News Alexander Volkanovski vs. Ilia Topuria set for UFC 298 on Feb. 17, location TBD

Who wins?

• Total voters
I'm not feeling this fight at all. Ilia has 0 chance in this one. Only guy that would have any shot at 45 would be the recent version of Max that we've seen, he looked absolutely sensational and revitalized against Arnold and Zombie. If it were up to me I would do Volk vs Max 4 and then have Volk go up to 55 to settle things with islam
Good thing you’re not in charge
<{walkerwhut}>

Fuck, they pulling me to buy tickets to this one.

Just a fun fact and nothing to be serious about due to competition.
Striking Defense:

Topuria 67%
Strickland 63%
Volk 58%
Adesanya 56%

Topuria also has a 92% TDD

But
People saying Volk will run through Topuria are just dumb sheople who know nothing about technique and base the outcome on previous success.

I got so nervous watching Volk fight Yair. It's just when your favorite fighter fights... disgusting feeling, sickening. I'm gonna be so nervous this time around, too. Volk is aging and against a dangerous opponent but I have full faith in Volk. He gets it done inshallah.
Haha, same for me especially if it’s a favorite who’s chasing a title, whenever there are prolonged exchanges I’ll quickly slam my lazy boy shut, stand up like my house was on fire, get closer to the TV and tense up, going full Chuck Liddell… sometimes I’ll scream instructions as if they can hear me. I watch fights a few times nearly every week and don’t react the same way, so it’s quite unusual. What makes matters worse is the wife and kids will always look at me with suspicion and disgust, I’m semi cognizant of when I react like that, just can’t help it or don’t really care…lol. Ive never asked, but have always assumed it’s because they could sense my enjoyment of violence and bloodlust, who knows.
chuck-bruhhhhhhhhhh.gif

Topuria will be champion one day IMO. Not sure it will be January as Volk has looked better than ever. I think Volk edges out a competitive fight but this year has once again proven what you think you know means nothing, MMA is unpredictable.

Just a fun fact and nothing to be serious about due to competition.
Striking Defense:

Topuria 67%
Strickland 63%
Volk 58%
Adesanya 56%

Topuria also has a 92% TDD

But
People saying Volk will run through Topuria are just dumb sheople who know nothing about technique and base the outcome on previous success.

Topuria stats are from fighting guys like mitchell, Emmett, and Ryan hall. Volk is maintaining his stats against guys like max, aldo, yair, etc etc.

They've been operating at different levels, so the stats don't tells us much in my opinion.

Topuria stats are from fighting guys like mitchell, Emmett, and Ryan hall. Volk is maintaining his stats against guys like max, aldo, yair, etc etc.

They've been operating at different levels, so the stats don't tells us much in my opinion.

Thank you for repeating that I stated it a non serious fun fact

Volk 50-45. It's about time Canada gets a decent card.

Unless Volk has aged overnight at 35, which is possible considering he'll be the only guy at his age to defend his title at the weight class, he should beat Ilia soundly. Volk has superior footwork; mixes up his striking better; can employ a diverse approach, changing levels at any moment; and is one of the smartest, most adaptable fighters we've ever seen with a better gas tank. Ilia can win. It's a fight with four ounce gloves, but I don't think it's likely.

Volk is the highest overall skill level in the history of the division. There have been fighters with higher levels of individual skills, but nobody adds all their total skills up to match his sum level.

Volk beats everyone until his athleticism slips from age or injury.

Topuria should make for a fun fight though given he's a hitter with a lot of aggression.

Cant wait for this one. Topuria is going to brutally finish Volk.

I'm not feeling this fight at all. Ilia has 0 chance in this one. Only guy that would have any shot at 45 would be the recent version of Max that we've seen, he looked absolutely sensational and revitalized against Arnold and Zombie. If it were up to me I would do Volk vs Max 4 and then have Volk go up to 55 to settle things with islam
I always find it funny when someone claims a fighter has ZERO chances.

How many times does Volk have to beat Max? Did you see the third fight? Holloway gave up even trying to win.

Ilia after Volk is done with him:

Lol in your version of events Volk goes up 3-1 in their head to head matchups and then gets kicked out of the division? o_O<Lmaoo>

If ilia is a big dog I’ll sprinkle him

he’ll be able to keep it standing …. From there he hits hard and he’s fast …. It’s intriguing

if Volk beats him He’s cleaned the division …. This is Volks hardest test for sure !!! Ilia is no joke !

Back