Rewatch 9 years ago today. Gsp managed to beat Johnny Hendricks

Maybe not the biggest robbery of all time but certainly the most notable in MMA. The irony was the judges probably rigged it for GSP to keep the GSP money making economy going, and to please their nepotistic Zuffa masters who too would benefit from the GSP grift going - it was like golden cow O'Malley getting the nod last out tho he clearly lost. Dana was probably so pissed as he had them rig it for GSP then he left him there with his dick in his hands.

Like the O'Malley fight, it was one of the rare times all media outlets scored it one way and the judges scores it another. That should be the red flag of all red flags, especially when you are dealing with one of the cash cows that are benefitting off the robbery. Reminds me of Chavez vs Sweat Pea in boxing - that was the first robbery I watched in real time, I just could not understand how one fighter could dominate the other and not win, but I was young and did not understand the nature of corruption.

No robbery but a close fight, and comes down to how you scored round 1.

I can see an argument for either guy winning, though I do think GSP took it. had Hendricks not coasted in round 5 he would have won it. Unfortunately he did not and I think GSP pulle dit off.

Nowhere near the robbery people claim it to be.

9 years ago today. Gsp managed to beat Johnny Hendricks
6712687_0.jpg

I disagree, GSP would have won even more in Pride.

In Pride, the last round is the most important, a round GSP clearly won.
Pride only had 2 rounds though so that would change the entire equation, I was just speaking on who did the most damage.

Couldn't agree more, round by round scoring appears to be a complete mystery to some.

Those are probably the very same people who thought Gustafsson got robbed in the first Jones fight. Similarly to GSP vs Hendricks, that fight also had some egregiously biased commentary.

More than ignorance there is also the cognitive dissonance of people who seem incapable of mentally separating how they think fights should be scored vs how they actually are scored.

Take the MMA media's self-appointed genius Luke Thomas. He definitely 'knows' how to score rounds and even understands the actual scoring criteria.

Yet after every close fight he goes through a routine of saying 'I could see how you could give Fighter X one round, maybe two, but giving them three is a bit of a stretch for me' without referring to the specifics of the individual rounds. He thinks that it's reasonable for you to score any of rounds 1, 3 or 5 for Fighter X separately but that it's unreasonable to score all of rounds 1, 3 and 5 for Fighter X.

He would on some level recognize how idiotic this is if you actually sat him down and pointed it out to him, but he still does it almost every time. There are a lot of people like this.

Nine years ago today was the last time I spent money to watch a UFC event.

Oh, and GSP won that fight 3 rounds to 2.

If by beat you meant, highway robbery by corrupt judges followed by 4 years of ducking the rematch, you would be correct.

Canadians know that was a huge robbery.
One of the ufc history most polarizing fight of all time. Still to this day. People , including me say that Johnny should had won against gsp.

It was just an off night for GSP. If they rematched, it would've gone like Jones-Gus 2 or Silva-Sonnen 2.

I think GSP or Hendricks 48-47 were reasonable scores and the judges were split. Not a robbery. A razor close fight( or round) whether it be MMA, boxing or any other form of combat should go to the champ.

Hendricks got some of the rawest deals on decisions in major fights of anyone in MMA history. IMO, he beat GSP and Lawler.

Now his post-USADA performances and appearance suggests he was likely juiced to the gills so I can't feel too badly for him but still those decisions were trash.

Literally outside of a few knees, Hendricks lands nothing of significance and it's no more significant than GSP's leg kicks and jabs.

It's debatable Hendricks won but only complete idiots think it's impossible GSP won. You can be part of those idiots. Not my problem lol

I guess most fighters and MMA media outlets are all idiots too as only GSP fanboys think he won.

Back