5 episodes into the wire and

I think it more relevant today than ever portland actually built a hamsterdam in the entire city for people to do drugs in like the wire.
I love when they put all the drug users into the van and ship them down to Hamsterdam
"I hear that WMD is the bomb" Officer Santangelo

Anyone who says this show is dated needs their head checked. Like you said this is more relevant than ever

I wasn't blown away until I got into season 3

season 1 is good, but the expecations of 'greatest show of all time' left me underwhelmed

season 2 switchup was initially jaring and i stopped watching for a while.

i went through season 2 and when I got to season 3. it all clicked for me.

stick with it. its worth it

I was excited to watch this being a fan of law and order. Seemed like a similar show and I know Munch shows up at some point.

Its pretty good but I can't say I'm super blown away yet. Don't add spoilers but when does the show take off? I'm in it till the end either way.

Season 4 is the goat season, ones before it were boring. And season 2 or 3 where it centers around the docks and white guys sucks ass.

Halfway through episode 12

I guess kima is going to live. Still left open ended. I really thought she died.

Also they just capped little michael b. I knew he was getting capped as soon as he started snitching. "Why it gotta be like this yo!" I don't know man maybe because you snitched, ran away, then came back like nothing happened.

Wasn't until nearly Season 3 I started to really see the brilliance.

Or when you re-watch the series and realise every scene, every dialogue is just win win. I'm from Australia and just loved the ebonics and the level of detail about the war kn drugs from every aspect of society

Or when you re-watch the series and realise every scene, every dialogue is just win win. I'm from Australia and just loved the ebonics and the level of detail about the war kn drugs from every aspect of society
Yeah i think 1 & 2 are better in hindsight.. When you see what it sets up, I don't know many people who loved 1 & 2 on first viewing.

the second season is brilliant and unlike any other show ever.

Season 2 is sooo good. Funny how soo many shit on it then act like they have a clue.

The whole series is a slow burn. It won't be great until you finish it a few times.

It is okay to love The Wire.
It is okay to hate The Wire.
It is not okay to think it is "good, not great". You are likely a lizard person with no soul.

Reactions: Cid
Finished season 1. Overall id give the season a 7.5 out of ten because it doesn't get going until around episode 6.

Watched first episode of season 2 and thought it was pretty weak so I'm taking a break on until later.

This show was one of the GOATs of its time but it’s not a show that has aged very well. Still better than a lot of shows but watching it feels very dated to me these days. Of course I’ve seen the entire series several times so you may hopefully get a better perspective being your first time.

I hate to say it but elbas english accent occasionally bleeds through. I am a fan of his character otherwise.

I finished season 1 episode 2 and it's better than episode 1. Lets see how this goes. I like the bunk and freamon pairing

Finished season 1. Overall id give the season a 7.5 out of ten because it doesn't get going until around episode 6.

Watched first episode of season 2 and thought it was pretty weak so I'm taking a break on until later.
Season 2 starts out real slow. It's worth it though.

YMMV on season 2 (it's a step down from season 1 IMO, but I know some people prefer it). Season 3 is where it becomes undeniably brilliant, and season 4, IMO, is the greatest season of any tv show ever.

I hate to say it but elbas english accent occasionally bleeds through. I am a fan of his character otherwise.

I finished season 1 episode 2 and it's better than episode 1. Lets see how this goes. I like the bunk and freamon pairing

Honestly though, I think it's one of most convincing American Accents i've heard from a Brit... Everyone on set thought he was actually American because he hid his Englishness from them because they only wanted authentic Baltimore folks.

“David Simon specifically told Alexa Fogel, who was the casting director, ‘Listen, this is about Baltimore. I don’t want to see no non-Americans for any of these roles, I need people that can really relate the story I’m trying to tell here’—which is a very fair thing to ask for, considering how observant he is of the culture,” Elba explains to host Sean Evans.

This show was one of the GOATs of its time but it’s not a show that has aged very well. Still better than a lot of shows but watching it feels very dated to me these days. Of course I’ve seen the entire series several times so you may hopefully get a better perspective being your first time.
dated as in the technology like beepers and stuff?

Reactions: Cid
I was excited to watch this being a fan of law and order. Seemed like a similar show and I know Munch shows up at some point.

Its pretty good but I can't say I'm super blown away yet. Don't add spoilers but when does the show take off? I'm in it till the end either way.
I use to love law and order SVU until they started making the show more about the detectives personal lives and not the cases.

Finished season 2. Overall i thought it was better than season 1. 8/10 starting season 3

Finished season 3. I give it a 9/10 definitely best season so far.

My only problem is
Bells demise was a series of uncharacteristic choices for him. The whole show he's trying to tell Avon to avoid killing lower level street guys, is very careful in trying to kill omar, brother from nyc, and Dangelo....yet all of a sudden goes hood wild in trying to kill clay davis. Seemed like his death was forced.

Back