A Solution to the Problem of Mass Shootings

Here is what I would support in this regard. Require all vice principals to have former military or police training, and conceal carry on school grounds.

What the fuck does a vice principal even do?

Im pretty sure it involves alot of pointless meetings.
What about tech schools and elementary schools? Most of those don't have vice principals.

Having armed security at every school will cost $20B a year. Education budget is $60B a year.

No security guard is going to go looking for a deranged shooter. It would be one thing to barricade your class room and if the shooter comes in you shoot it out with them, but to think anybody is going to be crazy enough to grab their CCW and run towards the shooting when they don't know who or how many is rather ridiculous. Cops take time to suit up in all their gear and go in teams and formations.

There was heroes in the school shootings and those sacrificing their lives to try and save others, but in all instances it was the teacher caught up in the scene and reacted.

Take mental health seriously here in the US. Take away guns and psychos will still want to kill innocent people. Look at all the terrorist attacks in Europe. Homemade bombs, knives, vehicles, anything can be used as a weapon.

As far as arming teachers, I’m skeptical. Most teachers are soft. I’m all for trained professionals providing security.
Mental health should be taken seriously. But at the end of the day it's a nice way of saying, "there are a lot of fucking crazy people in the world, and we need to keep them unarmed". It's a great philosophy, and there are steps to take to help, but it'll never, *ever* be perfect.

While we need to accept that, we should not accept mass shootings at schools as the norm. I think law enforcement, the FBI, the schools, and other institutions could do better. I don't have an issue with more security at a place for learning. We might have to sacrifice a bit of liberty for safety, if that's the case.

But I do not believe banning all guns, or really any guns, is the simple and easy solution here. I just don't. You ban them, and then the (high ball estimate) 310 million in the country turns into 500 million just because of the taboo and black market issues.

And I personally would rather our nation be able to defend ourselves, on an individual basis, from any hypothetical invader - whether foreign or domestic. We are so complacent because civilization *has* gotten so much better, and we as a human race have gotten smarter. Peace is great, and we've truly had it for a long time, as far as national wars go. But that doesn't mean throw away your weapons.

If governments and military broke down, and a gun-free nation were invaded the same time we were invaded, who do you think would last longer?

Should be trained MP's. Just their presence would deter most of these shootings.

200,000 public schools in the US, many of them very large which would require multiple officers for coverage.

With salary, insurance, management and logistics, you're looking at about a trillion dollars over 10 years.

Arming every teacher? I think majority of teachers wouldnt want be armed. Another solution is armed guards in every school. I mean you kinda need more than 1 armed guard in a school of several hundred students. And how much would it cost to have several armed guards in every school?
Employ ex soldiers

Id start building schools attached to police stations rather than give teachers guns

Having armed security at every school will cost $20B a year. Education budget is $60B a year.

No security guard is going to go looking for a deranged shooter. It would be one thing to barricade your class room and if the shooter comes in you shoot it out with them, but to think anybody is going to be crazy enough to grab their CCW and run towards the shooting when they don't know who or how many is rather ridiculous. Cops take time to suit up in all their gear and go in teams and formations.

There was heroes in the school shootings and those sacrificing their lives to try and save others, but in all instances it was the teacher caught up in the scene and reacted.

How about my idea of making all vice principals DHS funded, and require former police or military training, with preferred treatment for special forces/elite training. Create a special DHS ran training for response to an active shooter. It would save states a little money, and it would probably actually have an effect. Hell, considering psy ops against the American people is status quo today, you could even lie about how the shooter actually died, and make the whole story about the heroism of the VP, and stop making rock stars of the villains.

I think you might be surprised what people's response would be to a active shooter of kids, even if the shooter is also a kid.

Why does it have to be schools? Shit happens when there's a bunch of people gathered like concerts and shit.

200,000 public schools in the US, many of them very large which would require multiple officers for coverage.

With salary, insurance, management and logistics, you're looking at about a trillion dollars over 10 years.
If it saves one life, right.
Imagine the cost of enforcing a gun ban

Try everything but what's obviously needed.

A deeper look into the impact of SSRI medications that almost every single one of these shooters is on?

there is no solution. These thing are too random.

All you can really do is keep your guard up and make sure that you have at least a reasonable plan if you are ever in that situation.

Moving out of America would go a large part of the way.

The solution the mass shootings is converting everyone to the internet and making cool drones.

Then we can have drone fights instead and no one dies. It'll be like the matrix except we'll control it.

You're welcome.

MORE GUNS

Thoughts?

hi Leonard Hald,

that's what i think of when i hear jittery members of the Trump administration sabre ratting over North Korea's nukes.

the solution to anxiety of nuclear proliferation?

MORE NUKES!!!

a society armed with nukes is a polite society, as they say. also, for all the nuke-grabbers out there, nukes never hurt anyone (what is a nuke going to do on its own, afterall? fall over and crush someone? nukes just sit sleeping in silos). its people that are the problem, not nukes!

we don't have mad totalitarian dictators. its just a mental health issue.

- IG IT

This. Hell, Columbine had an armed guard and we know how that worked out. The problem is that some security guard making $15 an hour isn't going to go out of his way to run headlong into danger in most of these situations. This isn't the secret service we're talking about.

Back