• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked AEW CXIII : It's Wednesday , Where's the Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not. My son's wrestling team has their yearly banquet tonight. He'll be getting the all academic award for the third year straight.

jordan-1-threepeat.jpg
What? How dare you

The do a really good job at building people up, it's what to do next is where they can't really figure it out. I remember the Acclaimed being some random group and boom they rise to the top and had a massive reaction.

Jen Pepperman being AEW's Vice President of Content Development after reading about the pitches she was a part of in that lawsuit against WWE by that other ex-writer doesn't make me very excited lol
Sometimes I think fans look too much into that stuff. At the end of the day I don't know who is pitching what and someone I think gets wrestling like Malenko or Lynn might be pitching utter shite compared to some former WWE writer. Unless you're in the room, you don't know.

"And if you watch closely here. Jungle Boi dodges CM Punk's punch, back and to the left. Watch again. Back and to the left. Back and to the left."
"Here we see, Tony Khan, in a triangulation of fire. He's in the killing zone between the stack of monitors and the table. Punk has walked the backstage area, he knows every inch. It's a turkey shoot!"

Imagine if they go full on Huckster and Nacho Man with the "footage" tonight. It's fitting that Vince Russo was in the skit <lmao>

The do a really good job at building people up, it's what to do next is where they can't really figure it out. I remember the Acclaimed being some random group and boom they rise to the top and had a massive reaction.
I kinda predicted the fans turning on The Acclaimed. They'd turn face, get watered down somewhat, and the hardcores will sour on them despite them still being over and merch sellers. Just like The New Day lol

It also doesn't help that people get upset any time they go slightly edgy which is what got them over in the first place. People praised Joe for that P Diddy line last week but if Max Caster said it, I think it would be a different reaction.

Imagine if they go full on Huckster and Nacho Man with the "footage" tonight. It's fitting that Vince Russo was in the skit <lmao>

Geez, I forgot about the steroid joke

"Here we see, Tony Khan, in a triangulation of fire. He's in the killing zone between the stack of monitors and the table. Punk has walked the backstage area, he knows every inch. It's a turkey shoot!"

And that coward Megha pointing out Tony Khan to murderous CM Punk in hopes that she will be spared his wrath:

dumb-and-dumber-pointing.gif

He has ties to Hollywood, Ed...

<EdgyBrah>

"Was Brawl Out filmed on a Hollywood back lot, like the moon landing? Did Tony Khan send CM Punk to be his mole inside the WWE? What you're watching tonight could help provide answers to marks everywhere. Join me for another edition of Unsolved Mysteries."

As long as they're building towards the future and not relying on these guys (which is where WCW and TNA have seriously gone wrong in the past) then I think they'll be good. Swerve and Ospreay are good indicators of that though
Hopefully Adam drops the belt to someone like Daniel Garcia.

All I know is Danielson, Punk's friend saw the video and recommended Punk be fired.

I think the best case scenario for AEW and my entertainment would be Punk starts going crazy and swinging unprovoked and misses each time, goes for a front face lock that "Shooter" Perry easily gets out of. And then the shooter and him tussle and Perry is getting the better of it when Joe breaks it up.

And yeah, I think they are showing it. I don't think they'll show the footage of Punk attacking Tony Khan; however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back