2018 NFL Draft Discussion

Ok that was a lazy comparison on my end. However, Jackson has a slight build for his playing style and he has average passing accuracy. Easy to see him get caught up in the wash in the NFL and end up another College phenom whose game didn't translate for long after those first few injuries. Regardless, I think RG III was a case study in why that game doesn't work so well when everyone is big and fast and right or wrong it's easy to speculate that ole Lamar will end up the same way.
RG3 got sacrified by a staff who wanted to win a game more than keep their franchise QB healthy.

Its laughable to say he didnt translate to the NFL. He was absolutely incredible his rookie year.

RG3 got sacrified by a staff who wanted to win a game more than keep their franchise QB healthy.

Its laughable to say he didnt translate to the NFL. He was absolutely incredible his rookie year.
RG III's career trajectory and L Jackson's aren't going to be that much different.

To deny that...

RG III's career trajectory and L Jackson's aren't going to be that much different.

To deny that...

Again, one had a lengthy injury history. One does not.

I guess they are both black and run fast so basically the same guy right ?

Rg3 completed over 72% of his passes his final year, he went a absurd number of games with more TDs then incompletions. He rushed for like 600 yards. Jackson is a under %60 passer with 1700 yards rushing. Different players

Man, Kiper has Josh Allen going 1.1 in his mock.

Say what you want about Kiper, the dude is well connected and has some of the best sources out there. I would take note.

I hope Barkley or Chubb fall to the Bucs at 7. If not, I'd be happy with drafting Quenton Nelson or trading back.

Man, Kiper has Josh Allen going 1.1 in his mock.

Say what you want about Kiper, the dude is well connected and has some of the best sources out there. I would take note.

Mock drafts across the internet will be revising their QB rankings by the weekend...

Mock drafts across the internet will be revising their QB rankings by the weekend...

It’s hard to fathom a player with such poor statistics - playing at Wyoming no less - going that high. But Kiper doesn’t pull this stuff out of his ass. He also had some other names I haven’t seen yet in his Top 32.

With that said, Allen is by far the most talented QB in this draft. He’s huge, very athletic, and will have a Top 3 NFL arm the first day he steps on the field.

I hope Barkley or Chubb fall to the Bucs at 7. If not, I'd be happy with drafting Quenton Nelson or trading back.

Nelson would be a perfect pick (definitely over Barkley).

I haven’t watched Chubb yet. I typically wait on the combine for edge guys bc athleticism is such an important aspect for that position specifically. But this doesn’t look like a good edge class. I don’t like Key or Landry.

It’s hard to fathom a player with such poor statistics - playing at Wyoming no less - going that high. But Kiper doesn’t pull this stuff out of his ass. He also had some other names I haven’t seen yet in his Top 32.

With that said, Allen is by far the most talented QB in this draft. He’s huge, very athletic, and will have a Top 3 NFL arm the first day he steps on the field.

Yup, and technically he's playing D1, which is a higher level than Carson Wentz at North Dakota. I think it's less about college production anymore, because the pro game is so different. They want someone whose physical abilities and mental capacity matches up with the current pro QB archetype.

Yup, and technically he's playing D1, which is a higher level than Carson Wentz at North Dakota. I think it's less about college production anymore, because the pro game is so different. They want someone whose physical abilities and mental capacity matches up with the current pro QB archetype.

Yeah, he definitely fits the mold physically (and seems to be a pretty straight dude off the field). His numbers against Power 5 schools were just so bad. And I get it, he had a poor supporting cast, etc. But banking on him to be a successful NFL quarterback goes against almost every historical trend. But the tools are so good that I can see why it’s enticing. He is the poster child for boom/bust. Either going to be the next Cam/Rodgers or the next Derek Anderson.

And I love Barkley - he’s great - but there’s no way I’m taking him as high as the mocks have him going.

I don’t think the gap between he and Guice is very big. It’s a 1a/1b situation.

Watch Allen make a silly throw that few can make, then follow it up by missing a bubble screen by 5 feet on the next play. He will throw a A-Rod type pass that gives you hope, then look like Tebow for long stretches. I want no part of him.

Nelson would be a perfect pick (definitely over Barkley).

I haven’t watched Chubb yet. I typically wait on the combine for edge guys bc athleticism is such an important aspect for that position specifically. But this doesn’t look like a good edge class. I don’t like Key or Landry.
Speaking of Key, there was a clip someone posted on twitter of Nelson basically chokeslamming his ass on blitz

Again, one had a lengthy injury history. One does not.

Again, if you don't think Jackson has the potential to be special....then you must've been pretty "meh" on Michael Vick. Say what you want, dog fighting aside, Vick was a special special player, even with his qb shortcommings.

Vick's college career, rushing and passing, don't even compare to Jacksons. Jackson's worst rushing season is 300 yards and two td's better than Vick's best season.

Last edited:
Lamar Jackson has better rushing numbers than Barkley

Back