A-level athlete defined

Fighting is the more natural of any sports/activities out there

Everybody can kick/punch n take somebody down

Thr difference between fighter n average joe is that a fighter has much better technique

Average joe will never be able to catch up to someone who’s been fighting for over 10 years

However elite nba/nfl players are not your average joes, they are much more athletic n what ever they lack in technique will make up in athleticism

So your average ufc fighter might be more technically sound (some), however he’ll be overwhelmed by superior athleticism of elite a level athlete

Just because this term gets thrown around a lot these days...........

An A-level athlete is an athlete that is extremely athletic that plays Football, basketball, soccer, basically any other sport that is not fighting, etc.

Based solely on their athleticism and success in their respective sports it is easy for them to transition into fighting and become Champions with ease and very minimal training.

For example in the link provided below you can see a former NFL player/hall famer Brian Urlacher show off his athleticism and fighting prowess ( just check out the speed of technique of his punches) The skills that he used in the NFL easily translate into fighting skills

I know it sounds ridiculous that an A-level athlete can destroy a person who's been training on how to give and absorb punishment and who has been working on their fighting technique for their whole lives. But that's just the way it goes!?

An Olympic wrestler and or gymnast do not count as A-level athletes because their paycheques aren't big enough.(Sarcasm)

Plus it helps all the people that post on this website about A-level athletes feel better knowing that with minimal training they themselves can beat any UFC fighter with minimal training because they played football or basketball in high school/college.

Anyone disagree?

Stipe

D1 Wrestler...... 100 Mph fastball
qUqkevs.jpg

He is right, an american football guy would struggle a lot with soccer, extremely different sports.
Again, depends on who we are talking about. Odell Beckham was a great soccer player and could be a professional.

Obviously an offensive lineman wouldn't be a soccer player. But what about someone like prime Julius Peppers as a keeper? Tons of NFL athletes could translate to other sports (and grew up dominating them)

Actually a double amputee would suck in soccer, arms are import to balance the body, specially when pivoting.

Yeah. Martian2.0 must be a 'murican. Not an American. Let me state there is a difference.

Physics apply to everyone on Earth, though :|.

Lol, american football players are just roided up freaks, they severely lack the innate talent, spatial intelligence and hand/foot eye coordination of true A-level athletes like Cristiano Ronaldo, Lomachenko, Roger Federer etc
http://www.milesplit.com/articles/209463-15-first-round-nfl-draft-picks-ran-track-in-high-school

22/32 first round pick were Track & Fields star in HS

Nowadays, players are drafted basically on
#1 How fast they run
#2 How high they jump
#3 How strong they are

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Scouting_Combine

Elite Football players are mostly genetics freak...

From what I gather from Sherdog, every sport has A-level athletes except MMA <36>

Enough with A level athletes being soccer, football or basketball players.

Soccer players have 0 toughness and get knocked down by a breeze and need to be stretchered off the field.

Footballers are massive juice monkeys where 1 person runs a play for 3 seconds and than 5 minute breaks till next play.

Basketballers are just lankier versions of soccer players. Need to be helped off the court when they stub there toe and sidelined for weeks.

The true A list athletes are hockey n rugby players.

Show me any other sport where someone takes a 90 mph slapshot right in the mouth, lose 6 teeth, skate to the bench to get stitched up n come back before the end of the period.

Rugby is just like football but faster pace and NO equipment for protection.

I have narrowed down the A Level athlete discussion to one simple question...

Would Brendan Schaub mention the athlete's dick if he saw a shirtless photo of him?

I have narrowed down the A Level athlete discussion to one simple question...

Would Brendan Schaub mention the athlete's dick if he saw a shirtless photo of him?
Well, that would mean that half the male population would be A level athletes

Considering this A-level athlete thing is resurfacing in light of the Ngannou fight, isn't the fact that Ngannou with such sub-bar skill level was able to reach to a point where he fought a Title-ship match testament to the advantages of being naturally very Athletic?

This shouldn't even be a question tbh, clearly being an A-level Athlete would take you very far in MMA [even with very little experience].

And a soccer player is going to step into the NFL and succeed?

I'm guessing a few larger ones might be able to in less skilled positions, no NFL player would be anywhere close to the standard needed for high level soccer though.

Considering this A-level athlete thing is resurfacing in light of the Ngannou fight, isn't the fact that Ngannou with such sub-bar skill level was able to reach to a point where he fought a Title-ship match testament to the advantages of being naturally very Athletic?

This shouldn't even be a question tbh, clearly being an A-level Athlete would take you very far in MMA [even with very little experience].

Honestly though I think we've returned to a realistic position where guys with very strong physical ability can get further faster in MMA but there are also clear limits that a lot of people look to ignore because there focused only on the physical side.

all it takes is being able to do unique things for your size that other people in your sport can't. it's just not as easy to see in MMA because it so skill based. just like it isn't very easy to see in baseball

Criteria

Speed 9
Agility 8.5
Endurance 9.5
Durability 9
Strenght 8.5
Flexibility 8.5

You need at least a 90 to be an A level athlete. If gsp were graded he'd be b level. Pro football players get an A for the most part.

Honestly though I think we've returned to a realistic position where guys with very strong physical ability can get further faster in MMA but there are also clear limits that a lot of people look to ignore because there focused only on the physical side.

Of course there are limits, champions are champs for a reason & once you get to the very top, no simple Athleticism, no matter how great will do if you lack the skills. Its just that, the fact remains with just raw power & white-belt level skills, someone was able to work his way up all the way to a title match in the UFC & lose a decision. That's just a fact the guys who deny the true power of Athletic ability in MMA will have to deal with.

I mean not to mention there are also likely existing athletes out there with just as good as a raw power (if not better) as Ngannou with very good endurance, how well would those guys do in MMA do you think? Probably very, very well.

It also remains true that Guys with abilities like that can always improve skill level & be absolute monsters but how much can you improve something as inherent as gifted athletic abilities? ...

Last edited:
Alot of the sports you mentioned require different strength, endurance and bodyframes.

There's no such thing as an A-level athlete. Different sports and different positions in those sports have a different physical and athletic blueprint for optimal performance.

Lebron James would make a horrible Jockey, and he would never be good at parkour or gymnastics.

A lot of people consider gymnasts the best example of a level athletes due to the endurance, strength and physical mastery they require. But it is a sport that favors shorter athletes.

Just because this term gets thrown around a lot these days...........

An A-level athlete is an athlete that is extremely athletic that plays Football, basketball, soccer, basically any other sport that is not fighting, etc.

Based solely on their athleticism and success in their respective sports it is easy for them to transition into fighting and become Champions with ease and very minimal training.

For example in the link provided below you can see a former NFL player/hall famer Brian Urlacher show off his athleticism and fighting prowess ( just check out the speed of technique of his punches) The skills that he used in the NFL easily translate into fighting skills

I know it sounds ridiculous that an A-level athlete can destroy a person who's been training on how to give and absorb punishment and who has been working on their fighting technique for their whole lives. But that's just the way it goes!?

An Olympic wrestler and or gymnast do not count as A-level athletes because their paycheques aren't big enough.(Sarcasm)

Plus it helps all the people that post on this website about A-level athletes feel better knowing that with minimal training they themselves can beat any UFC fighter with minimal training because they played football or basketball in high school/college.

Anyone disagree?

Lmao

Made a fool of yourself AND wasted 20 minutes of your life writing this shit up.

I didn't think I could get any dumber and then I read this thread....

Back