300lbs/150kg Powerlifter sparring against 120lbs/60kg MMA Fighter[Not McGregor vs The Mountain]

What's the point in forcing a sub on someone that you would never get on someone your size?
If he's not aiming to compete in BJJ, then why wouldn't he do it? As a 120kg guy, he's going to be bigger than almost everyone he comes across, so if he just wants to train his martial arts skills, it's actually just a realistic representation of what his average opponent is going to be like.

All the small guy would have to do is survive 10 minutes, then big guy gases out and literally can't do shit. Those throws take a lot out of you.
The key moment was the bear hug, it shows how easy it would be for someone like this. If he can wrap his arms around him at all, it's game over.

Funny how people were saying conor could beat the mountain when the mountain would make this powerlifter look like a child.

If he's not aiming to compete in BJJ, then why wouldn't he do it? As a 120kg guy, he's going to be bigger than almost everyone he comes across, so if he just wants to train his martial arts skills, it's actually just a realistic representation of what his average opponent is going to be like.
Lol you constantly spew stupid shit on this forum. Remember when you argued with me a year ago pretending you trained? I think you even tried to pretend you were a black belt lol. You've never stepped foot in a BJJ or MMA gym.

To refute your stupid logic there: BJJ and MMA are a sport, not fight clubs. And even if they were, why would a 120kg guy need to 'practice' fighting someone literally half their size?

And if they were just looking to learn self defense, and the average guy in the street is half their size, why should it be at the expense of hurting someone much smaller than them who is just there to learn?

You generally pair up with people close to your own size anyway, but if you are paired up with someone much smaller, it's gym etiquette to try and minimise your size advantage. Most coaches would pull someone up for imposing their size on an obviously smaller opponent in sparring.

If you ever did step into a gym (and let's face it, you wouldn't), you may as well go 100% on females too, right? Because you're just looking for fight practice, be damned who it is.

So a middleweight boxer hits like Tyson, Lewis, etc?
What is it with you? We can't tell because neither Tyson nor Lewis got measured in this study. And you can't just compare different studies on punching power or punching speed since for some reason, they all use different measuring apparatuses.

Why are there more one punch knock outs at heavyweight if small guys hit the same?
Because punches in a fight and punches on a pad are something different. I mean, you know that average punch force IN A FIGHT is something like 1000-1500 Newtons (super low compared to studies done on stationary pads etc) in pro boxing, right? And that's across weight classes, with, again, no strong correlation to bodyweight. There's lots more to punching than how big you are.

And since there is so much difference between hitting a stationary and moving target, the pure punch force is not as important anymore - which is again confirmed if you compare punch force to KO-rate (they don't correlate that well - a bit, yes, but not well). You can't tell me sparring some scrappy twink with fast hand feels the same for you as hitting a heavy bag.

Reality is, the average heavyweight hits harder than the average middleweight. If you actually boxed, you would know this.
Nice opinion. Or should I say broscience?
I boxed a light heavy Bavarian vice champion and a non ranker middleweight before. The middleweight gave me much more trouble. Their punch force was about the same, but the middleweight moved a lot better. It's not that easy.

In fact, I have to wonder if you ever were in a serious fight or match with posts like that.

Lol you constantly spew stupid shit on this forum. Remember when you argued with me a year ago pretending you trained? I think you even tried to pretend you were a black belt lol. You've never stepped foot in a BJJ or MMA gym.

To refute your stupid logic there: BJJ and MMA are a sport, not fight clubs. And even if they were, why would a 120kg guy need to 'practice' fighting someone literally half their size?

And if they were just looking to learn self defense, and the average guy in the street is half their size, why should it be at the expense of hurting someone much smaller than them who is just there to learn?

You generally pair up with people close to your own size anyway, but if you are paired up with someone much smaller, it's gym etiquette to try and minimise your size advantage. Most coaches would pull someone up for imposing their size on an obviously smaller opponent in sparring.

If you ever did step into a gym (and let's face it, you wouldn't), you may as well go 100% on females too, right? Because you're just looking for fight practice, be damned who it is.
Someone's triggered because they get owned at the gym LOL. Nice excuses buddy. Try learning how to fight instead, maybe.

Or you could keep crying about it on the forums too, I suppose. <36>

I have been in fights. Not a high level though.

Look man. Who gives a toss about hitting pads?

A hard hitting heavyweight hits much harder than a hard hitting middle. Otherwise the faster MW would step up to HW and win titles there.

There are reasons why there are weight classes. Size and Power are the main reasons.

Also I never looked at the link of your study. I have enough common sense to KNOW a heavy handed Heavyweight hits harder than a heavy Handed MW. Obviously some heavyweights have pillow fists and some MW's with elite power might hit harder. However, on average heavyweights carry much more power than lighter guys.

The gap between the two is big enough. Why lie and call a 150lb dude 30lbs lighter than what he is?

Size/athleticism does matter. I am a powerlifter and no where near the size of your man and I have sparred decent guys. Not high pro level or anything, but guys that compete at a decent level.

I never had any problems with guys much lighter, however these boys were average wrestlers and still intermediate BBJ guys.

I imagine a high level wrestler or BBJ player would tie me in knots.

But size does matter to a degree.

- Every sherdogger is a power-lifter, bodybuilder, gymnastic, crossfiter, chronicle copulation machine and street-fighter.

And facially we all look like Chris Hemsworth!

Last edited:
Someone's triggered because they get owned at the gym LOL. Nice excuses buddy. Try learning how to fight instead, maybe.

Or you could keep crying about it on the forums too, I suppose. <36>
Triggered. Your go to phrase again. Hilarious.

Why don't you keep pretending you're a black belt on the forum. Why learn to fight when you can just pretend you already know how!

- Every sherdogger is a power-lifter, bodybuilder, gymnastic, crossfiter, chronicle copulation machine and street-fighter.

And facially we all look like Chris Hemsworth!

Bitch, please. Hemsworth is a 6 at best by Sherdog standards;)

You know the # do nothing on here, right? You're just a basement nerd who pretends to be a fighter on an online forum....it doesn't get much sadder than that.
Haven't seen anyone as #butthurt as you on Sherdog in a while, LOL!

Haven't seen anyone as #butthurt as you on Sherdog in a while, LOL!
Do you pretend to be successful at anything in real life, or do you look too pathetic physically to even make the fighter bullshit believable in person?

I might out you in my Sig.

#Megabutthurt

And please do, LOL
Do you not realize how reliant you are on using 'TRIGGERED' and 'BUTTHURT' as a comeback because you literally have no real comeback when your outed? Oh, and putting lol at the end of every post doesn't validate it or mean its even remotely funny.

If you are literally laughing out loud at your own trolling, then that's nearly as pathetic as pretending you're a black belt in BJJ and a fighter when you've never stepped into any sort of gym in your life.

Do you not realize how reliant you are on using 'TRIGGERED' and 'BUTTHURT' as a comeback because you literally have no real comeback when your outed? Oh, and putting lol at the end of every post doesn't validate it or mean its even remotely funny.

If you are literally laughing out loud at your own trolling, then that's nearly as pathetic as pretending you're a black belt in BJJ and a fighter when you've never stepped into any sort of gym in your life.
#Triggered
#Butthurt

LOL

Back