Media Alex Pereira taught Rogan & DC his secret technique to check leg kicks

In before Shaub tells the entire world the secret once Joe tells him privately.

Don't think I've seen him use this in a fight but maybe this is the technique they are talking about. Alex brings his other leg up behind his calf to block the kick

That was my first thought when I clicked the thread.

But there are videos of it, it's not secret. I've seen him do it in plenty of training videos.

It felt like Joe was talking about a systematic approach ..but Joe is a goof.

This could be exactly what he was hinting at.

Rogan said he has a system. Which isn't super easy to see like a single technique is.

Elite kickboxers don't care if you check their kicks, their legs are so conditioned that they'll keep kicking anyways so if you can check really well it doesnt stop Thai fighters, theyll just keep kicking. Liam Harrision has a attack that even if you check he'll throw like 5 full powered leg kicks in a row...... but if you have a way to threaten a counter off every kick or punish somebody off of every leg kick they attempt it can negate that weapon and even open them up.

I have absolutely no idea what the system is but I'd assume it's heavily blended with his footwork since his footwork in itself is a very unique style too.
Bingo. The whole "we can watch him do it in fights" argument is a very simplistic way of looking at things. It's like saying we can look at footage of a chess grandmaster and simply copy it he does, or look at footage of Gordon Ryan's leg locks and simply copy it. There's a lot more that goes into it than just the move itself.

Rogan said he has a system. Which isn't super easy to see like a single technique is.

Elite kickboxers don't care if you check their kicks, their legs are so conditioned that they'll keep kicking anyways so if you can check really well it doesnt stop Thai fighters, theyll just keep kicking. Liam Harrision has a attack that even if you check he'll throw like 5 full powered leg kicks in a row...... but if you have a way to threaten a counter off every kick or punish somebody off of every leg kick they attempt it can negate that weapon and even open them up.

I have absolutely no idea what the system is but I'd assume it's heavily blended with his footwork since his footwork in itself is a very unique style too.

Joe threw some kicks as a kid... but he clearly is a casual.
DC being educated by technique (outside of wrestling) is not surprising.

The Aldo video pretty much covers it. There's more to the method but you get the gist.

Alex has mastered his weight shifting to his rear leg/hip.
It is how he can flamingo different ways. His stability is wild.
It is pretty easy to try this stuff, but you'll eventually fall over.
He has mastered fighting on one leg and it's hard to spot in real time.
Slightly different than Aldo turning his rear/hip. Same idea, adapted differently.

Alex leg kicks in a way similar to how Ivan Hippolyte (the soccer kick one) kicks off the straight punch (jab).

Don't think I've seen him use this in a fight but maybe this is the technique they are talking about. Alex brings his other leg up behind his calf to block the kick

He does this in his pad practice clips as well (with that Lee Alves guy)

Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 10.36.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-02-04 at 10.36.59 PM.png

The reason why Strickland beat Izzy. He was checking leg kicks all night after training with Poatan.

Eddie looks distinguished with that salt and pepper look

Alex reminds me of Aldo just lifting the leg so the kick has very little weight to it.

They do it so smoothly, don't lose on ounce of balance.

Joe Rogan sounds like the biggest fucking moron right now. You mean to tell me it's so secret that it can't been seen when it happen? Lol. I haven't paid much attention to Rogan since he decided his opinion outside of mma' means anything to normal people, but whatever little love i had for him just went out the window. Tell me how Rhonda I can't throw a fucking punch Rousey can beat a man.

I remember thinking for a second he snapped Izzy's leg when he checked him that time he fell a rolled over

Rogan always says how much he loves Adesanya, no doubt he'll low key tell him what he knows Lol

Back