Locked AEW CIX: It's SHOWTIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it comes down to personal preference. You'd get some fans complaining the opposite if they did less gimmick matches and more fucky finishes

I think it comes down to knowing when to do what. Having a card full of DQ's and count outs would rightfully enrage fans, but constant death matches and table spots is dull. They're like spices. Too much of one thing will ruin your food, but mixed in proportion make something ordinary into something enjoyable.

I think it comes down to knowing when to do what. Having a card full of DQ's and count outs would rightfully enrage fans, but constant death matches and table spots is dull. They're like spices. Too much of one thing will ruin your food, but mixed in proportion make something ordinary into something enjoyable.
I don't think AEW fans particularly like DQs and count outs which is why they're done so rarely. Time limit draws seem to be more common and even they're very rare, but leave the fans happier than a count out.

Meltzer shit on the Darby promo pretty hard and I agree with Dave.

Darby got the crowd chanting for a star that's in another company. Basically put over Jim Cornette's "All Friends Wrestling" schtick, a guy that has shit on the product since the company started.

and he didn't once mention the Young Bucks having his blood all over their jackets, the beat down of Sting, the beat down of Sting's sons, none of it.

It was a full on smark "wink wink" promo that basically buried AEW lol

I don't think AEW fans particularly like DQs and count outs which is why they're done so rarely. Time limit draws seem to be more common and even they're very rare, but leave the fans happier than a count out.

I was in the crowd last week when a time limit draw occurred. The crowd shit on it extra hard and booed even harder when they announced the PPV was gonna be a 3 way instead of giving the match 5 more minutes.

MJF and Adam Cole just did the "heel refuses 5 more minutes" schtick not that long ago also. The time limit draw shit is getting played out as well.

I was in the crowd last week when a time limit draw occurred. The crowd shit on it extra hard and booed even harder when they announced the PPV was gonna be a 3 way instead of giving the match 5 more minutes.

MJF and Adam Cole just did the "heel refuses 5 more minutes" schtick not that long ago also. The time limit draw shit is getting played out as well.
Imagine how much more they would have shit on it if it was a DQ or a count out lol

Imagine how much more they would have shit on it if it was a DQ or a count out lol

Don't think they would've shit on it. I think they would've booed the heel or the person causing it.

There's a difference between heat and a crowd shitting on something. DQ or a count out would've gotten heat.

The crowd legit shit on that time limit draw.

I dunno, a promotion with more non finishes and less gimmick matches doesn't sound as fun to me. I enjoy the variety of matches and styles AEW offers, and I enjoy having an actual winner 99% of the time.

I dunno, a promotion with more non finishes and less gimmick matches doesn't sound as fun to me. I enjoy the variety of matches and styles AEW offers, and I enjoy having an actual winner 99% of the time.
Or they could just book better, not have as many gimmick matches, and figure out a way to not have to do non finishes.

If you have two wrestlers, and don't want either to lose the match, don't book them against each other until it is time.

A count out in a number one contenders match would have been pretty shit imo. A DQ would have only worked if Hangman got Swerve DQd leading to a full on heel turn for Hangman, Swerve being left out of the title match, and people complaining about that.

Or they could just book better, not have as many gimmick matches, and figure out a way to not have to do non finishes.

If you have two wrestlers, and don't want either to lose the match, don't book them against each other until it is time.
But the complaint is that they don't do non finishes. So some people want the non finishes.

A count out in a number one contenders match would have been pretty shit imo. A DQ would have only worked if Hangman got Swerve DQd leading to a full on heel turn for Hangman, Swerve being left out of the title match, and people complaining about that.

Or they could book the 3 way for the PPV without booking Swerve vs. Hangman to a fuckery finish to begin with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Swerve and Hangman didn't even need to wrestle each other.

Or they could book the 3 way for the PPV without booking Swerve vs. Hangman to a fuckery finish to begin with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Swerve and Hangman didn't even need to wrestle each other.
True. How would you get them both to the title picture then?

True. How would you get them both to the title picture then?

They were already the number one and number two contenders on the rankings. They both wrestle strong opponents weekly, they actually use the rankings in a storyline, Hangman passes Swerve on Dynamite for #1, Swerve passes Hangman on Collision for #1 and they go back and forth like that for a few weeks. Gets to a point where you don't have a clear #1. Tony Khan books a 3 way.

They brought back the rankings, they might as well use them and it could've led to several fun matches on all of their shows, with each guy trying to one up the other.

They were already the number one and number two contenders on the rankings. They both wrestle strong opponents weekly, they actually use the rankings in a storyline, Hangman passes Swerve on Dynamite for #1, Swerve passes Hangman on Collision for #1 and they go back and forth like that for a few weeks. Gets to a point where you don't have a clear #1. Tony Khan books a 3 way.

They brought back the rankings, they might as well use them and it could've led to several fun matches on all of their shows, with each guy trying to one up the other.
Then people would ask why not book a match between them to figure out who the actual number one contender is?

Then people would ask why not book a match between them to figure out who the actual number one contender is?

Who are these "people"? A few randos on Twitter and Reddit?

Who gives a fuck about these "people" lol

I wouldn't have Hangman in the title picture at all considering he lost to Swerve twice.
I think that's the proper answer here tbf. Just means Joe gets a short reign, or Swerve eats a loss. Still gonna have unhappy fans but it would make a lot more sense. I think Hangman is here to protect Swerve and eat the pin

This week's Dynamite was fine. It was there. Nowhere near as good as last week's, but that was to be expected. Some dumb stuff.

Mox vs Dax was fine. Could do without those headbutts.

Weird announcement for Ospreay's match. I presume it is to set him up to split from Don. Sure.

Wardlow squashed a geek. His knee seemed fine.

Sting facial hair for the Bucks.

Cope vs Garcia was good. A rare DQ. OK. No probs. Danny needs new music. That crap he has atm is so lifeless. This was also the first time I heard someone call him "Edge". Took surprisingly long!

Joe, Swerve and Dril Hangman were great. Best thing on the show by far.

Excellent Toni Storm film. Rubbish Deonna promo. Bitch. Groan.

Gotta give the Bucks credit. They've changed their act pretty much entirely. Woeful post-match promos though.
Darby's promo getting Cody chants? What an odd direction for him to go. #FinishTheStory!

Mox kisses Dax. Bowens has a Valentine's gift for Renee. Interesting marriage they have.

Willow vs Skye Blue was very good. Former over big time.

Main event. What the fuck. I know they were in Texas, but my god, AEW have killed that stip. Can't wait for the next time they want it to mean something in a big feud.

Who are these "people"? A few randos on Twitter and Reddit?

Who gives a fuck about these "people" lol
Literally anyone who criticises wrestling. You'd get people in this forum I bet too.

Your way satisfies you, but not everybody. Just like the current story satisfies some fans but not you.

Literally anyone who criticises wrestling. You'd get people in this forum I bet too.

Your way satisfies you, but not everybody. Just like the current story satisfies some fans but not you.

and I'm sure there were people satisfied with Vince Russo's Judy Bagwell on a pole match. It didn't really work out too well for WCW as a whole though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back