About Dave Meltzer

Magx951

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of guys worship him. But let's be real, he really has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to MMA.

1. He claimed GSP "wasn't doing great in the fight" against bisping and that Bisping "just got caught"
2. He's claimed Cody Garbrandt was a welterweight champ
3. He thought that a referee would have been justified in stopping Bisping vs GSP due to cuts

this is just 3 things within like 5 minutes of this video that he said were absolutely idiotic

Apparently the guy has a lot of contacts in the industry that give him the best possible estimate as to how many PPV's a show sells, so I think ppl respect his estimates.

But as for knowing anything about MMA? Don't know if anyone defers to him in that category. And from what you said he's a complete fucking idiot as far as MMA in concerned.

Last edited:
You're reading too much into what he said about GSP. He's right if you think about it, its not as if GSP totally dominated Bisping, but I do think Meltzer downplayed his win a little bit. I think he was taking Into account how he'd do in a hypothetical fight with Whittiker when breaking down the Bisping fight.

Calling Cody a welterweight was clearly a mistake. Dave isn't that dumb, he just misspeaks sometimes. Guy is old, give him a break.

Dave is no expert when it comes to breaking down fights, but I respect his opinion more than a majority of mma media and I wouldn't call him an idiot at all.

He rated Omega vs Okada higher than the Omega vs Naito match, that's all I need to know about Dave Meltzer.

Who cares what that nerd says?

I just listen him for PPV numbers

Meltzer's probably the smartest person in the combat sports business.

He doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground - Ole Anderson

He's good with ppv estimates, and knows wrestling well. Tad annoying to listen to at times considering 75% of his dialect in back and forth discussion on podcasts is just filler while he stumbles over his words.

Dave is the ultimate con man. He managed to make a great living reviewing things he’s never done.

A lot of guys worship him. But let's be real, he really has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to MMA.

1. He claimed GSP "wasn't doing great in the fight" against bisping and that Bisping "just got caught"
3. He thought that a referee would have been justified in stopping Bisping vs GSP due to cuts

this is just 3 things within like 5 minutes of this video that he said were absolutely idiotic

Meltzer is fake news

Mystic UL has exposed that fraud already

Well he's on par with nearly everyone on here then.

He knows business and was a judge at ufc 17 (not that judges know a lot about mma anyway hehehe)

GSP was looking slow and tired in that third round. If there was ever a time for him to finish a fight quickly as possible this was it.

For months he would claim AJ styles was going to be drafted to raw
Claimed the entire draft was set up for aj to go to raw
Draft happens - Aj still on smackdown
"""plans change"""

Similar shit has happened 100s of times to dave yet he still has people believing his nonsense .

Meltzer doesn't know shit about MMA.

He's been around forever following gossip and gate numbers but knows absolutely DICK bout fighting.

Fans that use him as a source are like old ladies who go to a psychic.

Last edited:

He knows about business, but he's not really the guy you want to listen to about technique and actual fighting. So what?

Back