Media 4 x World's Strongest Man is trying mma

No I don't fight. No ambitions at the moment. Let's chill out. Sometimes I post way too much and need to log out for a week. There's enough real athletes out there to take up matches. I got ahead of myself. I'm not even training well at the moment. Got no interest at all. Vs noone. Maybe one day for myself. I already corrected myself, said I was being a bit of a hater.

no biggie, I was just having fun. I hadn’t read down with all the other stuff, hehe. If you are a good kickboxer you’d kick my ass (not that that means anything), even in MMA. My only chance is to use wrestling/submissions, hehe.

no biggie, I was just having fun. I hadn’t read down with all the other stuff, hehe. If you are a good kickboxer you’d kick my ass (not that that means anything), even in MMA. My only chance is to use wrestling/submissions, hehe.

I actually request all my posts and account to be deleted just right now. Martial arts is about sport and respect and bettering yourself and entertainment. I crossed the line many times. I don't like how I talk and talked on sherdog. Plus I posted even my face. Gonna stick to instagram for chatting. And whatsup app.

Good bye fellow sherbros. Stay positive.

Arent olympic powerlifters stronger? The thing about worlds strongest man is its like random strength games, some are all about grip strength, some are endurance, so its a bit arbitrary strength. Heres an example, lets see if he can hang onto a bar longer than an olympic gymnast, he can’t. Dont get me wrong, these guys are powerful and strong, but the sport of strongman itself just seems a little gimmicky.

it’s an interesting point, but I disagree. Strongman have to be strong with barbells, and a variety of implements. Plus the objects these guys move have gotten so crazy big and heavy. I think they really are the strongest men in the world. They could excel at Olympic and Powerlifting in my opinion. But it’s the age of specialization. Gone are the days of Mark Henry and Bill Kazmaier, being the pinnacle at barbell lifts and strongman.

I said some bizzare and negative shit about some fighters. Out of moods. I'm out guys. I always knew I was wrong for posting on sherdog.

I actually request all my posts and account to be deleted just right now. Martial arts is about sport and respect and bettering yourself and entertainment. I crossed the line many times. I don't like how I talk and talked on sherdog. Plus I posted even my face. Gonna stick to instagram for chatting. And whatsup app.

Good bye fellow sherbros. Stay positive.

don’t leave, it any biggie. Just take a week off and come back. It’s really not a big deal.

don’t leave, it any biggie. Just take a week off and come back. It’s really not a big deal.

Look my post history bro. Lol. I posted my face like 10x. I hated on Usman Izyy hardcore a few times. Said stupid shit. I don't know. Maybe it's time.

Unless he plans to be a big top heavy wrestler…that build is inefficient for fighting at even a mid tier level in MMA

There is a youtuber rock climber who has strong men on his channel sometimes and they do various strength tests. The rock climber won several of the tests. Of course they were things like grip strength and what not, but "strongest man" is very subjective. Someone brought up gymnasts they are stupid strong and have stamina. The things the strongmen do in their comps are certainly impressive and require massive strength, but I dont see that translating to MMA.

There is a youtuber rock climber who has strong men on his channel sometimes and they do various strength tests. The rock climber won several of the tests. Of course they were things like grip strength and what not, but "strongest man" is very subjective. Someone brought up gymnasts they are stupid strong and have stamina. The things the strongmen do in their comps are certainly impressive and require massive strength, but I dont see that translating to MMA.

Bob Sapp is the barometer. When he was disciplined and had good training/advice, he was devastating. He wasn’t highly skilled obviously but all that strength and power could devastate just about anyone. Obviously Shaw is not in his 30’s, but like slap-fighting…the man is 6-8 400 or something, who is going to hit harder and have heavier neck strength than him? No one. Only other giants.

it’s an interesting point, but I disagree. Strongman have to be strong with barbells, and a variety of implements. Plus the objects these guys move have gotten so crazy big and heavy. I think they really are the strongest men in the world. They could excel at Olympic and Powerlifting in my opinion. But it’s the age of specialization. Gone are the days of Mark Henry and Bill Kazmaier, being the pinnacle at barbell lifts and strongman.
Hafthor can’t even do a clean pullup. But he could deadlift 1000lbs. There should be some specific event where everyone does it and can claim to be the strongest ___insert specific event____. But claiming to be the strongest whoever wins the most points on multiple events is a bit arbitrary. Lots of these strongmen games have different events so how can u measure them vs last years winner or the guy from 10 yrs ago.
One guy might be stronger at atlas stones, but weaker at keg throw.

Bob Sapp is the barometer. When he was disciplined and had good training/advice, he was devastating. He wasn’t highly skilled obviously but all that strength and power could devastate just about anyone. Obviously Shaw is not in his 30’s, but like slap-fighting…the man is 6-8 400 or something, who is going to hit harder and have heavier neck strength than him? No one. Only other giants.
Im not sure what entails slap taking ability, but theres huge guys who can’t take punches.

mark hunt had a better chin than bob sapp, even though sapp is wayy bigger.

Hafthor can’t even do a clean pullup. But he could deadlift 1000lbs. There should be some specific event where everyone does it and can claim to be the strongest ___insert specific event____. But claiming to be the strongest whoever wins the most points on multiple events is a bit arbitrary. Lots of these strongmen games have different events so how can u measure them vs last years winner or the guy from 10 yrs ago.
One guy might be stronger at atlas stones, but weaker at keg throw.

All the more amazing when those guys win multiple times. And height plays a factor too. But yeah, there’s maybe 4-6 guys in the world that can really win WSM. Very unique, and elite power lifters and Olympic lifters would get creamed without years of transition training. And even then, they might not win, maybe make the podium.

Im not sure what entails slap taking ability, but theres huge guys who can’t take punches.

mark hunt had a better chin than bob sapp, even though sapp is wayy bigger.

B4105CA9-2862-495B-99B7-1FC34E815CC6.jpeg

well again, it’s worth a shot. Developing a large MMA skill set is hard, especially at his age. But that height is a big advantage in slap, I would think. He’s as tall as LeBron James.

Last edited:
All the more amazing when those guys win multiple times. And height plays a factor too. But yeah, there’s maybe 4-6 guys in the world that can really win WSM. Very unique, and elite power lifters and Olympic lifters would get creamed without years of transition training. And even then, they might not win, maybe make the podium.
But those wsm guys wouldnt make a olympic podium either. The difference is olympic powerlifters do feats that everyone in the world does, like clean and jerk and snatch. Who the hell trains throwing a keg or power stairs or loading rocks onto a truck. Some are more endurance than strength. Im not saying those guys are weak, they are absolute monsters, im critizing the games and events at the wsm competitions. Why dont we have just a few strength events and they can see who’s stronger in specific events. Like hafthor has the worlds record for deadlift, he beat eddie hall by 1kg. Thats actually measurable and a popular lift people do, nobody throws a log lol.

Back