Media Adesanya says he's gonna walk Costa down and KO him

Izzy after every fight : I know I said was gonna do ____But I still touched him up

no, he lost the fight. Romero 1,2,5.
Romero did more damage.

And yeah, Maia VS Silva was way more entertaining.
Right at least Silva danced and pretended to be random fighters and do weird gestures

Costa gonna walk into counters all night like Whittaker did.
Most likely, if he fights like he always does and as much as some people dislike Adesanya, i don't see how they're not agreeing with this notion.

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/4/28/...t-fight-paulo-costa-ufc-fight-island-espn-mma

“You will be surprised how I’m going to walk this guy down at a certain point in this fight, how he’ll be the one taking a backward step,” he said before predicting that he will hand Paulo his first loss in MMA by way of knockout.

“It’s finishing – I’m knocking him out. That’s how I feel. It’s kill or be killed. Don’t get me wrong – like, I don’t think he’s going to catch me, and if he does, he’ll be quite surprised at my durability because a lot of people forget.

“They say, ‘Oh, he was scared of Romero’s power.’ It’s like, do you know how many (expletives) I’ve fought in this game – not just in MMA, but in kickboxing? Everyone has power, but there’s levels to this power (expletive).”

“I like ‘Fight Island.’ The movie, like the cinema I have in my head – because I’m the protagonist, right, and Costa would be the antagonist in the end of this movie – and to finish it off on ‘Fight Island,’ that just seems like some ‘Mortal Kombat’ type of (expletive). It’s just like, you couldn’t have scripted it any better,” Adesanya told MMA Junkie.“I like ‘Fight Island.’ The movie, like the cinema I have in my head – because I’m the protagonist, right, and Costa would be the antagonist in the end of this movie – and to finish it off on ‘Fight Island,’ that just seems like some ‘Mortal Kombat’ type of (expletive). It’s just like, you couldn’t have scripted it any better,” Adesanya told MMA Junkie.
Izzy is DELUSIONAL Costa will destroy his skinny body compare Izzy and Costa body and they are in the same division 485de-15703056353287-800.jpg

He's gonna start circling when Costa comes forward. He may hold his ground here and there and try to counter the wild aggression but he isn't going to be moving forward the whole fight. That would be playing russian roulette with his title.

I actually think Adesanya will win this one. But he probably means he knows he can't get stuck on the cage against a guy like Costa. I doubt he "walks down" Costa but I could see him staying withing the black lines and keeping the jab in Costas face
Costa will come forward Unlike Romero who stands like a statue

Izzy is a bit delusional. I'm betting Costa takes him out.

Costa is an easier match up for Adesanya. Costa is not hard to find and is not unpredictable like Romero who goes 2 mins without throwing a strike then explodes out of nowhere.

Costa is straight up a bull Dozer. You know what you are getting with him and that will help keep Adesanya in his zone who is a natural counter striker.

I still favor Adesanya but not as wide as before.

So 25 minutes of inner leg kicks and literally fleeing from exchanging in the pocket with Costa.

Sounds fun.

I got Adesanya in this fight. He's too slick and maintains range too well to get outbrawled by Costa.

no, he lost the fight. Romero 1,2,5.
Romero did more damage.

And yeah, Maia VS Silva was way more entertaining.

Huh? What damage did he do? Izzy didn't have scratch when the fight was over. I even provided a pic. Please point to the damage

romero.jpg

Well... it did take the Anderson vs Maia fight for Silva to enter the matrix vs Forrest...

He entered the Matrix long before Forrest and even before this

Silva+belfort+2.gif

giphy.gif

Izzy is a joke. I could see him finishing Costa, but lets be honest, he literally will be backpedalling the whole fight. I would be happy to bet he doesn't take on step forward the entire fight.

"He's a joke...but he might KO the number 1 contender"

<JagsKiddingMe>

If Costa had a gas tank he would take this easy. But in not getting my hopes up. So I kind of believe adesanya. But he's only walking costa down... After, he makes him gas out. That's why he says "at a certain point this fight". Israel isn't walking anyone down in the 1st round.

Still hoping costa wins though.

Back