A weird thing about the Jiri fight

Prochazka lured Rakic into a firefight and Rakic complied…

Prior to that, Rakic was beating Prochazka to the punch and avoiding anything big…

Once Rakic started wanting to trade, Prochazka was able to start landing and eventually hurt him…

The difference is jiri is actually a very skilled striker and Diego was just a brawler...

But Jiri forces a violent ugly fight with a very high risk style. To fight like that against powerful LHWs and have the success he's had is fucking insane.

Jiri has quite a chin. Who knows how long it will last.

Also, it sounds dumb to say it, but LHW's are really strong. It probably hurts a lot when they wing wild shit and land.

Also, Jiri apparently practices landing wild stuff a lot.

That was a great fight. He was losing pretty badly and then suddenly he wasn't.

Jiri rolled with some of those shots so that probably helped.

What a time to be a fan. Justin throws caution out the door looking for a fight ending KO. He is criticized for low fight IQ.

Jiri does the same and granted he pulls it off. But it was the same decision.

Love by the sword die by the sword right? I'm just lucky to watch Jiri for as long as he can keep it up.

I loved what he said about how we all need to be inspired by ideas. There's too much cynicism these days, let's be inspired.

Last edited:
Jiri is so aggressive and dangerous.. Rakic was cleaner, sharper, and very comfortable handling the pressure at first. But Jiri just kept going through the leg kicks like Max and, with all of that pressure, he gave himself enough opportunities to hurt Rakic and finally did.

Reactions: HHJ
The crazy things is Jiri has a great chin and is able to take one to give one in all his fights but he couldn't do it again Poatan.

I'm m blown away by the power that man has. His fists look like cement blocks

Rakic looked like and was the better fighter. Jiri was a step behind and getting pieced up. More technical and calculated. Jiri tried to close that gap with chaos but was not working fully until round 2.

The weird thing is that Rakic was winning, in control and better than Jiri yet in round 2 it looked like Jiri finding his shot and inviting chaos was undeniable.

Tldr: Rakic was the better fighter but destined to lose.
Jiri smells blood and goes for it, he does not really think in a MMA style....Jiri, is a better street fighter while Rakic is a better MMA fighter...Jiri looked hanging on in first round...but second round, once Rakic turned his back, Jiri rushed and flowed on him and won. This does not work on people like Alex, but, others...its possible....I rarely type here and you are lucky to hear my response...."I have spoken"

Last edited:
Less technical striker gets stick of getting snipes at range, says fuck it, and pressure in hard to get the finish.

What's weird about that? It's a tale as old time lol.

Andrade and Marina was pretty much the same thing in the striking.

Jiri has more heart. Rakic crumbled. The difference was how they took pressure and damage. Rakic loves to be the hammer and is not willing to be the nail in equal amounts.

Chaos is Jiris style. Well observed. Drowns them.

Well said…watching it live I felt exactly what OP is saying and I’m a Jiri fan but he did not seem better of the two and looked like this might be the end of his elite days but so happy it wasn’t.

Rare occasion where he didn’t land anything considered a lucky punch and got a solid tko and somehow looked lucky to get him out of there at the same time

Jiri does almost nothing “right” in a conventional sense of thinking, but he is not there to do that. He will close the distance and try to finish you regardless of what happens. Every fight of his is THE performance of the night, he is there to perform before anything else. And he obviously enjoys it so it is hard not get infected with bis energy.

Shows just how far determination can get you. And I will tune in every damn time.

He wasn't better than Dom Reyes or Glover, but he beat them by pure will. Tough men can crumble under violent pressure, and Jiri knows it

Well said…watching it live I felt exactly what OP is saying and I’m a Jiri fan but he did not seem better of the two and looked like this might be the end of his elite days but so happy it wasn’t.

Rare occasion where he didn’t land anything considered a lucky punch and got a solid tko and somehow looked lucky to get him out of there at the same time
I think it's skill. But it was close. Alex did huge leg damage. But Jiri did what Jiri does. Was a close call tough. He wasn't too far from getting finished too. Guy is tough.

That's how Jiri wins. He is a very powerful and athletic fighter, so he puts the pressure on you until you make a mistake. He's never going to beat anyone solid in a technical mid-range fight.

Jiri literally out willed him. Kept a pressure on him that melted Rakic.

I disagree that he's not a samurai. He embodies the code and training well.

Jiri's kill or be killed and he is rarely ever the one who dies. He is a total fucking nightmare to fight.

Exactly, some fighters just have it, a lot of them don't. Guys like Jiri have pure killer instincts.

Reactions: HHJ
Back