCF got completely screwed.

They wouldn't have to be. Alabama got in the tourney with 2 ranked wins (neither above #16), purely because they were ranked highly preseason. They got bottled by the Auburn team UCF handled and still got in.

UCF beat UMD in UMD's stadium worse than Ohio St. beat them in Ohio. They beat Auburn worse than Clemson did.

I have no affiliation with or attachment to UCF and I don't care about the SEC one way or the other. I just think UCF got completely screwed.
You forget they beat FSU week1 that was ranked #2 before their QB got hurt

Maybe they should have had a chance but not screwed. Play in a better conference

Power 5 week in week out plays better competition and that’s not up for debate

Had ucf lost to auburn(which they almost did) this wouldn’t be an issue so
STFU

UCF needs to do what FSU did in the early Bowden years - go play big boys on the road. And don't get killed by them like they did in their last regular season game against a P5 program.

UCF got up for a big game and beat Auburn. In my picks in capital bowl mania I picked UCF to win because Auburn was never going to get up for them they way they did when they beat UGA and Alabama...after UGA did them in the SEC title game I could tell they were never going to play as well as they did when they went on their little streak.

That being said I watch plenty of AAC living in the bay area (USF) and I think Memphis, USF, UCF (and sometimes Navy) are legitimate programs that could have winning records in a Power 5 conference.

People forget USF was ranked as high as #2 back in the old days. Honestly, back in the old days when teams like BYU could get in a title game by running the table in the WAC, UCF probably would have been ranked in the top 4.

All that said, we don't know if a USF or UCF would go undefeated against tougher competition week in and week out, and until some of these mid-tier teams go independent and schedule like Notre Dame they are going to be left out of playoff contention in the current set-up.

Also...GO DAWGS!!!! (Cuz we beat Auburn worse than anyone this year!)

The whole point is they should have made the playoffs but didn't.
Not according to the system you agreed to play under. :cool:
UCF didn't play a SINGLE P5 program during the regular season (and they refused to reschedule 5-6 GT).

People forget USF was ranked as high as #2 back in the old days.
That was in the Big East, which was a P5 (or AQ during the BCS years) conference. USF also finished unranked.

The AP? Bama over UCF.
The Coaches? Bama over UCF.
The 6 computers that were part of the BCS? Bama (and other programs) over UCF.
The numbers don't lie, and they spell DISASTER for you, @BKMMAFAN.

steinermath.jpeg

That was in the Big East, which was a P5 (or AQ during the BCS years) conference. USF also finished unranked.

Dammit you are right and correct sir!...the Big East died and a lot of people thought it didn't merit a place in the BCS but they were in the loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back